I'm so annoyed at myself! The only reason i updated was so i could play a network game with a friend, now I don't even have a tactic to play for my own personal save.

So aggravating how patches just ruin tactics...i mean I know i didn't make it, but still they should just keep one match engine for the whole way through the game and actually take the time to improve it properly for the next years game. Not change little things slightly here and there like ever 3 or so weeks so we have to start retweaking perfectly good tactics.

Rant Over.Mature hat back on :)

*With Mature Hat on*

@Crags, do let us know either via twitter or on here if there are any updates on this tactic or you find some other thai tactic! Ill let you know if i see anything too!
I have to agree/ will do mi old

I tried it a few times with different teams, but it doesn't seem to work for me at all.
When I slide the tempo to 0, my team in not able to create any chances whatsoever.

The only tweaks I made:
General Training - Offensive (High)
Match Training - Def. Positioning
Dropping the defensive line two notches down.

Currently, this combo seems very stable and it is placing my West Ham team second in PL - with no signings at all.
INFO Edit: Just beat Man Utd 3-1 at Old Trafford.

its important that you use the 4 shouts: push higher up(except for away games if youre a weak team, get ball forward, play wider, pump ball into box
change crosses to drill
with those tweaks the tempo 0 should work a treat.

its important that you use the 4 shouts: push higher up(except for away games if youre a weak team, get ball forward, play wider, pump ball into box
change crosses to drill

Has anyone tried this?

Has anyone tried this?

nah tempo to 0 never worked for me. and when I think about it, it makes no sense. the 4 shouts encourage a sense of urgency but tempo to 0 means you're playing at a snail's pace. contradictory. i didn't touch anything in the tactic apart from drop the d-line a couple of notches and drill crosses which are known to work great with this tactic and they do.

match prep (thanks to theblueza/tanaka)
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-1-4-6-0-4-4-2-tanakastyle-4.html#post1692337

no OI. if i am winning with 10 minutes left then I shout retain possession and pass to feet and change strategy to contain. and i am doing great with swansea on 13.2.3. none of these tips are new. they have been suggested by people in earlier posts and they work great for me except the tempo to 0 thing which never worked for me. will upload screenshots at end of season

Last edited:
nah tempo to 0 never worked for me. and when I think about it, it makes no sense. the 4 shouts encourage a sense of urgency but tempo to 0 means you're playing at a snail's pace. contradictory. i didn't touch anything in the tactic apart from drop the d-line a couple of notches and drill crosses which are known to work great with this tactic and they do.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/113351-%5B13-2-2%5D%5B29-01-13%5D-tactics-4-2-3-1-4-6-0-4-4-2-tanakastyle-4.html#post1692337

no OI. if i am winning with 10 minutes left then I shout retain possession and pass to feet and change strategy to contain. and i am doing great with swansea on 13.2.3. none of these tips are new. they have been suggested by people in earlier posts and they work great for me except the tempo to 0 thing which never worked for me. will upload screenshots at end of season

So basically you have the original tactic from the OP, with the crossing changed to drilled. How many notches/clicks have you reduced the d-line by? And you are not using shouts, correct?

So basically you have the original tactic from the OP, with the crossing changed to drilled. How many notches/clicks have you reduced the d-line by? And you are not using shouts, correct?

yep exactly what you said. d-line goes down two clicks. no shouts apart from when i'm winning with 10 minutes left to go. then i change strategy to contain and shout retain possession and pass to feet. having a problem with red cards. matches i have lost points in this season have been because i had 10 men on the field. might play around with the tackling setting and see what happens.

I also made sure I played 8 friendlies and mostly against very small reputation teams and that helped a lot as my whole squad was match fit with great morale heading into the season

Last edited:
lol I also have serious issues with red cards. Wilshere got sent off in three straight games at one point haha

Great formation used it with my everton in the 5th season when i struggled to qualify for 5th place in previous seasons with other formations, i lost only 2 games all season and won the premier league! :) Great Work! ;)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-1-4-6-0-4-4-2-tanakastyle-4.html#post1692337

yep exactly what you said. d-line goes down two clicks. no shouts apart from when i'm winning with 10 minutes left to go. then i change strategy to contain and shout retain possession and pass to feet. having a problem with red cards. matches i have lost points in this season have been because i had 10 men on the field. might play around with the tackling setting and see what happens.

I also made sure I played 8 friendlies and mostly against very small reputation teams and that helped a lot as my whole squad was match fit with great morale heading into the season

Will try this see if it works for me. been playing around with this n got a decent 4231 not saying its good but it okish for my ragers but nearly anything is for them lol

Good work fella!

Are you using any shouts?

I haven't been using the 4 shouts, really. I tried them a few times with other teams, and it it didn't seem to make that much of a difference for me. Might have another go with them sometime soon to see if they work.

change crosses to drill

I forgot to say that I already set cross to drill. That was a part of the version I downloaded (which included corners).
So far with no shouts, my three latest games included: beating Man Utd 3-1, Liverpool 5-2 and Arsenal 0-0 - with West Ham.
With that being said, I have the shouts saved and might try them out if it makes sense later on.

Last edited:
Just found this 13.2.3 beta

Inspired by Modern Warfare, and after it stopped working in 13.2.3 patch, I began to adopt its approach and created a fast quick one-touch passing.

(Keep it Simple, Stupid) is a 442 attacking tactic that will create plenty of chances from the wings and through the middle.

So far, its been great result and back to winning ways and winning BIG!

The joy is back.
http://www.footymanager.net/modules/tactic/tactics_view/2
View attachment 311554

No shouts. Using Ast Manager to handle Training.

Last edited:

Inspired by Modern Warfare, and after it stopped working in 13.2.3 patch, I began to adopt its approach and created a fast quick one-touch passing.

(Keep it Simple, Stupid) is a 442 attacking tactic that will create plenty of chances from the wings and through the middle.

The joy is back.
Download 13.2.3 KISS 442.tac from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Thank god for that, what instructions are required? shouts? match prep? drill crosses? as much detail as poss if u can mate as im struggling

if you wondered the tempo 0 + drill crosses + 4 shouts results. two guys posted earlier here their newcastle results with those tweaks. both won the league first season

The joy is back.
Footy Manager Network - Tactics
View attachment 311554

Doesn't seem to work for me. Bad football and losing

You might win the league as the toon with tempo as 0 but in general that's just not going to happen. Newcastle man managed properly by even a half brain van win the league. This is the reason i presumed tempo = 0 was right in the middle. SI nor anyone sane is going to let ultra slow football be a dominant system

The joy is back.
Footy Manager Network - Tactics
View attachment 311554

How you finding it cragswfc?