Might and Magic™ by Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 610
  • Views Views 385K
Hey Raikan, been using this tactic with my AFC Wimbledon save and its been very good so far. I'm currently third in the league (automatic promotion) with six games to go. It's going to be a close call and i pretty much need to win the rest of my games, but i am hopeful. I also had some great results along the way, winning the J P Trophy and beating Cardiff away in the League cup. I'll try to upload some screenshoots of my season and some players later on. Thanks again for a very good tactic!

Great tactic Raikan, had been absolutely dominating with my Liverpool side pre-12.0.4 update, but results have really dropped off since updating, might be coincidence, but wasn't sure if you or anyone else had experienced anything similar since the update?

Alright, a quick update. I managed to finish the season in third place (media prediction 15th). It was pretty tight but i managed to do it even though i couldnt keep up with the powerhouse of this division Swindon.
View attachment 202835

View attachment 202836

Defensively this is a very sound tactic as you can see, i conceded the least amount of goals in the league, but my goals scored could have been better. I had some really impressive results along the way.

Cardiff away in the League Cup
View attachment 202837

Charlton Away in the Semi-final 2nd leg of JP Trophy
View attachment 202838

My best player was probably Pablo Counago, but some mention needs to go to Midson who kept the goals coming until i signed Jamil Adams in January. Also, my two central defenders did pretty well, Dave Winfield and Robertino Rafaela. I also managed to pick up Danny Drinkwater from Liverpool for free in January and i am hoping he will develop well next season.

View attachment 202842

View attachment 202840

So its pretty clear that this tactic will work for lower level teams as well, i think its a very stable tactic, you probably wont score loads of goals but you also wont concede too many, and i have seen some really nice football played along the way.

Thanks again Raikan, will update again when i have played abit next season in League 1, reckon it will be a struggle.:O

Last edited:
Very impressive tactic. Whenever a new FM comes out I tend to check out other peoples tactics, see how they play, why they play like they do etc and then try and use what i've learned to build a tactic that works for my team, but incorporates the good things I want from other tactics.

I've seen a few so far that people rave about, but this is the first that I would rave about. Without being fully familiar, I'm having not only good results, but playing good football attacking, and most importantly, the match engine doesn't look like I could conceded at any time (good levels of closing down without being sloppy, nice and tight down the wings).

I also like tactics that encorporate some slider changes, but some shouts, so that you can still easily tweak certain aspects with shouts, whilst safe in the knowledge nothing drastic has changed with your sliders that you might not appreciate!

Great work!

Last edited:
raikan help me with your tactic....i use your tactic with juventus... with little modification 2 mc i change pirlo to dmc (deep lying playmaker-support) and striker i use matri the poacher....deep lying forward i change to mc with marchisio.....this not work with juventus....am i wrong????winger is krasis and vucinic.....team instruction i don change.....thank u raikan with my english so bad

Hello again, i've been away for a while, so coudlnt post any update on my results.

In my third season with Swansea i've won the EPL, reached CL final (got beaten by Real, but it happens when u play 9 vs 11 ;)). Now in my 4th season, after 9 games im on top of the League with 9 wins and only 2 goals conceded.

And fun fact: i know it's not a possesion tactic, but in the CL semi-final, at home, playing against Barcelona i had 65% :)

Hi Raikan, would just like to praise this tactic! It is fantastic. I started a new save with Liverpool, signed Cavani who I play up top with Suarez. They are scoring goals for fun! Cavani has 31 in the league with 15 assists. And Suarez has 36 goals, a new prem record!

I have had some brilliant results in the league, by beating Sunderland 8-1 away, Chelsea 4-1 away, city 4-0 home, Bolton 6-0 at home. Have scored 91 and conceded 34. Scored plenty more than the teams around me.
Still have 6 games left but am top of the league and it's looking like I will remain top.

Hello guys. I have just checked this post and I would like to try this tactic which seems to work very well. However I couldn't find a ddl link. Would you have one ?

On the first post, click on the big red Might and Magic™

hi 1233 could i ask are u change the raikan tactic with juventus??? I also use the juventus,but inter is so strong,no pocession,shot on goal under 10.....my i ask your line up and player instruction with juventus team...thanks very much

Very impressive tactic. Whenever a new FM comes out I tend to check out other peoples tactics, see how they play, why they play like they do etc and then try and use what i've learned to build a tactic that works for my team, but incorporates the good things I want from other tactics.

I've seen a few so far that people rave about, but this is the first that I would rave about. Without being fully familiar, I'm having not only good results, but playing good football attacking, and most importantly, the match engine doesn't look like I could conceded at any time (good levels of closing down without being sloppy, nice and tight down the wings).

I also like tactics that encorporate some slider changes, but some shouts, so that you can still easily tweak certain aspects with shouts, whilst safe in the knowledge nothing drastic has changed with your sliders that you might not appreciate!

Great work!
thank you for your great feedback! I hope you can use some of the things I have here for your own tactics :) please feel free to use whatever you want :)

Great tactic Raikan, had been absolutely dominating with my Liverpool side pre-12.0.4 update, but results have really dropped off since updating, might be coincidence, but wasn't sure if you or anyone else had experienced anything similar since the update?
cheers mate! glad its working well! I am not sure to be honest! I would just make a slider change here and there :)

raikan help me with your tactic....i use your tactic with juventus... with little modification 2 mc i change pirlo to dmc (deep lying playmaker-support) and striker i use matri the poacher....deep lying forward i change to mc with marchisio.....this not work with juventus....am i wrong????winger is krasis and vucinic.....team instruction i don change.....thank u raikan with my english so bad
leave the tactic as is, put Matri as the Poacher and Del Piero as Dlf or even Vucinic! :) you English is fine mate!

Back