Middelfart - let's not follow through

View attachment 86832View attachment 1124011

European Daydreams!
In recent weeks fans still can not wrap their heads around the fact that Middelfart have a chance of qualifying for the European Cup. In an unbelievable progression, the Danish minnows have leapt through the leagues and now are competing on 3 fronts; the Superliga, Danish Cup and the Euro Cup.

Let's see how far we can take this little club!

EURO Cup 2nd Qual Round: Middelfart vs Vaduz
View attachment 86830
Well this is good! Our first ever taste of European football sees us take on Swiss side Vaduz. We scored all the goals including theirs. A fantastic performance that sets up a good chance in the second leg for us to progress.

Danish Superliga: Lyngby vs Middelfart
View attachment 86829
Our first game in the new season of the Superliga. A poor show really where we should have put the game to bed. Just not clinical enough and we settle for a share of the points.

EURO Cup 2nd Qual Round: Vaduz vs Middelfart
View attachment 86827
Yes lads!! A solid performance sees us go through to the next round! 5-2 on aggregate and we looked good value for it!

Round 3 is drawn and we get Israeli side Hapoel Be'er-Sheva. I don't know what to expect really but I think that we will have a chance if we continue to control the game as we have been.
View attachment 86825

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs OB
View attachment 86824
Back to the league for our local derby against OB. Sadly we get nothing and again we should have made our chances count. Our new striker, Mads Thychosen is not firing yet and I am starting to worry that this may turn into a drought.

EURO Cup 3rd Round: Middelfart vs Hapeol Be'er-sheva
View attachment 86822
We ****** love European football! Another dominant performance and it seems to me the lads have not woken up in the league yet, at least they are performing in Europe! Andersen scored a worldie again and both our new signings scored. Finally Thychosen is off the mark!

Monthly Review: In the years ahead, this month will stand out as a great one for me. We have outperformed our competitors in Europe and I am confident of reaching the knockout phases. A slow start in the league but no defeats yet.

Player of the Month: Surprisingly the stand out performer was Kevin Vermeulen. He controlled the games well from AMC and chipped in with a couple of assists and a goal!

UP. THE. FARTS!​

View attachment 86741View attachment 1124109

Agonising August
I would not normally be so negative at the start of a month but the sheer amount of fixtures this month calls for us to split the month's reports. This is the first half featuring European games and Danish Superliga games too.
We have 9 games this month, 9! Let's crack on then.

Danish Superliga: FC Copenhagen vs Middelfart
View attachment 86740
Unreal! We beat them for the first time ever last season, this time we show up to Telia Parken and take a big ol' **** in the middle of their field. Thychosen is quickly becoming a fan favourite and there is no wonder why. A goal against the biggest team in the country sees us take all 3 points after some seriously good defending.

EURO Cup 3rd Round: Hapoel Be'er-Sheva vs Middelfart
View attachment 86739
With a 3-0 lead we felt comfortable coming into this one. Although we lost on the day we have moved on to the next round and will face a German Giant.

View attachment 86738

That's right sports fans, we have drawn Shalke. In a matter of weeks we will be playing at the famous VELTINS-Arena and I hope the 20 odd faithful away fans, the Ultrafarts, will be as raucous as possible in the 62,271 capacity stadium.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Randers FC
View attachment 86735
Back in action in the league, we face Randers who gave us a tough time last year. I think we drew both games and it was more of the same. Vermeulen scored a contender for goal of the season to get us started before we conceded in the 2nd half.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Esbjerg FB
View attachment 86734
Wow, what a performance for Thychosen! A hat-trick on top of Vossebelt's first goal for the club sees us edge out Esbjerg in this goal fest. Fans have taken to calling Mads Dohr 'Thychosen One'.

Mid month review: Undefeated and through to the next round of the Euro cup, whilst beating Copenhagen in their own back yard. A great month so far.

Player of the month (so far): Has to be Thychosen One! 4 goals in as many games!

UP. THE. FARTS!!​

View attachment 86679View attachment 1124177
Agonising August? (Part 2)
I can't remember when we last had so many games in a month, it must be a first. The first half went near perfect, we can only hope it carries on for the remainder.

Danish Superliga: AGF vs Middelfart
View attachment 86678
With one eye on the Schalke game, we field a second team and play 4-4-2 instead of our preferred 4-2-3-1 this season. Rather surprisingly Boesen scores a double. He is not really good enough for this level and has been found out a bit but I like the guy. I like him even more now!

View attachment 86677
The performance in the last week was so good that nearly half the team of the week consisted of Middelfart players!

EURO Cup Playoff: Schalke vs Middelfart
View attachment 86676
This was the biggest game of my career. We face German giants. This is our first real test to compare how we are progressing as a club against a team that I have actually heard of and know a bit about. Yes we have Copenhagen but this is different. It looked like we were going to be beaten heavily after an early penalty was given against us, then we only ****** went on to score twice and take the lead! As I was changing tactics to contan, Fabian Reese scored for them and heartbreak was again on the cards as Max Meyer scored a late winner. At least we take away goals into the next leg.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Hobro IK
View attachment 86675
4 days later, our second side take on Hobro who are in second. Tanor scores a screamer to open the game up. Hobro pin us back and then take the lead for their own, luckily our resident Englishman Jake Bruce scored an equaliser!
We held on for a point even after Hojer got an early bath.

View attachment 86674

Before the return leg vs Schalke I get this little email from my PA. 200 games already! It seems like less but it has flown in!

EURO Cup Playoff: Middelfart vs Schalke
View attachment 86673
Oh football is a cruel, cruel game! Not only did we take the lead twice, which would have seen us through to the next round, but we looked good value for it too! Simply the quality of Schalke shone through. Konoplyanka was linked with Liverpool all those years ago and former Spurs player Bentaleb scored their late, late goal. A brave display from the lads though!

Danish Superliga: Silkeborg vs Middelfart
View attachment 86672
The second team take to the field and the fatigue in the squad is clear. Boesen scores yet another goal and it looked like we were going to get those expected 3 points until their star man Rubin ruined our parade and stole the points.

Danish Cup 2nd Round: AC Horsens vs Middelfart
View attachment 86671
The final game of this loooonggg month sees us take on First Division side Horsens. Thychosen one takes us to the next round thanks to his opening goal before more pressure sees us grab a second through and own goal.

Monthly Review: Well this was lovely, the long month has meant we have had one of the most successful spells in the clubs history. Doing well in the league, falling just short against huge favourites Schalke and progressing into the next round of the Cup.

Player of the Month: No need to pick one. Thychosen One is killing it!
View attachment 86670

UP. THE. FARTS!!​

Ahh man. Heart breaking loss to Schalke but real evidence of how far you've come, keep it up.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!!

Ahh man. Heart breaking loss to Schalke but real evidence of how far you've come, keep it up.

UP. THE. FARTS!!!!

Thanks man! Yeah it is great to see the progress against a side we know more about. Just hope we can keep it up and maybe beat them next time!

View attachment 86597View attachment 1124283

Super September?
Just before the transfer window shut we were able to bring in 2 more players to provide some cover for the first team. First up is Jakup Thomsen who has been on my radar for a while but we have not had the money to pay him.
View attachment 86596
He has the finishing and physical stats to worry most defences and we hope he does exactly that!

Secondly, Jimmi Syppil comes in to add depth and also to potentially stake a claim for the future.
View attachment 86593

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AAB
View attachment 86592
A wonderful debut for Thomsen as he scores early on! Travljanin and Molberg complete a solid performance against the strong AAB outfit.

Danish Superliga: Viborg FF vs Middelfart
View attachment 86591
Thomsen makes it 2 goals in 2 games and is looking to be a wonderful free signing. Thychosen One gets on the score sheet and is proving to be our signing of the season! Another 3 points secured!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Brondby
View attachment 86590
Thomsen does it again! This time we concede and are unable to get the breakthrough. We were all over Brondby and will be disappointed that we did not get anymore from this game.

Danish Superliga: Sonderjyske vs Middelfart
View attachment 86589
Not much to say here, we only manage a listless draw. Another disappointing game where we should have had more.

Monthly Review:
View attachment 86587
Looking good early on this season with Copenhagen steaming ahead already. Unless they slip up, we won't catch them so second or there about would be perfect!

Player of the Month: In the short time he has been here, Thomsen has settled in quickly whilst chipping in with goals. Just what we want to see!

UP. THE. FARTS!​

View attachment 86516View attachment 1124374

October
We have been doing really well and despite our success last year have been tipped for relegation. We are fighting against all the odds as we have done over the last 4 years. The focus is to catch Copenhagen and finish in the top 4!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Lyngby
View attachment 86515
We have always struggled against Lyngby and this was no different. Thomsen added another goal to his tally but we couldn't keep them out and had to settle for the share of points.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Nordsjaelland
View attachment 86514
Oddly we went into this game as favourites, which is a compliment on our progression as a club. Thychosen One is really stepping up and scored yet again. Sanchez scored just before half time and we just couldn't get the winner.

Danish Superliga: OB vs Middelfart
View attachment 86513
Facing up against our local rivals OB, who offered me a job interview again in recent weeks! I said no and then Tanor smashed in a long ranger to win in their own backyard. Get in!

Danish Cup 3rd Round: Kjellerup vs Middelfart
View attachment 86512
A good, professional performance sees us win 4-1 despite Vermeulen grabbing two yellow cards in as many minutes.
Onto the next round!

Danish Superliga: Randers FC vs Middelfart
View attachment 86511
Randers have been underperforming this year but they do love beating us. No matter what I try, we just can't catch a break. Oh well.

Monthly Review: Over a third of the way through and we are 3rd. within reach of 2nd but probably too far behind 1st. We look good! Just need to win more and not draw as many!
View attachment 86509

Player of the Month: Quickly becoming my favourite player, Thychosen One is at it again. I mean look at these stats so far this season!
View attachment 86508

UP. THE. FARTS!!​

Last edited:
View attachment 86306View attachment 1124608
Naughty November
Well, well, well. We come up against our newly made rivals in Copenhagen. The rivalry has been growing over the past few years but after the dramatic Cup Final last year, there is even more hostility from the Ultrafarts. A home fixture has made the headlines for weeks and the TV cameras are here for the game so let's do this.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs FC Copenhagen
View attachment 86301
This is what football is all about. I know we beat them last year but they have yet again strengthened their squad and look unreal this year. Johansson bagged their opener and I thought we were going to get pummelled but to my delight, the boys rallied around and were very competitive. Solid defence and a slight tactical change meant that Vermeulen scored a dramatic late goal to get us a credible draw.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs AGF
View attachment 86300
Kasper Junker is in contention for player of the year and he got them off the mark in the second half. We looked condemned to a defeat after Hvidt scored 10 minutes later and then the magic happened. A change to 4-4-2 and some key substitutes saw as score twice in 3 minutes to pull level! Definitely a point saved here as we probably deserved to lose.

Danish Superliga: Esbjerg FB vs Middelfart
View attachment 86299
Chalk and cheese this game. Thyschosen scored 2 lovely goals and Sorensen chipped in a penalty. Unfortunate to concede late on but 3 points was needed and we got them.

Monthly review: Another undefeated month, sadly too many draws though. Only 5 points from a possible 9 sees us losing ground on both Copenhagen and Brondby. We need a good streak to stabilise our position for the season.
View attachment 86296
We only need a few wins to get to 2nd so I hope we can do that before the winter break. Only 3 games in December so let's go for 9 points!

Player of the Month: Victor Anker was signed as a back up goalkeeper but his performances this year have led to him being the first choice. Radza has not been anywhere near as good this year and Anker is training really well. He is my player of the month due to his attitude and work at training and performing in games.

UP. THE. FARTS!

View attachment 86273View attachment 1124643
Decent December?
The final push is on, we only have 3 games left before the winter break. I think if we get all 3 wins then we will look good for a top 3 finish come the end of the season.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Silkeborg
View attachment 86271
A very solid performance in a game we were favourites. After Hansen smashed in a long range effort, the game was about containing as Vossebelt saw red. We stayed strong and got the 3 points.

Danish Superliga: Hobro IK vs Middelfart
View attachment 86272
An eventful game which saw a lot of fouls in this hotly contested fixture. With only a few points separating the two teams this was seen as a 6 pointer. A win means we open the gap and close down Brondby. Rotational players Sorensen and Simonsen pitched in and we looked good for it.

Danish Superliga: AAB vs Middelfart
View attachment 86270
AAB have always been a team that we tend to struggle against. This time around we looked dominant and saw the game out in classy fashion. Thychosen gets yet another goal and I am sure he has already scored more goals than our leading goalscorer last season Leon Nzoko.

Monthly Review: A perfect month sees us skip into 2nd place! Unreal considering we have been underestimated to finish in the relegation zone! They may as well hand over the trophy to Copenhagen now, with an 11 point lead it is going to take a miracle for us to win against a team that has dropped points on just 5 occasions.
View attachment 86269

Further evidence to show just how good Thychosen has been this season. He is a machine.
View attachment 86268

In other news, I got runner up in the Danish Manager of the Year but beat the Copenhagen boss Solbakken!
View attachment 86267

One of our players also got an award, Radza gets runner up Goalkeeper of the Year with his impressive performances during last year!
View attachment 86266

Player of the Month: I am really not sure about this, usually it is quite easy but I think Casper Lind at right back has done a great job against some good wingers. He gets my vote.

Onwards to the new year and the possibility of making the Champion's League places!

UP. THE. FARTS!​

View attachment 86210

Middelfart boss to England?
Although the winter may be cold and dark, the latest news from England is sure to get some Middelfart fans warmed up. Reports from various clubs in the Sky Bet Championship have reportedly contacted van der Westhuizen to invite him for an interview.

On a weekly basis there seems to be a new club being linked with the popular manager, who has achieved what many have said is unthinkable given the size and stature of Middelfart.

Hull, Swansea, QPR, Birmingham and Wigan have all offered van der Westhuizen an interview or have been linked with the Middelfart boss. In the coming weeks there are many that will be keeping an eye on the situation as speculation mounts given that van der Westhuizen's contract expires at the end of the season.

The question is being asked already, is it time for the promising manager to move on or is there more success to be had at Middelfart?​

View attachment 86209View attachment 1124710

February/March
Yes! Winter is over and we have football back! This winter was tough, I am not going to lie. The last time I had to reject so many opportunities was when I was on Tinder in Middelfart. My reputation is growing in England and Championship clubs are desperate to have me move. As appealing as a huge club, with near unlimited resources and fans, it will not replace what I have built here. If I jump ship now I will always regret not finding out if I could dethrone Copenhagen. So I signed a new 2 year deal, got facilities upgraded again and got some more money in the transfer and wage kitty. Ready for the second stage of the season!

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Viborg
View attachment 86208
After a mixed training camp in Algarve, we returned to one friendly which we drew against feeder club Naesby. Our first league game was up against bottom side Viborg. We looked a bit lethargic and needed a spark. Eventually Maehle broke through and gave us the lead, it only lasted for a minute until they scored. A disappointing draw where we should have won.

Danish Superliga: Middelfart vs Sonderjyske
View attachment 86204
Still not quite up to speed as we laboured to a marginal victory. Bad news as Hansen picks up an injury.

Danish Superliga: Brondby vs Middelfart
View attachment 86203
Ouch. An away loss to our main competitors in the league is not good. We still do not look like we are back off holiday yet.

Danish Superliga: FC Nordsjaelland vs Middelfart
View attachment 86202
A dramatic game that came to life in the second half. Maehle scores again just before half time and after going level, Thomsen chipped in with a goal of his own. He needs to be scoring more if he wants to stay at the club. Kevin Mayi scored for Nordsjaelland to make the home fans go mad, an enthralling game.

Danish Cup 4th Round: Middelfart vs FC Copenhagen
View attachment 86201
A rematch of last year's cup final. Sadly we were blown away, the quality was just too much. Cornelius has already scored 33 goals with today's included. Between him and Djurdjevic they are smashing it and we are out of the cup. Sad times really.

Monthly review: A disappointing month really as we were slow out the blocks. That momentum came to a head in the last game where we were run ragged and looked awful. Hoping to get out of this funk so that we can secure a better finish than last season.

Player of the Month: It is not often a player moans about their playing time and when given the opportunity, they thrive. Joakim Maehle has done just that. Probably our most consistent performer this month and by adding a couple of goals, he looks to have repaid my faith in him.

UP. THE. FARTS!!

Fair do's :)

When (not if!) you manage it, what then? Will you stick around and aim for European progression, or will you move on? And if you move on... will you be changing the thread title!?!?!

Fair do's :)

When (not if!) you manage it, what then? Will you stick around and aim for European progression, or will you move on? And if you move on... will you be changing the thread title!?!?!

Not really thought that far ahead if I am honest. Depending how long it takes to get the title I suppose. Perhaps look for a Euro Cup win. I reckon I will just end the story there and if I move clubs within the save, I will start a new thread if people want to follow.

View attachment 86169View attachment 1124756
April
With just a few games in the Champions Group to decide the final 6 positions in the league. Copenhagen have all but wrapped up the title and we are desperate to secure second so that we can mount a more serious challenge next season.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Middlfart vs FC Nordsjaelland
View attachment 86168
He was seen as a liability but Thomsen has stepped up lately. He scores our first of two first half goals and we see the game out to secure the 3 points.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Brondby vs Middelfart
View attachment 86167
What a comeback! Brondby have been neck and neck with us for second place and this game was important. 2-1 down at half time we went with a different approach tactically and I brought on Thomsen. 3-2 for the win! Get in!

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Middelfart vs Silkeborg
View attachment 86166
Our easiest game in comparison with the rest, Thomsen carries on his goal scoring form and has taken the shine off Thychosen as he has struggled for another goal. 2 goals is enough to secure the win.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Copenhagen vs Middelfart
View attachment 86165
Not much to say here but we held the relentless Cornelius and Djurdjevic at bay. A point is better than none!

Danish Superliga Champions Group: FC Nordsjaelland vs Middelfart
View attachment 86164
Another impressive win and we beat them 2-0 for the second time in a month. This time around, Thychosen bags a goal to end his drought! Vossebelt scores a belter that gets goal of the week!

Monthly Review:
View attachment 86160Not a bad month at all. We opened a gap on Borndby but as expected Copenhagen secure yet another league title.
A super month sees Kabongo and Andersen make the Team of the Month for the league. View attachment 86161Copenhagen have secured their 7th straight title and are truly the dominant force in the country. Next season is going to be tough, but with the right additions we may be able to contest and give them a bit more of a go of things.
View attachment 86163

Player of the Month: Got to be Thomsen. He has been criticised for his lack of goals and 3 goals as a sub see him lead the way for me.

UP. THE. FARTS!!​

Copenhagen just too good mate, at least this year anyway. The farts have definitely made some noise and turned a few heads though I'm sure...... :p

Copenhagen just too good mate, at least this year anyway. The farts have definitely made some noise and turned a few heads though I'm sure...... :p

Love the puns! We did indeed make some noise and showed we weren't as **** as people thought. Our fans have been gassed up about this season and will be browning out any nay-sayers for our title hopes next year!

View attachment 86074View attachment 1124854
The run in
Only a few more games left to secure 2nd place and start working on the next season. It has been yet another incredible season, we have drawn a few more games than last year but our points tally is set to be a record high although we have not won as many games. Let's get this season done with so that we can hunt down Copenhagen.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Middelfart vs Lyngby
View attachment 86073
The next game sees us take on Lyngby and we sorted the result by half time. A dominant 2-0 lead was all we needed and we saw the remainder of the game out in a very professional fashion, never looking like we were going to concede.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Middelfart vs Brondby
View attachment 86072
With one eye on the summer holidays, second place confirmed and the ***** weather to boot, we didn't really look like turning Brondby over in this fixture. It wasn't an awful performance but we looked ok for the most part.

In other news, our second team has won their first trophy! It is proof that our depth is improving in quality and the improvements to the facilities is paying off.
View attachment 86070

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Silkeborg IF vs Middelfart
View attachment 86069
It is games like this that make me hopeful of a manager of the year award. I brought on Jake Bruce as a super sub, changed our instructios to play wider and look to whip crosses and it worked. A late winner sees us steal 3 points.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Lyngby vs Middelfart
View attachment 86068
I can't explain these games. We change very little in terms of tactics and we blow away Lyngby with 4 goals after going behind. Thomsen adds to his tally and I hope has convinced the board that he is worth the money we spent on him.

Danish Superliga Champions Group: Middelfart vs Copenhagen
View attachment 86067
Last game of the season sees us up against Copenhagen yet again. Our main competitors just have so much quality that we struggled to stay competitive. Djurdjevic scores against us yet again. We will need to shut him down better next year.

Monthly Review: By this stage of the season it is easy to lose focus, we were competitive but eased off a bit seeing as we cemented our position already and there was little else to play for. A good month indeed and we were in the zone for most of the time. Andersen was in the zone and the youngster made the Team of the Month. He is therefore my Player of the Month.
View attachment 86066

End of Season Review: Often my favourite time of the season as we overachieve. No difference on this occasion as we start with the end of season awards. Alexander Molberg is a real crowd favourite and with his third consecutive Player of the Season award, he has become a leader amongst men. My vote would have gone to Thychosen, but it's not all about me!
View attachment 86065

The press have been really surprised with our fortunes this season and we have gained a lot of support and applause due to our never say die attitude. A top two finish was an amazing achievement considering the scale of the club.
View attachment 86064
In the season's official review we were selected as the 'biggest overachievers' a very nice title to possess. We will look to overachieve yet again next year and hopefully dethrone Copenhagen.
View attachment 86063

Onwards and upwards for the Farts as we look to topple the Copenhagen hold on the country. Champions League is a possibility for us next year too!

Exciting times!
UP! THE! FARTS!!​

I'm confused. It says you were runners-up in the league, but then in the "Biggest Overachievers" bit it says you finished 3rd...?

Either way, fine job and I look foward to following your attempts to Fart your way past Kobenhavn!