The corner set pieces where the short option is always completed is absolutely dreadful on this (one of the only gripes i have about this tactic). Near Post corners are a lot more effective.

I have some problems, such as:
1. Now, I have Might and Magic- by Raikan007 (AFC Wimbledon, Aug 2011) version and one from link above. Which is the better?
2. there is a difference: AFC Wimbledon with STL as playermaker but away_counter complete with MCL as playmaker, I can untick playmaker (don't use playmaker), is it ok?
3. And with only one tactic (away_counter complete) I can use for home as well as away?
1) which ever one works the best for your team mate :) who are you managing?
2) untick playmaker for lower league teams
3) it depends on your team, league, opponents etc :) try them both home and away a couple of games each, you might find that the counter/away tactic works the best for both home and away :)

hi raikan, i want to ask are u have suggestion for good mcr for your tactic might and magic tm?vidal is good ball winning,but marchisio is not good,pirlo is too old and not suitable with your tactic.I want to buy tony kross but price is to expensive about 40 M cash,do you have good and great mcr around 10 - 15 M?one more about del piero is deep lying forward (playmaker) support poacher matri,but piero is too old,do you have suggest good player like piero around 10 - 15 M?juve don,t have any money like shaik mansur mancherter city is too easy want to buy the best player...thank you raikan

Kroos wont fit in, he is not good enough defensively!

I would look at players like:

Kwadwo Asamoah - Udinese
Andre Ayew - OM
Javi Martinez - Athletic
Ruben Yttergard Jennsen - Tromso
Yann M'Vila - Stade Rennais
Mourane Fellaini - Everton
Jack Rodwell - Everton

Guiseppe Rossi - Villareal
Mounir El Hamdoui - Ajax
Luuk De Jong - Fc Twente

Just a quick update with using this formation with Stockport County:

In my first season I won the Blue Square Bet Premier and also won the English FA Trophy.

In my 2nd season I won Npower League 2 and also the Johnstones paint trophy

Now currently in my 3rd season and I sit top of Npower League one, having won 9 and drawn 3.
Wow, that is quite a fantastic run you are on there mate :) well done! keep us updated!

Hi!

Tried every tacic possible with Notts Co but nothin seems to work with this sad excuse of a football team. Tried own tactics and downloaded tactics and every type of different instruction but nothing works. Have tried with this tactic now for almost an entire season and now Im risking relegation. Everything is totally hopeless. Honestly I dont now how to turn things around. Shouldnt this tactic work with Notts Co aswell as Wimbledon?

Br Jonesy

hey mate, sorry to hear nothing is working, its not all about the tactic unfortunately, there are many factors that influence/affect tactics...

I hope you can turn it around :) good luck

The corner set pieces where the short option is always completed is absolutely dreadful on this (one of the only gripes i have about this tactic). Near Post corners are a lot more effective.
cheers mate, I thought I had removed that! lol, it was pathetic :)

Can't seem to go all the way with Chelsea in any comp.

Took out drogba, kalou, malouda, anelka & alex.

Siged muniesa, hutelaar, ganso, hazard, hummels, vrsaljko.

So I have just tried Might & Magic. So far I've had mixed results. I get a lot more out of Mceachran and Lampard in this formation, but my wingers are now mata/ganso/hazard and they don't fit the bill I think. (used to play 4-2-3-1)

Thinking of taking out a striker in favour of Mikel or even AMC. Seem to leak goals in general play so Mikel might be best?

Got good results out of all strikers (sturridge, torres, lukaku and huntelaar) so far.

And Terry is finally playing well :)

hey bud, the reason why it may not be working is that you are playing the likes of Ganso as wingers and Josh and Lampard in the middle :)

I suggest lining up like this:

---------------------------Cech--------------------------------
Bosingwa---------Terry--------Luiz/Hummels--------Cole

--------------Mikel/Essien-----Lampard------------
----Hazard----------------------------------Mata-----
---------------Torres------Huntelaar------------------

I have to say that my 2 United Rejects are filling the CM roles splendidly. Gibson is a boss at it and I find Norwood to be able enough next to him (Plus his setpiece is godly).

Both tactics are working well enough and thats with out having time for them to settle either. I'll certainly let you after say 15 games!

Oh I'm Hibernian incase you were wondering Neil.

Hi Raikan, (and others :p)

I have had mixed success with he tactic and I can't seem to replicate your good results particularly against the bigger teams. I can feel it about to click but just missing those last parts!

Im currently in my second season with Arsenal finished 3rd in my first using now your short and sweet at home against teams I expect to control the game against and switching to might and magic counter for the away games and at home to the likes of united, city etc.

Its these bigger clashes i really struggle with especially Man City who play 4231, I have changed my full backs to defend rather than support to try and stop getting exposed down the flanks and against City i dropped the mcl into dm and set him to defend etc but I see to get overwhelmed and dominated.

Last time out i lost 1-0 to City (not the end of the world) but I had 4 shots compared to 21 for City, 46%-54% poss and 0 ccc :(

I was wondering what tweaks people have made or make when they feel they are getting dominated and also if struggling to break teams down with Short & sweet what tweaks they make to help get that goal!

Not asking much hey! :p

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Chris

Okay Raikan, a quick sum-up of my Barnsley save. I´m currently in season two now. here´s some screenshots of results from first seasons and also this beginning. Please feel free of any kind of feedback. thanks again for a wonderful tactic.
My ending of the first season:
View attachment 206771
some strange results:And some good ones: My ending position: My best player(still is):

View attachment 206772View attachment 206774View attachment 206777View attachment 206778

So i started the second season and switched only to the away counter tactic:
View attachment 206781View attachment 206782View attachment 206783View attachment 206784View attachment 206784
This game shows some great fighting spirit:
View attachment 206785

So overall... love the tactic! First season I did the geling and the switching from home and away with some mixed results.
Changed only to the away counter one this season, so far. so awesomly good.
Let´s see wut the future holds for my Barnsley squad!

Thanks again. :D

This is my team-Swansea, and I've managed the third leaques. I reminded that the first season, my team was 5th position, the second leaque was 2nd in PML, and final UEFA cup. In two last leaques, we scored many goals in a season but....
</noscript>

1. we can't score many goals as the previous season. To top 5 (MU, Chels, Liv, Ars, Mc), we sometimes scores when we face them, but to lower teams, such as: West Brom, Leisester, Newscatle, even though Plymouth, we couldn't score too much (all these match, in the second half I adjusted Strategy from counter to overload, replaced players who were lower their ability but we couldn't score any goals, only just enough for a winning match, How can I manage in these situations? I use tac Might and magic away/counter complete, untick playmaker, assistant take control of pep talks and opposition instruction.
2. Should I buy Nainggolan, Nkoulou (good at defence, high teamwork, work rate, stamina) for CM? I think they are now in the best in their position which Swansea can buy. And Vidal with low teamwork (6/20), so not good for this position?
3. STL: Who can Swansea buy? Hamsik, Cavani denied to join my team. Piatti and Damiao with high fee (>27m) and salary, So I use Wilfried (with ppm come deep to get ball), sometimes Dzagoev, Sigurosson, but it seems unsuccessful.
4. Personality question (you don't need to answer my question if you don't like) Where are you from? How old are you? and what are your occupation? I'm very glad to be acquainted with you. I'm from Vietnam-with a weak national team but the strongest in love football spirit.

Last edited:

This is my team-Swansea, and I've managed the third leaques. I reminded that the first season, my team was 5th position, the second leaque was 2nd in PML, and final UEFA cup. In two last leaques, we scored many goals in a season but....
</noscript>

1. we can't score many goals as the previous season. To top 5 (MU, Chels, Liv, Ars, Mc), we sometimes scores when we face them, but to lower teams, such as: West Brom, Leisester, Newscatle, even though Plymouth, we couldn't score too much (all these match, in the second half I adjusted Strategy from counter to overload, replaced players who were lower their ability but we couldn't score any goals, only just enough for a winning match, How can I manage in these situations? I use tac Might and magic away/counter complete, untick playmaker, assistant take control of pep talks and opposition instruction.
2. Should I buy Nainggolan, Nkoulou (good at defence, high teamwork, work rate, stamina) for CM? I think they are now in the best in their position which Swansea can buy. And Vidal with low teamwork (6/20), so not good for this position?
3. STL: Who can Swansea buy? Hamsik, Cavani denied to join my team. Piatti and Damiao with high fee (>27m) and salary, So I use Wilfried (with ppm come deep to get ball), sometimes Dzagoev, Sigurosson, but it seems unsuccessful.
4. Personality question (you don't need to answer my question if you don't like) Where are you from? How old are you? and what are your occupation? I'm very glad to be acquainted with you. I'm from Vietnam-with a weak national team but the strongest in love football spirit.

1) that is awesome, great position mate! well done, also a great squad! leave it as attacking and switch to fluid, do your own teamtalks!
2) yes and yes, both great players! Vidal will cost too much and Naingollan is just as good if not better for the cm role
3) how much do you have to spend? Mounir El Hamdoui and Luuk De Jong are really good (Goran Pandev)
4) I am from South Africa :) I am 26 and I am the GM for a international training company, welcome to Fm-base, I look forward to hearing from you

Hi Raikan, (and others :p)

I have had mixed success with he tactic and I can't seem to replicate your good results particularly against the bigger teams. I can feel it about to click but just missing those last parts!

Im currently in my second season with Arsenal finished 3rd in my first using now your short and sweet at home against teams I expect to control the game against and switching to might and magic counter for the away games and at home to the likes of united, city etc.

Its these bigger clashes i really struggle with especially Man City who play 4231, I have changed my full backs to defend rather than support to try and stop getting exposed down the flanks and against City i dropped the mcl into dm and set him to defend etc but I see to get overwhelmed and dominated.

Last time out i lost 1-0 to City (not the end of the world) but I had 4 shots compared to 21 for City, 46%-54% poss and 0 ccc :(

I was wondering what tweaks people have made or make when they feel they are getting dominated and also if struggling to break teams down with Short & sweet what tweaks they make to help get that goal!

Not asking much hey! :p

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Chris

I would honestly use the S&S at home always :) vs City they have quite a compact midfield so use the away tactic, but play extremely wide and extremely quick, change the Cm's passing to direct and to play through balls often!

I've been trying your tactic with PSG and since I'm not really a 2 striker kinda manager I dragged back the STl to the CAM position.

Since that's where Pastore plays best as well. But I haven't found a way to fix the missing threat up front. So do you have any suggestions as to how to get my team perhaps a bit more dangerous in attack. Perhaps get the wingers Nene and Menez more involved or make Pastore more attacking? I'm doing fine in the league but I'm not seeing the team play as it should. Lots of sneaky rebound goals from Gameiro and set piece goals.

I'd love for Pastore to play the role he can play. I'm unsure wether to untick playmaker since this might involve the wingers more, but Pastore less.

P.S. I'm always getting the squad motivated so that's not really a reason.

Last edited:
Okay, jus came up with a question here about the tactic and the players role in it. this is wut interests me....

Anyone who´s got any more suggestions to the "prefferred moves" except for the poacher role.
Wingers CM´s Fullbacks and CB´s ...anyone who has had a player doing even better in those roles depending o the preffeerred move? I´m all ears. thanks for any answer :D