Moderator Requests

Hire some more mods. Even just for housekeeping threads to correct sections..

Nah I agree a couple more mods wouldn't go amiss said it for a while. Theres a fair few of us who are really active on the site for it to happen.

I'd give it a go, on most week days 9-5ish and pretty impartial. Don't remember ever having an argument on here anyway haha

There's very few active mods at all now :S (maybe some do mod but don't post but looking at most of them now they rarely log in)

So here are some of the last mod log ins I've quickly checked

cmh9090 30.10.16
Jake 23.08.16
Jack Fulham 5.2.17
Redders not seen a post in years
Redrup 15.03.16
Raikan007 came back for like a day in January haha

The site is spammed up right now and I only see Mike and a couple of other mods on to deal with it

#TytonForMod

Just put captcha on posts?
Nobody's time is that precious that a 5 second captcha is going to ruin their day.

If you are posting on a leisure forum, you are already wasting your day ;)

So here are some of the last mod log ins I've quickly checked

cmh9090 30.10.16
Jake 23.08.16
Jack Fulham 5.2.17
Redders not seen a post in years
Redrup 15.03.16
Raikan007 came back for like a day in January haha

The site is spammed up right now and I only see Mike and a couple of other mods on to deal with it

#TytonForMod

These spamming pieces of **** have been here before. And also on major gaming websites like Blizzard's. They're a pain in the ******-not even Blizz can stop them. I'm on top of it though and trying to catch them when I can

These spamming pieces of **** have been here before. And also on major gaming websites like Blizzard's. They're a pain in the ******-not even Blizz can stop them. I'm on top of it though and trying to catch them when I can

Yes mate it's appreciated, I pretty much navigate the site from the 'Recent Threads' thing on the right of the homepage, ball ache when the spammers have gone mad!

Keep it up :)

Can we nominate mods? even a restricted mod just to move threads to the right sections or youtube/twitch promotion into one thread..

Can we nominate mods? even a restricted mod just to move threads to the right sections or youtube/twitch promotion into one thread..
I nominate myself. In all seriousness one or two mods are needed, considering most of the mods come and go. In all the years ive been on this site I think Mike, Iamauser and gramps have been the most consistent.

I'd nominate WJ (FM) & Rocey (Graphics & D/l section) :)

Can we please introduce Captcha?
This site is becoming unusable with the constant spam.

Better to lock your doors and not let the burglar in, rather than leaving yourself wide open, then having to chase them around.

Can we please introduce Captcha?
This site is becoming unusable with the constant spam.

Better to lock your doors and not let the burglar in, rather than leaving yourself wide open, then having to chase them around.

The majority of people doing this will have invested in a VPS and a some sort of botnet/program to do it for them. Those programs are not normally cheap and the people doing it will normally be doing it for SEO purposes and for other blackhat shenanigans, so will see it as a business. Almost everyone doing this will also be spinning content to a degree, whether it's for posts like this or for social media ****. Almost everyone who spins content will also have a Captcha solver like DeathbyCaptcha. It will sadly solve nothing, because it costs less than a penny per captcha.

I could flood this place with messages and there's nothing any of the mods could do about it other than manually sweep them. There sadly isn't really a solution at the moment.

Site could use a facelift as well.. start a donation page or something... :)