Middelfart - let's not follow through

View attachment 1126960
Middelfart secure deal for Sissoko
Middelfart have announced that they have completed the signing of experienced Frenchman Moussa Sissoko.
In what many have labelled a coup for the club, it is evident that the versatile midfielder adds a wealth of experience to the squad.

Sissoko first made a name for himself at Toulouse in France before moving to Newcastle United for a mere £2.1 Million. After some steady performances, Sissoko signed for Tottenham for a sizeable £30 Million. Having failed to make an impact to live up to his price, Sissoko was released and found a new club at Red Bull Salzburg in Austria.

Some of the performances showed his worth in Austria but ultimately he was released. He is said to be relishing the challenge of Danish football and hopes to bring his own 'je ne sais quoi' to the team.

View attachment 84249

View attachment 84248View attachment 1126963

July
In a few weeks the Superliga will kick off and the big question on everyone's lips is whether we can do this again. I am going to give it my all to be up there at the end of the season. We have started well in pre-season and the team is gelling well. We have won all three games 3-0 and looked very good.
LETS DO THIS!

Danish Superliga: Copenhagen vs Middelfart
View attachment 84247
Troels Jensen just can't stop scoring. He picked up from last season within 20 minutes. We couldn't keep them at bay though but managed to pick up a draw.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AAB
View attachment 84246
Yes! Back at home with a bang! Jensen continues his tradition of scoring in the 19th minute before new boy Meilinger scores his first goal for the Mighty Middelfart. Hansen bangs in a long range effort to open his account for the year. Meanwhile AAB were just trying to see if every player could get booked.

Champions League Draw
View attachment 84245
We are matched up against Polish side Lech Poznan, who we should be able to beat and progress to the next round!

View attachment 84244

In the final news of the season we have secured 500 more season tickets for the season! With the new stadium on the horizon, it will not be long until we bump these numbers up!

Monthly Review: A very good month, not really perfect but I think as good as it could get. Now to rest up for next month which will be busy as anything.

Player of the Month: The obvious call would have been Troels Jensen, but I am voting for new boy Meilinger who got a goal and an assist to his name. He is settling in well and looks to offer some real quality on the left wing.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!!​

View attachment 84199View attachment 1127014

August

Help will be needed as the month of August is as busy as it gets. We have Superliga fixtures, Champions League qualifiers and to top it of they are within days of each other. So buckle up *******, this is about to go off.

View attachment 84197
Champions League Qualifier: Middelfart vs Lech
View attachment 84198
Oh I do love when a plan comes together. Troels Jensen is firing on all cylinders already and Paulissen has not lost his touch over the dead ball. Confident performance which gives us a nice buffer to build on.

Danish Superliga: Randers vs Middelfart
View attachment 84196
Back to the league and Randers were out to spoil the party. Kallesoe scores a double to put us on edge but thankfully Paulissen gets a rare goal from open play and Molberg gets an even rarer goal from a corner! A point is a point!

Champions League Qualifier: Lech vs Middelfart
View attachment 84195
We did it! Set up shop and saw the game out. Going through on aggregate!

Danish Superliga: FC Midtjylland vs Middelfart
View attachment 84194
OH JENSEN!! The hat trick man! What a performance to get all 3 points and complete the revenge from last season's end of year 5-0 defeat!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AC Horsens
View attachment 84193
The newly promoted side made it really tough for us but a late bit of managerial genius saw Ipoua come on as a sub and he scored! Lets go!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Nordsjaelland
View attachment 84192
Another 1-0 win. We will take them, we need to be consistent and get points even when it's ugly like today was. Meilinger is continuing his impressive form.

Champions League Playoff: Basel vs Middelfart
View attachment 84191
One of the toughest draws possible, Basel are a very strong team and showed it. Belhout got them off to a very good start with a nice goal. Our pressure mounted and we forced the own goal! An away goal! Vital.

Danish Superliga: Lyngby vs Middelfart
View attachment 84190
Jensen does it again and gets us another vital win as we mount the title defence.

Champions League Playoff: Middelfart vs Basel
View attachment 84189
YESSS LADS!! We have done it! Group stages of the Champions League for the first time in the clubs history! A confident 2-0 win to add to our away goal sees us through to the next round! Dare to dream?
Loving how Jensen and Meilinger are combining and banging them in!

A nice little bonus for beating Basel.
View attachment 84188

Even more money due to reaching the group stage!
View attachment 84187

The next round has been drawn. ****.
View attachment 84186

Monthly review: What a month, a great result in the Champions League and a good month in the Superliga. We need to build on this to secure our title chase and show we mean business.

Player of the Month: Has to be Jensen. He has been red hot and scored a hat trick! So happy with him at the moment!

UP. THE. FARTS!!!!​

Not a bad group all things considered there at least you avoided the big 3 of Barca, Madrid and Bayern. Unfortunately I don't see you getting out of the group but third place isn't beyond the Farts. A couple of good results against Sporting and you will be fine after all this is only your first time in the group stage and therefore it's still very much a leatning experience. Overall not a bad start to the season for you. Keep up the work.

I will screenshot the other groups, there are some very tasty fixtures and no easy games. I am optimistic but realise this will be a bit too much to ask of the team, if anything it is just worth the money.

Just caught up on this story. The Danish league for me is one of the little jewels in the game as it's pretty straight forward but very addictive! KIU

Thanks buddy, yeah it has really got me glued to the game and I just want to keep beating Copenhagen!

View attachment 84126View attachment 1127091
September
A good start. We need to consolidate and build on it. With a solid outing in the Champions League meaning valuable money for the club, I just hope that we remain in touch with the league. Let's get to it!

Danish Superliga: Silkeborg vs Middelfart
View attachment 84125
Up against the Danish Cup finalists again and we end up on the winning side despite them being far more competitive. An own goal and another Meilinger goal sees us secure all three points away from home.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Esbjerg
View attachment 84124
An early goal was enough here, Hansen scores and we edge it, only just mind. I'll take it!

Champions League Group stage: Middelfart vs Sporting
View attachment 84121
Our very first game in the Champions League, a very good showing indeed! Paulissen scores another free kick and we rely on an own goal to get a point but I am happy with that!

All about that money!
View attachment 84120

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AGF
View attachment 84119
Yes lads! A great performance from all the boys and we looked good bar the own goal.

Danish Superliga: Hobro vs Middelfart
View attachment 84117
A very disappointing game where we chased them around the park. It took until the 74th minute to break through and get a leveller but overall a sub par performance.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs OB
View attachment 84116
Ayuk has been playing in the place of injured Jensen and has been red hot. He gets us off to a flyer until Mortensen pegs us back on the half hour. Hansen then saves the day with a volley near the penalty spot to grab us all 3 points.

Monthly Review: A very strong month sees us secure a strong position in the league. A nice 5 point lead over Copenhagen but let's not get too carried away as they have a game in hand.
View attachment 84114

Player of the Month: A case of which player to choose. 3 of our lads made it into the Team of the Month but I am going to vote for Hansen. 2 winning goals and some stern performances have seen his stock rise rapidly in my books!

View attachment 84115

UP. THE. FARTS!!​

View attachment 83913View attachment 1127324
October

The team is bonding well and we are getting a bit of momentum, that said we are not as convincing as I'd like and we have a lot of games ahead. With Champions League action continuing this month, we just need to stay competitive.

Champions League Group Stage: Inter vs Middelfart
View attachment 83912
Last season we wanted to play in famous stadiums but this year is different. We travel to the San Siro in Milan to play Inter. We looked good as the game kicked off and Candreva had to work hard to breakthrough on the half hour mark. It actually looked like we had a chance of getting something from the game but sadly couldn't. A great trip out for 178 away fans!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Copenhagen
View attachment 83911
A goalless draw against our rivals for the title. We didn't actually look like winning, so happy with the point.

View attachment 83910
A nice bit of cash boost for the position in the league!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Brondby
View attachment 83909
Having gone behind we showed a good character (Brendan Rodgers style) to level. Did enough to win it but needed to score.

Champions League Group Stages: Arsenal vs Middelfart
View attachment 83908
Away to the Emirates and we were just hoping for a respectable defeat. 3-0 was not too bad I suppose. Didn't feel to great though.

Danish Superliga: AAB vs Middelfart
View attachment 83907
AAB got promoted but they are a very good side. They have some good players and despite our recent success, we were not clear favourites. Madsen scored to get us going but then we couldn't double our advantage. A draw was tough but at least we are still undefeated in the league.

Monthly Review:

We finish level with Copenhagen and tied on goal difference. Still not really hit our stride to look like we are Champions. The Champions League is going as expected, not well.
View attachment 83906

Player of the Month: In a month of mediocre performances I am not able to pick a winner. The lads need to do more.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!!​

View attachment 83901View attachment 1127337
November
After an ok month last month, this has to be a better one. We need a strong November to see us really grab a hold of the league. We feature in 3 competitions this month so will need to rotate the squad wisely and hope to get the right balance of results and fitness.

Danish Cup Third Round: Avarta vs Middelfart
View attachment 83900
Sissoko grabs his first goal for the club along with a thunderbolt from Zanotti for his first goal! Loanee Ayuk seems to be having better luck in front of goal than the struggling Jensen. On to the next round!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Randers
View attachment 83899
Considering Randers had just beaten Copenhagen, we had a man sent off for the last 30 minutes and we only scored one goal, I'd say this is a good result.

Champions League Group Stage: Middelfart vs Arsenal
View attachment 83898
We host group leaders Arsenal but home advantage counts for nothing as we get beaten again. Not much to say apart from the gulf in class is massive.

That result also means it is impossible for us to qualify meaning we have been knocked out. As expected, most would say.
View attachment 83897

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Midtjylland
View attachment 83896
A strange one as we get a quick fire double but then looked like we were the losing team. At least we get all the points!

Danish Superliga: AC Horsens vs Middelfart
View attachment 83895
Another game we should be winning easily. Sissoko adds to his tally with a flying volley from a cross. We looked like we would go on to score 5. How wrong could I be? Mervan Celik heads home from a corner and that is how the game played out. Sadly Paulissen gets a knock and will be out of action for a few weeks.

Champions League: Sporting vs Middelfart
View attachment 83894
We managed to hold them to a draw at home. They were out for revenge and battered us. I don't think we got a shot on target. It will be a looonngg time until we can compete confidently in Europe.

Monthly Review: Not a great month, feels like we are losing ground on Copenhagen and I think we are a couple of points behind now. The important thing is for us to beat the smaller teams, which we have struggled to do.

Player of the Month: I was not able to choose a winner last month but Sissoko showed why he was worth the risk. Two goals and some solid displays on the right wing. I hope to see more of the same!

UP. THE. FARTS!!!!​

Shaky couple of months there mate but with Europe out of the way I have confidence the boys can buckle down and try for back to back titles. Also, 178 travelling to Italy! What a turnout! :p

UP. THE. FARTS.

When you look objectively, we are looking quite good but with our high expectations I feel the same regarding the unstable results. Makes a huge improvement from the 10 away fans when we first started!

View attachment 83849View attachment 1127400

December
It has been a very odd start to the season. Usually I would be delighted to be in this position, and perhaps we are being a bit too hard on ourselves but I expect more. I think it's because the ability in the squad is there, they have what it takes to win. For the moment we should be ecstatic but I can't allow our ambition to be stifled.
Only a handful of games this month as we look to end the first half of the season undefeated and within reach of those bastards Copenhagen.

Danish Superliga: FC Nordsjaelland vs Middelfart
View attachment 83848
This is why I get frustrated. Nordsjaelland have struggled this year and this should have been 3 easy points, instead we lose Zanotti to a stupid second yellow and have to contain in order to get something from the game.

Champions League Group Stage: Middelfart vs Inter Milan
View attachment 83847
I am so ******* happy this competition is over. Sucks losing all the time haha

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Lyngby
View attachment 83846
In the coming weeks before the winter break I will be downing copious amounts of alcohol because of results like this. Going behind twice we needed Jensen to convert two penalties, we were very lucky to draw here.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Silkeborg
View attachment 83845
Finally a reason to celebrate! A convincing 3 goal win and it should have been more to be honest. Molberg is loving life at the moment and his celebrations have highlighted why he is a fan favourite (wheeling about like a nutter).

End of Year Awards
View attachment 83844
Absolute bullshit. How can I not have won this. A better win % than anyone in the league and taking little ol Middelfart to overthrow Copenhagen's reign. Wankers.

View attachment 83843
Molberg just plugs away and this time makes the Danish Team of the year! Jensen and Kabongo make the bench!

View attachment 83842
Molberg tacks up third place for Media Player of the Year. Not bad at all!

View attachment 83841
New boy Hojbjerg has made a good impact and comes in second behind Ronnow.

Transfer News:

View attachment 83839
Sadly our stalwart Casper Radza has decided to leave the club. He said he was ready for a new challenge and wanted trophies. He has been with us from the very start and is the last player of the original group. Sad times really.

On the flip side though, we have had yet another major coup! First we get Moussa Sissoko and he has done reasonably well, now I am delighted to introduce you our latest signing....... SHINJI KAGAWA!!!
The hugely experienced midfielder is looking for a new challenge and I hope that his flair, vision and technique will be a catalyst to goals
View attachment 83836

Monthly Review:

A disappointing month as we dropped 4 points in my eyes. It has not cost us too dearly yet as we are just 3 points behind Copenhagen. We are the only team to be undefeated still so I will try my utmost to keep that going!
View attachment 83834

Player of the Month: When any player makes it into the official Team of the Month it is easy to pick but we had 2 players this month! Our centre back pairing of Kabongo and Molberg have been solid as a rock. Molberg pips it for me as he offered more going forward and even got a goal. Well done Alexander lad.
View attachment 83835

UP. THE. FARTS!!!​

How the f@#k are you not manager of the year!? Biggest rort since....... i got nothing..... :p

Nice to see the players getting some recognition at least & Kagawa! What a coup! Time to shake off the frustration and put those Copenhagen bastards in their place!

View attachment 83833
International Duty

Well this is awkward. I am currently sat on a plane to Warsaw, to meet up with my new Poland squad. Most players have never heard of me and earn 4 times my wages. How the **** am I going to speak to them, let alone get them to play football??

I get one friendly game against Hungary to analyse the squad and then it is right into the qualification games for the Euros.
The friendly against Hungary ended in a draw but it was useful to see the team play and also get a closer look at the Hungarians whom we will face in the Qualifiers. My first game in charge is against Cyprus.

Euro Qualification: Poland vs Cyprus

View attachment 83832
As expected we hammered them, a nice way to start my career as an International manager. 3 of our star player scored and we looked good.

Euro Qualification: Luxembourg vs Poland
View attachment 83831
Another easy game where we should have won and thanks to Arkadiusz Milik's hat trick we got all 3 points.

View attachment 83830
With that hat trick Milik breaks Lewandowski's record of 49 goals! I have tried to get Lewa to reconsider his retirement from Poland but he is having none of it sadly.

Euro Qualification: Hungary vs Poland
View attachment 83829
A must win game to catch up with Hungary and we did. 3 goals see us secure 3 points and move up the table.

Euro Qualification: Poland vs Bosnia and Herzegovina
View attachment 83828
Hungary and Bosnia are our biggest competitors for the qualification spot behind Spain, so beating both of them has given us a big chance of securing that number 2 spot in the group. Milik adds another to his tally!

Euro Qualification: Spain vs Poland
View attachment 83827
So **** close to getting a win! We sat deep, caught them on the counter and Milik scores yet another goal. Spain needed a moment of magic and from a defending a corner, countered so quickly for Morata to score a beauty of a goal. A draw is good though, just hope Milik is not too badly injured!

Euro Qualification: Poland vs Luxembourg
View attachment 83826
4-0 up at half time, kept pushing for 5 but it never came. Still a win though.

That win takes us above Hungary on goal difference and only 6 points behind Spain but that's all we needed! We have done it!
View attachment 83825

View attachment 83824

View attachment 83822

The FA are happy and so am I, undefeated in both the domestic league with my club and now also on an international stage.

The groups have been drawn for the World Cup qualifiers and we have a tough one. Italy are stern favourites but Serbia will offer stiff competition for us.
View attachment 83821

I need a catch phrase for Poland, kind of like the ' UP. THE. FARTS'

Any ideas?​

Winter

View attachment 83748

The wind is battering my door and the snow is falling relentlessly. This is why we have a winter break in Denmark. No one would be able to train or even get a pitch that would be playable!

So I get a few weeks 'off' to reflect and plan. In reality I am still ******* fuming about not winning the Manager of the Year award. Most of my days revolve around a walking rant about all the injustices I have faced. I am not one to hold a grudge....

Anyway, the season is at a halfway point. We are undefeated and only a few points of Copenhagen. Usually this would fill me with glee but our standards have risen along with the expectation. I am disappointed with the amount of dropped points and some of our players not showing full commitment to the team.

Colins Tanor and Gail Rutikanga have been sold. Leaving a midfield pretty much unaffected as we have Madsen, Hansen, Andersen, Sissoko, Kagawa and Zanotti who can all play in the centre. In the defence we have looked really solid with Molberg and Kabongo commanding games. At the fullback position Ipoua has been an ever-present and played phenomenally. On the opposite flank Mads Pedersen has been really solid, whipping in crosses and generally being a nuisance.

The main area of concern is the striker position. Troels Jensen has been imperious but not as prolific as I would have liked, apart from that between Ayuk, Thychosen and Gonzalez there is not enough happening in front of goal.

In the coming months there is some time to manoeuvre a transfer or two although we have a limited budget for both transfers and wages. We need to sign a new keeper to replace the outgoing Radza. Luckily Hojbjerg has been solid so no worries for our starting choice keeper.

Now I need to plan the remainder of the fixtures and see if we can hold onto this undefeated title and more importantly overtake Copenhagen again!

continues to be great to follow, hoping you can get the title sewn up!