Modric claims deal to leave Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 9K
im not talking about that, talking about the pressure etc created by making the whole thing public, much more likely to unsettle him. Chelsea set out to unsettle him from day 1

Its not illegal lol, so i couldnt give a **** (keeping my language clean)

Sigh. Some clubs just have no class what-so-ever.

The way i see it if a player was so commited to a club then no matter what he wouldnt want out. Got nothing to do with the club at all. Modric wants to better himself in wages and club chances of winning trophies simple as that.

The way i see it if a player was so commited to a club then no matter what he wouldnt want out. Got nothing to do with the club at all. Modric wants to better himself in wages and club chances of winning trophies simple as that.

Again, he is still under contract. Levy isnt interested in what he wants, but what is best for the club. Right now he feels that means holding onto him

That's most likely the reason.

If what has been said tonight is true about Sir Alex giving up on Samir, then I'd love for us to go all out and try and steal Modric from under Chelsea's noses. Afterall, he'll have an even better chance of "winning trophies" etc etc as you keep saying.

Anyone can be committed to a club. I'm sure Modric was when he signed the deal. But then when when you get Chelsea staff approaching you offering you this and that then you would consider your future.

Would you consider John Terry committed to Chelsea? The man who very nearly went to Man City.

At the end of the day, you couldn't give a **** about what your club does as long as it doesn't get caught out.

Last edited:
Anyone can be committed to a club. I'm sure Modric was when he signed the deal. But then when when you get Chelsea staff approaching you offering you this and that then you would consider your future.

Would you consider John Terry committed to Chelsea? The man who very nearly went to Man City.

At the end of the day, you couldn't give a **** about what your club dpes as long as it doesn't get caught out.

Disagree with the first bit, since neither Chelsea or United have offered him anything.

Modric has known long before he signed that contract that there was huge interest in him, especially from United. If he had any thoughts on leaving he shouldnt have signed such a long contract, or had a clause inserted into the contract

Disagree with the first bit, since neither Chelsea or United have offered him anything.

Modric has known long before he signed that contract that there was huge interest in him, especially from United. If he had any thoughts on leaving he shouldnt have signed such a long contract, or had a clause inserted into the contract

You must be pretty naive to believe that Modric hasn't been approached by Chelsea.

You must be pretty naive to believe that Modric hasn't been approached by Chelsea.

sigh, you must be pretty ridiculous to make baseless accusations

Again, he is still under contract. Levy isnt interested in what he wants, but what is best for the club. Right now he feels that means holding onto him

Well if he feels having a player who has openly said he wants to move to Chelsea at the club then by all means keep him.

That's most likely the reason.

If what has been said tonight is true about Sir Alex giving up on Samir, then I'd love for us to go all out and try and steal Modric from under Chelsea's noses. Afterall, he'll have an even better chance of "winning trophies" etc etc as you keep saying.

Its a mixture of reasons not just the pay rise. And he has just as good a chance of winning trophies at Chelsea then he does at Utd. Plus he wants to stay in London so unless you are going to move the club with all your fans (lil dig) then he its Chelsea or Spurs for him.

At the end of the day, you couldn't give a **** about what your club does as long as it doesn't get caught out.

Huge huge huge difference, the Terry situation is murky as anything and not once did he come out and say he wants to leave Chelsea let alone say i want to leave and go to a spicific club. Of corse i care how the club does things if its illegal and if you think otherwise they you dont know me at all. Difference is we haven't done anything illegal so i dont care no.

Chelsea may be distasteful in their approach, but lets not pretend Modric is some naive victim here

Flip it. How would you feel if the likes of Barcelona, City etc. acted the way you have for one of your top players, say Terry?

Plenty of players want to better themselves with chances to win trophies. Doesn't mean the buying clubs have to act like dicks with no respect to the selling club.

Lol, your sounding stupid now. Your making the assumption that Modric would only join Chelsea (who at this current time are a better club than Spurs) if Chelsea "tapped him up"

sigh, you must be pretty ridiculous to make baseless accusations

It's the way everything goes nowadays. They will more than likely have met up with him and spoke to him to see if he is interested and such. Don't like it one bit but it does happen more often than not.

Huge huge huge difference, the Terry situation is murky as anything and not once did he come out and say he wants to leave Chelsea let alone say i want to leave and go to a spicific club. Of corse i care how the club does things if its illegal and if you think otherwise they you dont know me at all. Difference is we haven't done anything illegal so i dont care no.

So you ONLY care about legality? Nothing about respect? It's not illegal to sleep with someone else's girlfriend, so you'd be fine with that?

Flip it. How would you feel if the likes of Barcelona, City etc. acted the way you have for one of your top players, say Terry?

Plenty of players want to better themselves with chances to win trophies. Doesn't mean the buying clubs have to act like dicks with no respect to the selling club.

i dont see how we have acted like dicks thats all, if a player dosent want to be at Chelsea then good riddence to him. If Modric was commited to Spurs then it wouldnt matter who wanted him he would want to stay.

Lol, your sounding stupid now. Your making the assumption that Modric would only join Chelsea (who at this current time are a better club than Spurs) if Chelsea "tapped him up"

Modric started making noises in the press soon after Spurs failed to get top 4. Chelsea may have been distasteful in how they do business., but Modric isnt some victim

Back