Modric claims deal to leave Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 9K
Calm down lad ^

Don't see why Chelsea have come back with a reported 27m bid, no doubt that will be rejected if true. Should've just made a £35m bid for him from the start and see what happens. If that's not enough then just move on and pursue other targets.

One things for sure though, if Spurs do end up selling Modric, Levy will look rather foolish (again?) after a number of strong statements regarding Modric's availability. He has to try to keep hold of him if he wants other clubs to respect his stance in future.

Neither one of us said 22 mil is a right price, maybe 32-35 is about right.

if Cesc leaves use all the money on modric? as his replacement ;)

Calm down lad ^

Don't see why Chelsea have come back with a reported 27m bid, no doubt that will be rejected if true. Should've just made a £35m bid for him from the start and see what happens. If that's not enough then just move on and pursue other targets.

One things for sure though, if Spurs do end up selling Modric, Levy will look rather foolish (again?) after a number of strong statements regarding Modric's availability. He has to try to keep hold of him if he wants other clubs to respect his stance in future.

Agree with this, and I can see where CJs angry stance comes from, as ive posted on the Chelsea thread;Some (not all) of the comments from some Chelsea fans have been a little silly re Modric, and expecting Levy just to roll over on this

Calm down lad ^

But don't you see, that was the whole point of the initial offer. Everyone knew that it was going to get laughed off and Levy even sent Chelsea a letter requesting them to stop and to not make it public. But what do you know, they made it public. There was only ever one intention from that bid and it was to unsettle Modric, and that in itself is disgraceful. Sick of the club.

Calm down lad ^

He won't look foolish at all if he forces you to pay top dollar for him.

But don't you see, that was the whole point of the initial offer. Everyone knew that it was going to get laughed off and Levy even sent Chelsea a letter requesting them to stop and to not make it public. But what do you know, they made it public. There was only ever one intention from that bid and it was to unsettle Modric, and that in itself is disgraceful. Sick of the club.

Just because Spurs told us not to make the bid public dosent mean we shouldnt. All we done was bid for a player and 22mill is only being laughed at mainly because of the high prices players have gone for this summer i.e Henderson so people are comparring the 2 players together. Modric would have known about the intrest from Chelsea anyway and nothing stays away from the public these days.

Just because Spurs told us not to make the bid public dosent mean we shouldnt. All we done was bid for a player and 22mill is only being laughed at mainly because of the high prices players have gone for this summer i.e Henderson so people are comparring the 2 players together. Modric would have known about the intrest from Chelsea anyway and nothing stays away from the public these days.

22 million is being laughed becuase hes a top class key player on a 6 year contract at a club who dont need to or want to sell him

Clearly you have done no wrong here. That just shows your teams lack of respect and class. If someone specifically writes to you telling you that a player is not for sale and not to make it public, and you deliberately do then its clear as day what your intentions are.

Chelsea need to sort out their transfer policy. ******* disgraceful.

22 million is being laughed becuase hes a top class key player on a 6 year contract at a club who dont need to or want to sell him

Yer it is low i accept that, but whether Chelsea made the bid public or not it would have got out and Modric would have known.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Clearly you have done no wrong here. That just shows your teams lack of respect and class. If someone specifically writes to you telling you that a player is not for sale and not to make it public, and you deliberately do then its clear as day what your intentions are.

Chelsea need to sort out their transfer policy. ******* disgraceful.

I can see your a little stressed. Its not like we met the player and we have done nothing illegally.

Yer it is low i accept that, but whether Chelsea made the bid public or not it would have got out and Modric would have known.

but it wouldnt have been all over the press, and hugely talked about, different slant

but it wouldnt have been all over the press, and hugely talked about, different slant

But if Modric still found out Chelsea wanted him (which he would have whether Chelsea went public or not) then he would surely still have wanted out.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

I can see your a little stressed. Its not like we met the player and we have done nothing illegally.

You simply cannot use 'it would have gotten out' as an excuse for your clubs actions.

As for the last part. It simply wouldn't surprise me the slightest. Would probably put a bet on that considering your past history of dealings.

King Kenny said:
"Hopefully we will do some more business before the window closes but I'm not going to give names because that's disrespectful," he added.

It's not really about legality here...

You simply cannot use 'it would have gotten out' as an excuse for your clubs actions.

As for the last part. It simply wouldn't surprise me the slightest. Would probably put a bet on that considering your past history of dealings.

What the one time we have actually been punished or the other times were accused but found not guilty??

But if Modric still found out Chelsea wanted him (which he would have whether Chelsea went public or not) then he would surely still have wanted out.

im not talking about that, talking about the pressure etc created by making the whole thing public, much more likely to unsettle him. Chelsea set out to unsettle him from day 1

Back