I knew I shouldn't have updated now that I found a working tactic ffs

Is this still working for anyone?

Hey James, I've not made the same mistake again. No way i'm updating!!! On average it's taking a good 3-4 weeks before anoyone tweaks/makes a tactic that works remotely good on a new patch.

The poor thing is...once you've updated it won't allow you to go back to an old patch...poor showing from SI in my opinion...but it's only an opinion.

Currently using this tactic on the update and am currently top of the prem half way through ... WITH BARNSLEY IN MY 3rd SEASON. Finished 7th last season pre patch with MW 442, seems to be performing even better now. I did make some quality signings however such as Gervinho for £4.8m and Ibarbo for £6m.

Things can only get better as I have Doumbia and Felipe Caicedo coming on free transfers 1st July 2015 :D

Currently using this tactic on the update and am currently top of the prem half way through ... WITH BARNSLEY IN MY 3rd SEASON. Finished 7th last season pre patch with MW 442, seems to be performing even better now. I did make some quality signings however such as Gervinho for £4.8m and Ibarbo for £6m.

Things can only get better as I have Doumbia and Felipe Caicedo coming on free transfers 1st July 2015 :D

Very impressed!! Is it possible to see a screenshot of your team?

View attachment 311107

This is my team.
Three regen players, Schroder is amazing, snapped him up second season for a mere 8m and he has flown up in stats! Apparently he was in the game since the start.

View attachment 311108

Rollo set me back a few pennies as well but could be an amazing left back of the future!

View attachment 311109

Finally the keeper Steinbacher who I've had since half way through the first season but I didn't realize his contract was running out and he's agreed terms elsewhere :<

View attachment 311110

EDIT: As you can see I enjoy raiding the German u21s :D

Ok, I'm a bit confused and it's probably a stupid question; but in the OP it says something about setting "tempo to 0 clicks". Can someone please explain to me what that means exactly?

Not really, just switched the set pieces up when I used it with Spurs, changed name so I could find it easily when playing with another team. Corner tactic is somewhere in this thread already.

View attachment 311107

This is my team.
Three regen players, Schroder is amazing, snapped him up second season for a mere 8m and he has flown up in stats! Apparently he was in the game since the start.

View attachment 311108

Rollo set me back a few pennies as well but could be an amazing left back of the future!

View attachment 311109

Finally the keeper Steinbacher who I've had since half way through the first season but I didn't realize his contract was running out and he's agreed terms elsewhere :<

View attachment 311110

EDIT: As you can see I enjoy raiding the German u21s :D
Nice players!! Hopefully you will manage without Steinbacher. I see that you don't have a back-up tactic. Is that wise? I do, but of course I always stick to the usual one.

'tempo to 0' is 0 clicks to the left and 0 clicks to the right i.e. in the middle

'tempo to 0' is 0 clicks to the left and 0 clicks to the right i.e. in the middle

wrong mate. tempo 0 means all the way to the left. all sliders, with some exceptions like through balls, go from 0 to 20. so the middle as you say is not 0 but 10 out of 20. just wanted to clear this up :)

Hey James, I've not made the same mistake again. No way i'm updating!!! On average it's taking a good 3-4 weeks before anoyone tweaks/makes a tactic that works remotely good on a new patch.

The poor thing is...once you've updated it won't allow you to go back to an old patch...poor showing from SI in my opinion...but it's only an opinion.

I'm so annoyed at myself! The only reason i updated was so i could play a network game with a friend, now I don't even have a tactic to play for my own personal save.

So aggravating how patches just ruin tactics...i mean I know i didn't make it, but still they should just keep one match engine for the whole way through the game and actually take the time to improve it properly for the next years game. Not change little things slightly here and there like ever 3 or so weeks so we have to start retweaking perfectly good tactics.

Rant Over.Mature hat back on :)

*With Mature Hat on*

@Crags, do let us know either via twitter or on here if there are any updates on this tactic or you find some other thai tactic! Ill let you know if i see anything too!

wrong mate. tempo 0 means all the way to the left. all sliders, with some exceptions like through balls, go from 0 to 20. so the middle as you say is not 0 but 10 out of 20. just wanted to clear this up :)

so people are seriously getting better results playing ultra slow tempo?!

so people are seriously getting better results playing ultra slow tempo?!

I tried it a few times with different teams, but it doesn't seem to work for me at all.
When I slide the tempo to 0, my team in not able to create any chances whatsoever.

The only tweaks I made:
General Training - Offensive (High)
Match Training - Def. Positioning
Dropping the defensive line two notches down.

Currently, this combo seems very stable and it is placing my West Ham team second in PL - with no signings at all.
INFO Edit: Just beat Man Utd 3-1 at Old Trafford.

Last edited:
I tried it a few times with different teams, but it doesn't seem to work for me at all.
When I slide the tempo to 0, my team in not able to create any chances whatsoever.

The only tweaks I made:
General Training - Offensive (High)
Match Training - Def. Positioning
Dropping the defensive line two notches down.

Currently, this combo seems very stable and it is placing my West Ham team second in PL - with no signings at all.
INFO Edit: Just beat Man Utd 3-1 at Old Trafford.

Good work fella!

Are you using any shouts?