Alritey. Start off my season 3 with my Barnsley squad. Got promoted to the Premiership!!! :D

So, anyone here got any good tips or tricks for my Premier season to come. I still go with the away counter tactic...maybe some more defensive tweaks on it or any other tips i´m all ears....

Also player recommendations? Still need one **** of alot better Goalkeeper and STL .... I´ve had a look at Carlos Fierro and Rafael for the goalkeeper position...but Fierro will prolly not come cuz of the work permit ,screenshot of my squad and future transferin: View attachment 209927View attachment 209928View attachment 209929View attachment 209930

Anyone there who I should target myself into maybe? ANyone who has got any nice experience bout´em? Thanks for any suggestion. Here is the Keeper i fell for called Rafael ALOT better then Marian Kello for me.
View attachment 209931

thank you all!!

p.s. Any Attacking corner of Att Free Kick suggestions that might work better?

Konflict,

this is awesome :)

59864466.png

We've scored 100 goals now! Let in 15, and the season isn't even over yet. However, I am beginning to notice the tactic is becoming less useful. Against Manchester Utd at Old Trafford, I had to switch to Short and Simple because they were completely dominating the play. I beat Newcastle 5-0 though!

once again, great work mate! your tactic is the top one i use with ipswich.am in my 4-th season with them, sitting atop of the table(comfortable lead of i think 7 points aheah Man City) and playing second round in Euro cup as well.I tried it many times in diferrent teams and countries and have to say the counter tactic has some briliant ideas!My own feedback : i noticed AI will generaly try to break your backbone with beasty press, so i've set as default the atacking play "down both flanks" and the time wasting to the first "rarely" notch.this way the ball moves a lot quicker and the tactic becomes the best ever counter killer ive seen.i also removed the playmaker-i hate using playmaker cause the AI will always succesfuly target him no matter whom you use in this role.last season i had Defoe in the poacher position and he scored 17 in 22 games so far, even if this is not the best tactic / position for him(i've set his run with ball to sometimes for obvious reasons) and this season i have Wilfried-real beast in this position/tactic/settings.i combined your tactic with 4-2-3-1(3AM) and Ipswich are looking extremely impressive.Some results:
Man Utd 2:1(league cup, both teams fielded some reserves)
Man Utd 2:1(premiership AI managed to corner me in the last 30 min's but we survived)
Newcastle, away-constantly pushin 4-4-2, 6 good counter attack, 5 CCC 3:0
Arsenal(they played classic 4-5-1) 2:1
Liverpool 2:0 at home, 69% possesion.
In the last several games ive noticed AI is asigning person marking and always tight mark to both CM's so they are tackled hard and be the starting point of oposition counterattacks.this is easyly avoided by removing the hold the ball instruction from at least one of them.than the opposition becomes even more exposed to those lovely knockings of the ball from side to side.
Cheers, and thanks mate!

We've scored 100 goals now! Let in 15, and the season isn't even over yet. However, I am beginning to notice the tactic is becoming less useful. Against Manchester Utd at Old Trafford, I had to switch to Short and Simple because they were completely dominating the play. I beat Newcastle 5-0 though!

awesome :) yeah, you need to change it up! I notice that as well! that is why I have three loaded :)

awesome Ivo :)

good little tweaks there to suit your team! I still feel as though I need to work on the original tactic a little, I was on Fm last night for a while and saw a few changes I would like to make :)

will work on it over the holiday though!

great results and great job! you are more than welcome to upload your version for members to download as well? maybe if you want I can put in in the actual M&M file for download

Raikan, with Might and Magic home tactic, if i want to use 2 poaches on top, should i just copy the Poacher individual tactics to the DLF or do you recomend having them different individual tactics even they are both poachers?

Raikan, with Might and Magic home tactic, if i want to use 2 poaches on top, should i just copy the Poacher individual tactics to the DLF or do you recomend having them different individual tactics even they are both poachers?

you can do exactly that, but then for the cm's make them play through balls always and run from deep sometimes :) normal wideplay :)

Ivo,if you are there?

since you have your Ipswich save, I would love takin some tips from you, I begin my first season in the Premiership with my Barnsley squad here. Any recommmendations?

And one last questions...about the opposition instructions in the beginning of the game, which works best for you guys..only att players on weaker foot, or do you all let your assistant deal with it?

And any new updated shouts that works better?

awesome Ivo :)

good little tweaks there to suit your team! I still feel as though I need to work on the original tactic a little, I was on Fm last night for a while and saw a few changes I would like to make :)

will work on it over the holiday though!

great results and great job! you are more than welcome to upload your version for members to download as well? maybe if you want I can put in in the actual M&M file for download

well. the tweaks that we can permanently leave are only the two i already mentioned, in the team instructions.the PI are perfect or thereabouts if you deploy them using common sence(i.e.-put the suitable players in the slots and sligly tweak if they are not that good to perform the attacking part the way it is required) i have a tweaked tactic for fight tough oponents that got me through Arsenal and Man Utd, but if you want to i can send it to you for aproval.I would love to provide feedback for the way i use OI with your tactics-this is something i always carefully work on and i was thinking about contributing in this was.(anyway i feel guilty for using so much advice from here and usualy being too lazy to lend back some)

Ivo,if you are there?

since you have your Ipswich save, I would love takin some tips from you, I begin my first season in the Premiership with my Barnsley squad here. Any recommmendations?

And one last questions...about the opposition instructions in the beginning of the game, which works best for you guys..only att players on weaker foot, or do you all let your assistant deal with it?

And any new updated shouts that works better?

be cautious when using the show onto weaker foot instruction esspecialy whit raikans MM.you have 2 CM's that stand deeper when defending so the AI generaly tends to overload them by setting his wide players to cut inside.So before you issue OI always check the footidness of both wide players of the oposition-it will speak a lot.If they are put on the "wrong" side, you dont show them onto weaker foot-never!Instead the tackling should always ne hard.Also i would always put tight marking to winger type players(pace, dribling, crossing) and always close done to playmaker types(passing, flair, creativity). this is a counter atacking tactic that usualy uses the flanks(at least i use it this way) so its highly recomended that you set the CB's OI also to hard tackling.they will be able to cut most of your crosses as it is the same way IRL too.so attacking them in the very moment of the interception brings a lot of positives too.The biggest bonus is if your opposition has a CB in the "wrong" foot slot(ex: CDR with preffered left foot) this is your victim and if you are a good predator you should imedeately assign show onto weaker foot to him.
as for general advice: put at least one carefully though out defending tactic-you are going to need it, and defending tactics also neglect a little the effect of low morale.do not use smallest pitch size because every oposition will have top CB's and the smaller yr pitch harder it will be for yr strikers to find space for counterattacks.

please note, I am on leave until 11th January 2012 and will not be accessing the forums during that time. I wish you all a good festive season and a merry christmas!

Raikan007 you must spend so much time finding these tactics, players ect... Would just like to say thank you for all the effort you go to to help us all in football manager :D thanks man!

has anyone used Humberto Suazo (sp?) as their deep lying striker? Looking at him for aston villa as neither bent nor agbonla(cant score ever)hor.

has anyone used Humberto Suazo (sp?) as their deep lying striker? Looking at him for aston villa as neither bent nor agbonla(cant score ever)hor.

I haven't :/ But I rotate between Erick Torres & Mattia Destro for that position, so you can always have a try with those :)

Hey Raikan, I have been using your tactics as West Ham (first season) and they have put me top after 16 games. We started off indifferent, but I expected that and we had a run of games where we were scoring for fun. Signing people like Quintero and Bonnet has made a big difference but we seem to have hit a blip of form.

View attachment 211666

What I was wondering (before I play Reading away), is if there was anything you would suggest that could pick the form up slightly. This could be me being over the top, the tactics have been excellent up until now and I do realise that it isn't exactly a disastrous drop in form, but before I slip down the table, your thoughts would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Ok so was top of the league in the championship with Bristol City using my own tactics.
But was always struggling didnt feel comfortable and in a false position.

Decided to use these tactics as a lot of great reviews.

The results over the last 10 games have been well horrific.
Have been using the home and away tactics, overall my results are.

P-10, W-2, D-3, L-5
Scored - 10
Conceded - 15

Suffice to say have blown my 10 point lead at the top and am dropping like a stone.
Really confused and frustrated as had a lot of hope in these tactics !!!

Must add that the home tactic has worked fairly well for me but the away one is awful for me.
concede lots of goals.

Just tried this tactic with the shouts also. Pumped West ham 5-0 away. Really pleased with the football my team (United) were playing! :) I've always detested Carrick, but he got 3 assists! Anyway, good work Raikan!