Might and Magic™ by Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 610
  • Views Views 385K
Thank you, mate for this great tactic. My Otelul Galati won the premier league in the 1st season with 15 points difference, so the tactic it's very nice. But I have discovered some very weak points in defence especially at opposition's set pieces (DFK&IFK and most of all at CORNERS).

This season, till now, I lost only 2 games (4-1 against Shaktar in Champions' League and 3-0 against Rapid in premier league) and both of the games were lost because of this weakness. Shaktar had 3 corners and scored from all of them and Rapid had 2 corners and an IFK. So I think there is a gap in the defence and I can't seem to find it, I can't seem to find out what to change to fix this. With this fix the tactic would be the best.

Anyway, again thank you for sharing this tactic, it's really good.

Cheers!
thanks mate :) great results :) everyone is experiencing problems with conceding from corners/free kicks, I dont think it is all the tactic but I must say that I did not spend long enough editing it! Maybe i should have a look and upload the new tweaked version :)

all the best mate! glad it is going very well for you!

Aaaahh. Sweetness. Are both of em updated, cuz´I have the original and one away tactic that i saw you shared in a post earlier in this thread on a link. Is it the same away tactic? or maybe you tweaked it a little bit.

by the way... jus won 4-0 at home against Newcastle in the League Cup :) I will try to post a screenshot.
the new away one is not the same :) it is part of the pack in the OP download link :)

read the OP as well for the new shouts as well!

nice! good win!

Raikan just wanted to say I've been using your tactic with a team which media prediction is 11 and after 10 games I am currently first so I am obviously delighted with the results but with the way the team plays not so much. Here is why:
I HAD to change stl from DLF to another role because I simply can't find a striker with decent creativity and passing for the role of DLF, so I tried to use TM-support thus losing the playmaker and getting a Target Man, changed some crossing to him but the main problem is I get to few CCCs in a game and mostly score 1-2 goals per game but thankfully tactic is very good defensively and I rarely concede.

So what I am asking is what role do you recommend for the STL if not DLF? I also noticed that my team isn't very creative probly because I switched the role but as I said I really had to.... Also tried giving more creativity to MCL but that did not work very well.

To all of you that have problems with concedeing from corners here is what works great for me: DL, DR, DCR, DCL, MCR on man mark, MCL, STL on posts and AMR,AML,STR stay forward.

I tried SS the FM tactics screen but It didnt work for some reason! All of my morals are either very good or superb so that shouldnt be an issue.

Noted on the shouts!

To all of you that have problems with concedeing from corners here is what works great for me: DL, DR, DCR, DCL, MCR on man mark, MCL, STL on posts and AMR,AML,STR stay forward.

I will really try this tomorrow cos I am so tired of losing certain games cos of this problem. Cheers!

@Raikan007 i saw a thread using man u 36 win 34 draw 2 lose 0may i know home match using short and sweet and away match using away tactic?

At patch 12.0.4 I run not very good with your tactic, this is problem of tactic for this patch or patch doesn't impact a lot? So, will you release new version for 12.0.4 in future?

can you make it in a .tac file for me? i can't open it (downloads.php). and is this tactic good for man city?

View attachment 201702View attachment 201703ok so here are results after half a season, unlycky defeat against Vojvodina, deserved defeat against Red Star and unlucky draw against Partizan, was up 3-0 by half-time and wanted to humiliate instead hold on to the lead... Once again team was predicted for relegation battle(I did however signed probably best players I could)
All in all a good tactic, event thou I had to switch roles as I explained already. Althou I prefer tactics that give me dominiation in the midfield like 4-2-3-1 deep or 4-5-1 if you prefer 2 strikers and don't mind getting overrun in the midfield this one is great.

Thanks to Ribar now I do not concede goals from set pieces, but, in my opinion, this tactic still needs imprevements in defence. Maybe I am too perfectionist or maybe is cos I play with a team in a low ranking league, dunno.

Last edited:
hi raikan007 in page 9 the away tactic and your rar files contain two tactic they are different?

in rar contain
Might and Magic™ by Raikan007 (Q.P.R., Nov 2011).tac
Might and Magic™ by Raikan007 away_counter complete (Man Utd, Jan 2012).tac

in page 9 contain - Might and Magic Away™ by Raikan007 (Q.P.R., Sep 2011).tac

just curious u using 3 tactic for a season? what tactic u use for a season?
using sweet and short and a rar with 2 tactics or?

Hi played not one save without using one of your tactics in fm11 Just got a copy of 12 and read your man utd guide ,thought id give this a whirl on my very first save i have to say im impressed so far.

Being a boro fan i always start off with the smoggies i was expecting a top half finish with possibly pushing for promotion in my second season with the right buys ,however the start to the season has been outstanding i dont realy have that many great players at boro its not a bad team but in my opinion fm 11`s boro were much stronger.

View attachment 201751View attachment 201752View attachment 201753View attachment 201754

So a good start didnt realy bring in anyone special got kello martin (gk) and joey godee (st) for 475k and 250k respectivly, i also asked the board to negotiate for lee tomlin (amrl) for 2.5 million bit more than i would prefer to have paid but i got my man and hayden mullins in a structerd deal for 2 mill.

Idealy i would like some form of cover for emnes who has been outstanding (11 goals in 7 games :) ) but i dont want to burn him out playing him in everygame

Tried to find jan chramosta (spelling) but cant seem to find him on my database

Good tactic, struggling a little in the league, but seems to work really well in Europe!!

View attachment 201844

Would have been a lot more convincing but for 2 long range belters from Michel Bastos!

Erm Raikan should I have a playmaker and a target man set?

Sorry Raikan I've seen it. I major problem for me is the STL lack of goals, i use rooney and he sets up a lot but hardly scores. :(

Raikan. i have a question.. did u buy anyone when u are using QPR? because im going to start a new save with QPR using this tactic... so do u have any suggestion player to me? sorry for my poor english

Raikan just wanted to say I've been using your tactic with a team which media prediction is 11 and after 10 games I am currently first so I am obviously delighted with the results but with the way the team plays not so much. Here is why:
I HAD to change stl from DLF to another role because I simply can't find a striker with decent creativity and passing for the role of DLF, so I tried to use TM-support thus losing the playmaker and getting a Target Man, changed some crossing to him but the main problem is I get to few CCCs in a game and mostly score 1-2 goals per game but thankfully tactic is very good defensively and I rarely concede.
So what I am asking is what role do you recommend for the STL if not DLF? I also noticed that my team isn't very creative probly because I switched the role but as I said I really had to.... Also tried giving more creativity to MCL but that did not work very well.
hey mate :) glad its going very well so far :) all the best!

It is a specific role but it does seem to work for all different leages and players :) dont worry about getting the type of player in! you can just change the role to suit even a poacher but leave the PI's as is! The best would be a complete forward type and untick the playmaker... I dont use it anymore myself :)

leave the Cm's as is, that is the main component of the tactic :) try making your wingers run with ball more and change to attack instead of support :)

Back