Might and Magic™ by Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 610
  • Views Views 385K
Ok so so finished my first season and i have to say im pleased how it went despite the fact i could have finished top easily but i sgined a few players and this disrupted harmony around xmas time turned it around towards the end and made the playoffs, wont be heartbroken if i dont make the prem this year as i would be happy to build on my squad and go up stronger next time,good solid tactic again from raikan007.

I made one or 2 changes from the origanal and i urdge anyone struggling to try out a few ideas/tweaks i set the following on my game

Lcm-changed metality to attacking and not to hold up the ball,through balls to often,run from deep sometimes.
Rcm- changed to ball winner hard tackling,limited creativity,through balls sometimes, so now he basicly tries to break up play before passing to a wide player or his mate in cm, i also set his passing to mixed so he doesnt play too 1 dimensional.
AMR/l-set both to through balls often and cross often, default is left winger crosses sometimes.
Poacher-set his crossing to sometimes and cross aim centre,as sometimes i found him to get to the byline then blast it into the side netting , now ocasionaly he will check back and play a square ball to anyone arriving late in the box

View attachment 202193

All in all good tactic from a guy willing to help anyone with thier problems were most uploaders simply say "well buy the right players/you must suck then"

But for me out of the box these tactics dont always give perfection on fm11 i went on a 70 match unbeaten run using raikans tactics ,achieving total domination of the premiership and europe over a 7 year period i only got this with an awesome tactic good players and tweaks each year to fit the players i brought in.

Looking forward to next season will post feedback re- playoffs soon as.

Well lost in the play off semi`s to birmingham 1-0 in the second leg, not disapointed with the season as a whole though and with a few signings in the right areas can hopefully win the league 2nd time around

Started with Spurs using this tact, lots of goals but leaking a lot as well. Hopefully it will disappear after I get more familiar with the tactic. Conceded 8 in 4.

I upped the tempo and dropped the d-line to one click from deep. Seemed to keep possession better and I've stopped leaking goals from open play and having match prep to defending set pieces helped.

Just beat Chelsea 5-0 at Old Trafford (felt like last years El Classico). Rooney hat-trick and Anderson brace. 71% possession.
(Chelsea were the team to beat for the first 2 seasons. Torres and Mata just destroyed everything).

Keep having teams play 4-5-1 against me flat 5 accross the middle,causing some problems for me so far.

all tactics have the same problem, its a crowded midfield! try and play down both flanks and alot quicker using shouts like: exploit flanks, pass into space, get ball forward, overlapping runs, run at defence :)

Not having ANY luck with this in the 2nd Spanish Division, unfortunately. Score 1 goal per game at most, more often zero. Concede 3 goals at least, usually 4. I've dropped the advanced striker back to the middle, changed his PI to defensive, dropped the entire defensive line back. Nothing. My players are all 3 1/2 stars or more (which is good for 2nd Spanish Division) but no matter what, I can't score and I can't stop conceding
sad.gif

Thanks anyways. Looks like a good tactic and I'm glad it's working for some, but it's not a sure-fire winner.

cheers mate, sorry it is not working for you!

I upped the tempo and dropped the d-line to one click from deep. Seemed to keep possession better and I've stopped leaking goals from open play and having match prep to defending set pieces helped.

Just beat Chelsea 5-0 at Old Trafford (felt like last years El Classico). Rooney hat-trick and Anderson brace. 71% possession.
(Chelsea were the team to beat for the first 2 seasons. Torres and Mata just destroyed everything).

Looks interesting, can you show us some screens of more games and results after modifing this? Cos this tactic needs a lil more possession. Cheers!

Three home losses (Arsenal, Blackburn and Sunderland) on the bounce. Had 60%+ possession but just did nothing with it, can't get shots away even though I'm statistically dominating the other team. What can I do to 'make possession into chances/goals' and how can I stop Blackburn getting 15 shots away in my ******* box?!?!

change the tactic for a while! do you have more than 1 you use?

I use 3, the two from this thread, and your short and sweet.

I need 3 formations that utilise atleast a ST and CAM. Rooney and Hernandez are too brutal together to only play one.

Noticed im getting a lot fo chances just not putting them away and sometimes my players seem to dally on the ball and pass meaninglessly to each other over and over again,started a new save since i didnt add enough leagues to my prior one, could my problems just be team gelling? im only on my second game so far so will give it some time.

haha, nice, ******* has a great shot on him! 6 ccc's away from home vs Lyon is not bad at all! well done! how is the rest of your season going? do you use this tactic all the time? home and away etc?

I have been using it home and away, as I hadn't seen you had an away tactic. Think this is why I was a little below par in the league. Will start using away tactic as well and hopefully will start to climb the table a little!!

Noticed im getting a lot fo chances just not putting them away and sometimes my players seem to dally on the ball and pass meaninglessly to each other over and over again,started a new save since i didnt add enough leagues to my prior one, could my problems just be team gelling? im only on my second game so far so will give it some time.
hey mate, just increase the tempo and switch to a more direct passing game! good luck :)

I am so impressed with this tactic that I finished 3 seasons with the team from my country and city (F.C. Otelul Galati from Romania) and I want to share the tables and the results from all these 3 seasons with you. So here it goes...

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

My version of the game is 0.2 and I used the tactic Raikan used with QPR with some modifications at defensive corner set pieces after some other guy recomands in this thread. I am still looking for a way to score from corners cos I liked a tactic back in FM10 which I found here where my DCs were goalgetters and every corner was like a penalty. But still this is a good tactic and the pics speak for itselves. Cheers!

sorry but what is the point of controling a very good team like manutd which is media predicted 1st or 2nd to show a formation is good and not controling a media predicted team 10th to reach the best 3 teams...
common sense..
i like your away formation thought i ll try it when it will be full fluid

Last edited:
ypatios, mate, as you can see in my previous post I won 3 times First League in Romania, which is a low ranking league, with Otelul Galati, which has media prediction to obtain 10-11th position. Just try it with a low ranking team in a low ranking league with low ranking players, ofc, and you'll see it's ok. Cheers!

sorry but what is the point of controling a very good team like manutd which is media predicted 1st or 2nd to show a formation is good and not controling a media predicted team 10th to reach the best 3 teams...
common sense..
i like your away formation thought i ll try it when it will be full fluid
hi there, I assume you did not even take the time to read the OP correct? if you did you would have seen some of these?

Az: Predicted 6th or 7th (cant remember)
198762d1319195204-might-magic%99-raikan007-az-alkmaar-fixtures_-fixtures-.png

198763d1319195209-might-magic%99-raikan007-eredivisie-overview_-stages-.png

Napoli: 5th or 6th:

198822d1319196005-might-magic%99-raikan007-serie-overview_-stages-.png

QPR: Probaly around 17th or so, maybe 16th?

199344d1319550699-might-magic%99-raikan007-queens-park-rangers-fixtures_-fixtures-.png

199347d1319550720-might-magic%99-raikan007-english-premier-division-overview_-stages-.png

hi raikan, is it a must everytime play away to use the away tactic??

sorry my bad english:)

Back