Gary Speed Tribute Challenge.

Just take away starting points, do it through promotions instead:

BSP 10 points
L2 10 points
L1 15 points
Championship 20 points
Premier League 30 points

That way, players who choose Wrexham are still earning points but Cardiff and Swansea have the advantage of starting to much higher. Otherwise us LLM's won't get any points.

Also, add JPT and FA Trophy.. 5 points each. Another way for us rubbish clubs to earn points as we get promoted.

I wouldn't mind having some sort of reward system for doing well in the FA cup with lower league teams but I guess that's pretty difficult to decide what's a fair amount so maybe that isn't a good idea.

Yep I like that setup better, perhaps it will encourage others to play

I like that - So we'll remove all the starting positions and each player will submit a screenshot of their final league positions so we can divvy the points - If you gain promotion but don't win your league you only get HALF the points you would for winning it - fair?

We can continue to discuss a FA cup or Carling cup run points - maybe you should upload a picture of your boards expectations and for every round that you beat the expectations you get a point?

Alright - The points have been adjusted. I deducted the original starting points then added points for known league victories (My self and Jono) as for the others on the challenge - I have to wait till the forum gets all the attachments figured out so that I can view all the other league wins or FA trophy or JPT wins etc... Or mey, kandersson and garthy can just add me on steam and show me the achievements through steam screenshots then I can add the points then.

Im giving this challenge a go right now, im starting with Cardiff so since this is my first real challenge, anyone got any tips on who to sign?

Can you add me to the board aswell.

I finished 1st in BSP and League 1 and won FA Trophy. I'll happily add you on Steam to provide screenshots if you give your name on it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've seen you've actually added my points anyways. But I've been given 10 points too many as I've only won the FA Trophy once and the Welsh Cup once.

EDIT 2: I've also just beaten Stoke in the FA Cup third round 4-2. A debut hatrick from a regen I signed and it was from midfield!! ^^)

Last edited:
Mate i dont have a clue how to use it lmao, will work it out then tell you.

Im manager of Cardiff, managed to bring in Ryo and Frimpong on loan from Arsenal, signed Jordi Gomez on loan. And brought in Jamil Adam to see what he is like in the championship, and got Marco Matterazzi for backup looking to bring two more players in aswell, also just became manager of Wales U19'S to see what there like, and what i can do for them.

So i belive i have 10 points? For becoming Wales under 19's manager?

We can continue to discuss a FA cup or Carling cup run points - maybe you should upload a picture of your boards expectations and for every round that you beat the expectations you get a point?

Maybe there can be a system where if you reach say the SF with a Championship club you get 5/10 points (Which then cancel if you win it that season and you get the standard 20 points). The same applies to League 1 teams but the only have to reach the QF, League 2 (And below) must reach the 5th round.

Not expecting you to use it but it would reward LLM with good cup runs.

So i belive i have 10 points? For becoming Wales under 19's manager?

Yeah m8, you'll get 10 points for being the u19 manager. Once we get the forums proper sorted we'll be able to post screenshots and such.

Mey - Alright sorry for giving you too many points ;). I thought you had won the Welsh cup and FA trophy a second time when you won league 1.

My steam account is spinelesscoma

Right I've added you on Steam so I'll just run through getting the screenies for you.

Kenny Jackett was just sacked as manager of Wales, i applied and got the job!

More points please?

Was doing quite bad with Cardiff, and i was really starting to get frustrated with the team, held a team meeting and they all disagreed with me, so...

I did the thing that you should never do, local rivals Swansea recently became manager-less so i applied, the board found out and obviously weren't happy so they sacked me, so now im only manaer of Wales until i can find another club (Welsh Club)

Are the international points the same for the youth squads too? Because if not then I'm just going to get the U19 and U21 job then resign... :p

Can I use transfer updates (LFC Marshall's?)

Are the international points the same for the youth squads too? Because if not then I'm just going to get the U19 and U21 job then resign... :p

Yeah I don't see why We couldn't add in some points for u21 and u19 cup progression.

Was doing quite bad with Cardiff, and i was really starting to get frustrated with the team, held a team meeting and they all disagreed with me, so...

I did the thing that you should never do, local rivals Swansea recently became manager-less so i applied, the board found out and obviously weren't happy so they sacked me, so now im only manaer of Wales until i can find another club (Welsh Club)

haha - Well Stick it out - I'm the Manager of Cardiff and Denmark because Speed just keeps doing well with Wales! I am sure one of the welsh clubs will open up soon. You still get points for managing Wales so that could be your focus for the time being until swansea or another welsh club opens up.