Middelfart - let's not follow through

View attachment 84455View attachment 1126739
March

The winter months always seem to take forever. Whilst we were all recovering in front of log fires, I was scurrying to get some business done in the transfer window but there was no such luck. Funds are very tight and the board will not budge with spending money.

Danish Superliga: Randers FC vs Middelfart
View attachment 84454
A bit of rust as we stumbled to a 0-0 draw against a Randers side we should really be beating.

Danish Superliga: OB vs Middelfart
View attachment 84453
I do love a sneaky 1-0 win. Gonzalez has been a bit hit and miss but seems to prefer the 4-4-2 formation so that he has someone up top with him. A win will do us!

Danish Superliga: Silkeborg vs Middelfart
View attachment 84452
ARGH! So annoying, we should have won this but they upped their game. I suppose we didn't lose but I would have much rather we won seeing these are supposed to beat.

Danish Cup Fourth Round: AGF vs Middelfart
View attachment 84450
AGF came into this game as favourites but after 6 minutes and a 2-0 lead, we changed that quickly. Paulissen put in the performance of his life, he was unplayable. We smashed them and thoroughly deserved the win, much to the delight of our 17 away fans..

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Brondby
View attachment 84449
A very busy match to finish the month ahead of the international break. Collins Tanor popped in a rare goal and then on the other end of the scale Jensen popped in yet another. The referee was kept very busy. 3 points!

View attachment 84448
It has taken some time but I have finally completed all my coaching badges. Not bad considering I started off on basically the lowest level of coaching!

Monthly Review:
A very good month but not the best. We should have picked up more points but we are where we are. TOP OF THE LEAGUE! It is a slender lead of 1 point but with some luck and if we stay focused, we could make this top spot our own.
View attachment 84447

Player of the Month: Troels Jensen. What a man. We got him on loan from Napoli, they are somehow not renewing his contract so we are working to bring him here permanently on a free!

UP. THE. FARTS!!​

View attachment 84446View attachment 1126748

April

Compared to last month, this month is going to be proper busy. With a number of fixtures, we need to stay competitives as we enter the Champions Phase of the Superliga and look to push on in the Danish cup too.
Best get to it!

Danish Superliga: Esbjerg vs Middelfart
View attachment 84445
Hopefully an indication of the month as we start as we mean to go on. Jensen scores another worldie, smashing in the winner from 20 yards.

Danish Cup Quarter Final: OB vs Middelfart
View attachment 84444
Jensen has really stepped it up a gear in recent months. His two goals here managed to be the difference. A late rally from OB was not enough.

Danish Superliga: Brondby vs Middelfart
View attachment 84443
Brondby away filled me with anxiety but when the whistle went, my worries were soon calmed. We were dominant. Gonzalez has been hit and miss but after a long drought he has finally scored another Jensen decides to pop in another 2 goals. Middelfart fans chanting his name "HE SCORES WHEN HE WANTS!"

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Copenhagen
View attachment 84442
This is it. The 6 pointer. Sadly we matched each other and in truth, we held on. A draw suits us fine, no ground lost.

Good news ahead of our next game. Little ol Randers have beaten Copenhagen! A gap is appearing!
View attachment 84439

Danish Superliga: FC Midtjylland vs Middelfart
View attachment 84441
The gap was not widened as we were unable to beat the Wolves. All the points count though!

View attachment 84440
A lovely new record by our very own Radza. He has been the ever-preset from the very start of this journey. Right up the leagues and now breaking records.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Randers FC
View attachment 84438
Randers have done us a favour but we tried to get the better of them to get the win. Solid defence meant we were held for our third consecutive 0-0. I hope these dropped points won't cost us.

Danish Cup Semi Final: Middelfart vs FC Midtjylland
View attachment 84437
Up against the Wolves yet again. A goalless draw was the result a few games ago. The cup was different. Troels Jensen took the game by the scruff of the neck and got us the breakthrough! We are going to the final!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Esbjerg
View attachment 84436
It feels like we have played the same teams all month, a final game of the month against Esbjerg sees Jensen score yet again and we get the 3 points!

Monthly Review:
View attachment 84435
A really good month and with Copenhagen slipping up, we have moved a bit further clear! One more month to potentially cause the biggest shock in Danish football. Can we do it?
View attachment 84434
An undefeated month. Good going!

Player of the month: No doubt it's Jensen. He really has played well and I am pleased to confirm that he will be joining on a permanent basis!

UP. THE. FARTS!!!​

Very good month there mate. Starting to get some breathing room at the top! Last month was good as well. Bet those 17 fans were glad they made the trip for the AGF match! :p

Very good month there mate. Starting to get some breathing room at the top! Last month was good as well. Bet those 17 fans were glad they made the trip for the AGF match! :p

Thanks man, was quite difficult to tinker the formations and not go all out. Definitely being more cautious. On a serious note, I am annoyed by the fans aspect. I know Middelfart is a small place but given the growing stature of the team I would have thought the fan base would have grown to match this!

just read all this, great story. looking forward to seeing you lift the title!

View attachment 84395View attachment 1126802

May
This is it sports fans. The final few games. Make or break. Can we win the league and break the hoodoo?
What better way to start the month than a game vs the reigning champions!

Danish Superliga: Copenhagen vs Middelfart
View attachment 84394
Jesus. Last time time I saw this much yellow was when Olga smiled at me at the fish market. A very intense game where former Hammers man Nordveit got sent off. Clive Watts scored an absolute screamer. He hit it so hard the ball nearly burst! Surely the league is ours now just need one more win I think!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Brondby
View attachment 84393
YEYYEESSSSSS WE ARE ******* CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 84392
7 years. 7 long years where Copenhagen have dominated, until us.
Now onto the Cup final!

Danish Cup Final
Silkeborg vs Middelfart

Welcome to this special presentation of the Danish Cup Final. Middelfart come into this game as slight favourites, but with the surprises we have had this season, never write off an underdog!
Just shy of 20,000 fans here as we wait for Kick off.

Kick off: We are underway as Middelfart get us started!
24 Minutes: A relatively quiet first opening stage, Middelfart have the ball but no real chances yet.
43 Minutes: A real chance here as the passing picks up speed from Middelfart's midfielders, Hansen plays it out onto Thychosen on the left. Low cross into the box, JENSENNN!!! What a tidy finish for the lead!
43 Minutes: Silkeborg get us underway and look to attack. They have played a lofted through ball, a chance for BAYYY!! He has done it! Instant reply from Silkeborg! And just like that the game has come to life.

Half time: Good viewing here as the teams are looking to build on their goals. Let's hope for more of the same.
68 Minutes: Middelfart have again had possession but the game has slowed right down. Not much to report.
90 Minutes: That's it! We are going to extra time!

Extra time: Both sides look set for penalties here, not much in the way of chances and we look set for the shootout it seems!

PENALTIES: It's keeper vs keeper. Every penalty taker will be feeling nervous, can they handle the pressure. Middelfart will take the first penalty in front of the Silkeborg end.

Penalty 1: Jensen steps up for Middelfart. He has been red hot this season, can he do it? SCORES! A hard shot into the top right corner!
Penalty 1: Up steps Silkeborg and MISS! The ball goes low and right but way past the outside of the post.
Penalty 2: Next up is Hansen for Middelfart! GOAL! Right down the middle!
Penalty 2: Silkeborg need this to get on the board. SAVED! Radza punches it clear, what a save!
Penalty 3: Thycosen now. GOAL! It means Silkeborg need to score to stay in.
Penalty 3: This is it. A score to stay in. RADZA SAVES again!! The crowd does great and Radza is running to the fans!
View attachment 84390

Unreal!! We have done the double!

View attachment 84391

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Midtjylland
View attachment 84385
Wow, the biggest defeat of the season. I think the players were hanging out their ***** from partying hard.

View attachment 84384
Some nice recognition for our efforts in the Europa League.

Danish Superliga: Randers vs Middelfart
View attachment 84383
Last game of the season and I wanted the team to end on a high. At least we won!

View attachment 84382
The board have upped it and rightly so, the £10 Million profit I made for the club should warrant it.

View attachment 84381
I don't quite know why MOlberg is so popular, he was a rotation player but still won all the awards. My vote was definitely from Jensen. All about them goals!

Look at that increase! up 70 places!
View attachment 84380

The final season review!
View attachment 84379

UP. THE. FARTS!!!!

I'm with theBattman. Give Europe a crack then maybe try a different challenge. You can't just walk away having finally ended Copenhagen's dominance, can you???

I'm with theBattman. Give Europe a crack then maybe try a different challenge. You can't just walk away having finally ended Copenhagen's dominance, can you???

Well you guys have a point, I think this is just the start still. I don't know if I can leave just yet. Update soon!

View attachment 84346
Looking back, it really has been an incredible journey. Starting in 2017 this club has been the foundation of a blooming romance and love. I did not expect this at all. We have gone from bottom of the Second Division to Superliga Champions, we have had more fans join us on the journey and it has been really special.

I was busy reflecting whilst waiting for the Chairman of the club, Ole Andresen. We have agreed to meet in a coffee shop in the newly developed town centre.
View attachment 84345
I feel this is a real indication of the progress the town has made alongside the club's success. Finally Ole shows up and we grab a cup to go.

Ole: So Hein, what's on your mind then?

H: Well Ole, I must be honest with you and let you know where I stand. I feel like we have made huge strides as a club but we are still behind our competitors.

O: What do you mean behind?

H: Look at Copenhagen, they have a massive stadium, the facilities are great and they have an ongoing stream of talent coming through. There are other clubs that are the same position and we are losing ground. If you want to build on our success we need to invest in these things.

O: I understand that but we have to thing about stability, we don't want to spend money on these improvements if the fans aren't there.

H: Look at what I have done over the years, we have had a meteoric rise, I have massively increased the money coming in. We are not going to fall down into relegation. I need you guys to trust me, I need this.

O: I can see this means a lot to you. I will talk to the rest of the board and we will talk to the council about buying the stadium.

H: That's great! If we own the stadium we can expand it and better the facilities. It's embarrassing playing in another stadium for European football, we need to get this stadium for the future of this club.

A very productive talk and I think we are onto something. In the meantime, I am working on transfers to stabilise the club and take us into the new season with a fighting chance of retaining our title.

Well you guys have a point, I think this is just the start still. I don't know if I can leave just yet. Update soon!

Good that you are keen to continue. If that's the case I'd happily follow Middlefart into the new stadium and beyond!

An excellent achievement and I'm keen to continue the journey with you. It's going to get harder now but with luck the Farts will soon be crowned European Champions I feel.

An excellent achievement and I'm keen to continue the journey with you. It's going to get harder now but with luck the Farts will soon be crowned European Champions I feel.

UP. THE. FARTS!!

View attachment 84336
Middelfart - The rising star of Danish Football

In an unprecedented turn of events, a small club has found enormous success over the past few years. Last season Middelfart lifted their first ever Superliga title, much to the surprise of all in Danish football. The team were predicted to finish 10th in the 14 team league.

This has been all down to one man, English manager Hein van der Westhuizen. He started with the club as an unqualified hopeful in the bottom tier of Danish football and has seen the club lift 3 league titles and has brought enormous success to the small town of Middelfart.

A strong showing in Europe has also earned more fans and plaudits for the team who fell just short of qualifying from the group stages of the Europa League. They will surely be a team to look out for as we can confirm that van der Westhuizen has agreed a 2 year contract extension!
View attachment 84333

The manager is said to be delighted as this news as he is hungry for more success. "I feel like we have built something really special here and the success from last year is just the beginning. We want to keep pushing and be as successful as we can be"

Ambitious words form and ambitious manager. All eyes will be on Copenhagen as they look to reestablish their dominance after they got knocked off the top spot by Middelfart.

View attachment 84332
Poland FA appoint van der Westhuizen

In somewhat surprising news, the Polish FA have taken a bold step in appointing English manager van der Westhuizen. The stock of the Englishman has risen significantly due to his management of Middelfart who impressed by winning the Superliga in Denmark and also did so well on a European front.

A spokesperson for the FA only had a quick statement to make regarding the appointment. "We are ****, we needed help and he seems all right"

Blunt but to the point. Fans have had a mixed reaction to the news. On the streets of Warsaw there are rumours of small riots taking place, although this is yet to be confirmed as a direct result of the appointment of their new manager or due to the fact that it is a Thursday morning.

When asked how he will deal with balancing management of both a club team and a national team, the new boss said "It is a challenge no doubt, but I am always looking to better myself and those around me, I have already started taking Polish lessons!"

The eagerness and ambition is plain to see, but this is no small feat. European qualification is of paramount importance to the country of Poland and any underperformance will be heavily scrutinised.

View attachment 84328

Summer Signings beef up Champions
With news coming from Middelfart about transfers we have come up with this update to capture all the comings and goings from the Danish Champions.

Released list:
View attachment 84326
In what some have considered surprising move, left back Hojer and right midfielder Travljanin have been released.

Players In:

First in the door is Souleymanou Ayuk, the Belgian joins on loan from PSV. Able to play at both striker and right wing, he will provide an excellent back up to top scorer Troels Jensen and the promising Lorenzo Gonzalez. View attachment 84325

Onto defence now where reinforcements come in, in the shape of experienced Dutchman Mart Dijkstra. Able to play at the heart of defence or as a deep midfielder, Middelfart will hope that he can lead with his experience and bring on the younger Kabongo and Molberg.
View attachment 84324

In between the sticks there is also a change. Dannevang departs after a disappointing season and in comes Hojbjerg. He is much more formidable and many are tipping him to take the starting role over Radza.
View attachment 84323

In midfield there is a surprising return, Thomas Madsen rejoins the club for a record £1.1 Million. Having departed a few years ago to join big boys Copenhagen. A series of loan moves were on the cards and it has been difficult for the Dane. It is no secret how big of a fan the Middelfart boss is of Madsen and it will surely do the youngster the world of good to be playing regularly.
View attachment 84322

Onto the wings come the talented Meilinger who becomes Middelfart's first Austrian player. His skills and ability is evident and it will be interesting to see if he can kick on at Middelfart.
View attachment 84321

Lastly we bring you a left back. In comes Mads Pedersen for outgoing Hojer. The Dane is highly rated and cost over half a million pounds. He is quick and can cross a ball. Can he bring more stability to the defence? Time will tell.
View attachment 84320

That concludes the signings for the Champions and the big question is, can they do it again?

Seemingly some good business done there, hopefully it shows where it matters most, on the pitch!

Seemingly some good business done there, hopefully it shows where it matters most, on the pitch!

Can only hope they pay off! I really like the look of Madsen and Meilinger, I think they will create and score a load!