Might and Magic™ by Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 610
  • Views Views 385K
Hey Raikan

Im playing as Dover right now, and ive been using both your PP CCC and M&M tactics. I had an excellent first season, winning the BSS, conceded least goals and scored most goals.

Im now having a little trouble with scoring though. Its not that the team isnt creating chances, its just they cant hit the target. I just had a game where I had 24 shots, 0 on target....

Is there anything I can tweak to try help my players get their shots on target more?

I was going to download this to try it out but it's a .rar file and I don't know how to change it. Tried just renaming it as .tac but that doesnt do anything. Could someone who knows computers please assist? :)

I used this tactic on the demo version with great success! However I have started a new game on FM12 with Man U and pretty much got the same players and this tactic just doesnt seem to work like it did on the demo version. I cant understand why it is so different and what I am doing wrong. I am half way through my season and in the Prem I have played 18 games, won 12, drawn 2 and lost 4! i have conceeded 15 goals and scored 42 goals.

I have tried adding in the new away tactic still with little success. My wins have only been by 1 goal etc and I have only had one game where it looked good where i beat Milan in the champ league group stage 7-0 apart from that I havent had any prolific wins like in the demo.

Any comments, feedack or suggestions would be great!!!

Very solid, especially away from home, but doesn't play out too well in the Bundesliga, where an experimental Leverkeusen team was hammered 4-0 by Schalke at home was the pick of the bunch in bad matches. Without players meeting the prototype in the exact specified roles, results are a bit harder to maintain. I like Pure Perfection a tad better, as it seems more versatile and adaptable for different kinds of players.

Hey Raikan

Im playing as Dover right now, and ive been using both your PP CCC and M&M tactics. I had an excellent first season, winning the BSS, conceded least goals and scored most goals.

Im now having a little trouble with scoring though. Its not that the team isnt creating chances, its just they cant hit the target. I just had a game where I had 24 shots, 0 on target....

Is there anything I can tweak to try help my players get their shots on target more?

wow! that is a first! 0 on target :) lol! your players need guide dogs by the sound of things! :)

seriously, that is just not on! Are you creating CCC's or just half chances? what are your player ratings? are you using the shouts? do the players have any bad PPM's? try giving your players a bit more freedom and play quicker :)

I was going to download this to try it out but it's a .rar file and I don't know how to change it. Tried just renaming it as .tac but that doesnt do anything. Could someone who knows computers please assist? :)

download Winrar mate and extract the downloaded file as there is an away and home tactic :)

I used this tactic on the demo version with great success! However I have started a new game on FM12 with Man U and pretty much got the same players and this tactic just doesnt seem to work like it did on the demo version. I cant understand why it is so different and what I am doing wrong. I am half way through my season and in the Prem I have played 18 games, won 12, drawn 2 and lost 4! i have conceeded 15 goals and scored 42 goals.

I have tried adding in the new away tactic still with little success. My wins have only been by 1 goal etc and I have only had one game where it looked good where i beat Milan in the champ league group stage 7-0 apart from that I havent had any prolific wins like in the demo.

Any comments, feedack or suggestions would be great!!!

still not bad results mate :) but I do know what you are saying :) just remember this tactic is not perfect, no tactic is! the game can be very predictable at times when facing opposition :)

On the original tactic change to stick to positions and fluid with a shorter/quicker game as well! have you had any luck since posting?

what match prep are you doing? what is your starting 11? change Vidic role to Cb - defend!

Very solid, especially away from home, but doesn't play out too well in the Bundesliga, where an experimental Leverkeusen team was hammered 4-0 by Schalke at home was the pick of the bunch in bad matches. Without players meeting the prototype in the exact specified roles, results are a bit harder to maintain. I like Pure Perfection a tad better, as it seems more versatile and adaptable for different kinds of players.

4-4-2's dont work that well in the Bundesliga I find, a 4-3-3 with Dm does though and I will be creating one (like last year) for a Gladbach save I will be starting in the future at some time :)

yeah, as I said above, no tactic is perfect! I mean this is what I did using this tactic and my Short and Sweet in the 1st season :) so it also does come down to the manager at the end of the day and teamtalks, selection, player interaction, training etc etc ;)

View attachment 201304View attachment 201303View attachment 201305View attachment 201306

This is a awesome tactic, won C-Shield (Beat Manchester City 5-0), FA Cup (Beat Arsenal 3-0 in Final), Premier League (Won with a couple of games left) in first season with Manchester United. Also won in a different game the N-Power League 2 with Accrington Stanley. If you have the right players this tactic can work for any team.

Thanks for the responce Raikan,

I know im not doing too bad but I was expecting the same type of results I was getting in the demo hence why I thought I was doing something different. I have not had change to play since I last posted but my last match was away to Liverpool which I lost 3-0 :(.

My starting line up is:

De Gea

Rafeal (or Smalling), Vidic, Rio (or Evans), Evra

Fletcher (or Felliani), Anderson

Valancia (as Nani has been rubbish!), Young (or Neymar)

Hernandez (or Neymar/Welbeck), Rooney (or Neymar/Welbeck)

My strikers have not been getting good ratings so I have had to pull out Rooney and Hernadez and try something different with Neymar and Welbeck etc.

I have set up Home and Away shouts as in your screen shots. When should I be putting them "Live" in the match? From the start or part way through?

I will make the changes to the tactic that you have suggested.

Maybe I am asking for too much and should accept the season is going to be diffficult and just ride the 1st season out and take it on the chin. Then hope for better performances in the next season!

I have also uploaded your training schedule!

Good work though.....I am going to take a look at your Angels approach to Managing the Devils....and see if theres any pointers in there ;).

Thanks for the responce Raikan,

I know im not doing too bad but I was expecting the same type of results I was getting in the demo hence why I thought I was doing something different. I have not had change to play since I last posted but my last match was away to Liverpool which I lost 3-0 :(.

My starting line up is:

De Gea

Rafeal (or Smalling), Vidic, Rio (or Evans), Evra

Fletcher (or Felliani), Anderson

Valancia (as Nani has been rubbish!), Young (or Neymar)

Hernandez (or Neymar/Welbeck), Rooney (or Neymar/Welbeck)

My strikers have not been getting good ratings so I have had to pull out Rooney and Hernadez and try something different with Neymar and Welbeck etc.

I have set up Home and Away shouts as in your screen shots. When should I be putting them "Live" in the match? From the start or part way through?

I will make the changes to the tactic that you have suggested.

Maybe I am asking for too much and should accept the season is going to be diffficult and just ride the 1st season out and take it on the chin. Then hope for better performances in the next season!

I have also uploaded your training schedule!

Good work though.....I am going to take a look at your Angels approach to Managing the Devils....and see if theres any pointers in there ;).

sorry man! just remember that morale plays a huge role in players performances so if you experienced a loss and maybe upset them more you are not going to get good performances from them regardless of which tactic you use! post a SS of their morale (tactics screen)

put shouts right on the 1st minute!

ok cool mate :) I hope you can sort it out! all the best

I use lots of parts of this tactic in my own 4-2-4 for liverpool and it does also work with a target man in the Rooney role.

Change the rooney role to target man support standard settings but reduce creative freedom a little bit, then set right winger to cross aim to far post and left winger cross aim to centre. Can also set to target man supply to head but i had mixed results.

Just a tweak for those that don't have a rooney type player but a big target man instead.

Great tactic, keep up the good work :)

Great tactic with lower league team also ( a bit overpowered maybe ;))

In my experience I've found It's a lot better to use always the attack (home) tactic.
When i have tried the counter (away), the team concede too many through the center. Using the attack tactic the opponents looks always in trouble against your game flow and hardly can organize a good offense.

I'm playng with Barnet (underdog in League2) and I won the league, JP Cup, and I lost the final of FA cup against Aston Villa at the penalties, after won against Manchester united (55% possession ball for me),
I can only say that this year the motivation is so important in FM12 (as it is in real life but maybe a bit more) and i have succeded to change a lot of match in the second half through the team speech
Just a question, the CM's have always a medium performance, between 6,8 and 7, it's happen to you also?

keep up the good work

aahhh. wheres the new away tactic to be downladed at? :D

prolly on the main page right? i jus can find the Home tactic there...

Great tactic with lower league team also ( a bit overpowered maybe ;))

In my experience I've found It's a lot better to use always the attack (home) tactic.
When i have tried the counter (away), the team concede too many through the center. Using the attack tactic the opponents looks always in trouble against your game flow and hardly can organize a good offense.

I'm playng with Barnet (underdog in League2) and I won the league, JP Cup, and I lost the final of FA cup against Aston Villa at the penalties, after won against Manchester united (55% possession ball for me),
I can only say that this year the motivation is so important in FM12 (as it is in real life but maybe a bit more) and i have succeded to change a lot of match in the second half through the team speech
Just a question, the CM's have always a medium performance, between 6,8 and 7, it's happen to you also?

keep up the good work
fantastic results mate :) well done!

the cm's are not there to get ratings of 9 or 8 they are the Carrick role (which IRL) go highly unnoticed! they are not meant to be the main area of the tactic when it comes to scoring etc but they are the most crucial component of the tactic!

keep up the good work and post SS of your progress :) well done again!

Aaaahh. Sweetness. Are both of em updated, cuz´I have the original and one away tactic that i saw you shared in a post earlier in this thread on a link. Is it the same away tactic? or maybe you tweaked it a little bit.

by the way... jus won 4-0 at home against Newcastle in the League Cup :) I will try to post a screenshot.

Thank you, mate for this great tactic. My Otelul Galati won the premier league in the 1st season with 15 points difference, so the tactic it's very nice. But I have discovered some very weak points in defence especially at opposition's set pieces (DFK&IFK and most of all at CORNERS).

This season, till now, I lost only 2 games (4-1 against Shaktar in Champions' League and 3-0 against Rapid in premier league) and both of the games were lost because of this weakness. Shaktar had 3 corners and scored from all of them and Rapid had 2 corners and an IFK. So I think there is a gap in the defence and I can't seem to find it, I can't seem to find out what to change to fix this. With this fix the tactic would be the best.

Anyway, again thank you for sharing this tactic, it's really good.

Cheers!

Back