Might and Magic™ by Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 610
  • Views Views 385K
Hey Raikan, can you suggest what to do with a mac for your tactic? I've not been able to get it sorted from the downloads...

Hello there fellow Mac user,

it's quite easy. Expand the tactic by double click and then move the tactic file(s) to your user home folder, namely /user/documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/Tactics

Then the tactic should be "visible in game".

Hope it helps,

Semris

Last edited:
I use this tactic, but made some changes. I changed one of the Carrick roles to lie deeper as an anchor man. I changed the tempo to slow, and the width to narrow, as i like to play possession football. I also changed the Deep Lying Forward to a Complete forward with the attack command, and I just made lots of player instruction tweaks to make it similar to Arsenal's possession football. Went well so far, beat liverpool 5-1, with Gervinho and Miyachi getting three goals between them, and Walcott getting two.
nice mate :) good job! if you like possession may I suggest trying this as your alternative tactic :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/85231-short-sweet%99.html

This is a quality cup tactic! Last season i won the league cup and this year im in the final of the FA cup and the semis of the Europa League.....
With QPR!!!

Good stuff

well done mate :) hahaha, awesome! did you manage to win it? who did you manage to sign?

Brilliant. Just finished my second season with Swansea (used your tactic for entire time) - 4th place, F.A. Cup and top scorer in the league (Quintero with 43 goals). Had some cracking results too, like 9-1 win against Fulham. To be fair, i also had some heavy defeats against top4 clubs, but due to my defense being **** it was to be expected. I will post some screenshots, but first need to figure out how. ;)
awesome mate :) well done! yeah, the better teams will score goals as its not based on defence soley! if and when you get in better defenders it will be more stable I promise :) anymore updates?

Hey man, first of all really great tactic you got here!
I'm managing Napoli, and I'm currently playing Lavezzi in STL and Cavani in STR. Is this right? Sometimes I feel I'm not getting everything out of those two.

cheers bud :) thank you! other way around :)

Samed Yesil works very well in the "Rooney" role.
He's only 17, potentially 4 star player available on the cheap in the first season.
cheers mate :)

Thinking of changing the Wingers to Inside Forwards (Att). I got Neymar on the left and Hulk on the right. Bad idea or not?

EDIT: I've just tried it for 2 games. 1st game smashed a team (West Brom?) by 5-1. Neymar grabbing a hat-trick. 2nd game beat Bayern in a champions league qualifications match 3-0. Just curious if it matters having supporting wingers?

Last edited:
Here are my results using your strategy Raikan, quite amazing. Huge scoring potential, 3rd place so far. And I have downloaded your away tactic and used it in last away match which went very well.

If you will check the results you will notice:

1) Most goals scored in league. Plenty of goals in my own net too though - probably because both of my CM are more creative types than anything else (bought best players I could afford with my small transfer fees and small wages, their screenshot included). That's not bothering me since the +15 score is pretty good.

2) I had issues with some away matches - there are some wild results and loses. That might improve with your new strategy. (H)

Just to compare, with my own tactic I managed to end up 6th in the league, with yours we shall see, but definitely looks better. :D

View attachment 200634View attachment 200635
View attachment 200629View attachment 200630

Last edited:
all your losses bar one were away :) I hope the new away tactic can sort this out for you :)

All the teams I have tested it with I have had no problems in conceding goals.. its such a mystery! I hope you can get in the required players for your next season to make your team better and get better results using this :)

thank you for your feedback :)

a good striker to use for a league 2 side try and get jeffry schlupp on loan 13 games and 21 goals for crawley:)

What would you recommend as PPM's for Edinson Cavani playing in the Hernandez role? He's scored four in his second game at the club (In the 6-2 drubbing of Tottenham), but I need to stop him coming deep to get the ball. He's got good finishing, so would 'placing shots' ppm be a good idea?

Alright mate, doing one with United and only really winning games 2/3-0 max. Any advice?
enjoy it! stop moaning :P you are not going to win every game 5:0! hahhaaha, 2/3:0 is fantastic mate! how far is the tactic in becoming fluid?

What would you recommend as PPM's for Edinson Cavani playing in the Hernandez role? He's scored four in his second game at the club (In the 6-2 drubbing of Tottenham), but I need to stop him coming deep to get the ball. He's got good finishing, so would 'placing shots' ppm be a good idea?

he would suit the Rooney role much much better (I have used him there and he is great with Lavezzi as the Hernandez role) but ask him to unlearn come deep and ask him to learn:

1) attacks through centre
2) moves into channels
3) tries to lob keeper
4) tries to go around keeper
5) place shots (he is a big guy, this is mostly used for smaller/quicker strikers but is still recommended for him)

what a tacktiek :) i am playing club brugge and i am 1ste in the league, the final of the club and the quater final of the euro cup. lost one match this year against udinese

Im in 2015 mate... Got a good team, my key players are Fierro in the rooney role, and Sanogo in the Hernandez....

Ive got Jack Cork and Jack Collison in the middle and they seem to work really well there!

starting a save with my barnsley squad. anyone who´s got any good tips about the tactic. i tried it before and conceded alot from corners.... and in att corners. is it the one who gives the short option whos the corner taker?

what a tacktiek :) i am playing club brugge and i am 1ste in the league, the final of the club and the quater final of the euro cup. lost one match this year against udinese
awesome mate :) well done! good luck for the Euro!

lol, wow what? :)

Im in 2015 mate... Got a good team, my key players are Fierro in the rooney role, and Sanogo in the Hernandez....

Ive got Jack Cork and Jack Collison in the middle and they seem to work really well there!
nice :) how does Fierro turn out?

starting a save with my barnsley squad. anyone who´s got any good tips about the tactic. i tried it before and conceded alot from corners.... and in att corners. is it the one who gives the short option whos the corner taker?
I have updated the corners etc :) use the new away tactic and get fast wingers :) good luck!

having problems to download the tactic :(
whats up mate? this one is in WINRAR format so you will have to install it if you dont have it! then just unrar and copy and paste into mydocs/sportsinteractive/fm12/tactics

Back