Modric claims deal to leave Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 9K
So you ONLY care about legality? Nothing about respect? It's not illegal to sleep with someone else's girlfriend, so you'd be fine with that?

What the **** has that got to do with football??

Lol, your sounding stupid now. Your making the assumption that Modric would only join Chelsea (who at this current time are a better club than Spurs) if Chelsea "tapped him up"

No. I didn't say that at all.

He was very happy here, then all of a sudden a Chelsea bid comes in and he's unhappy. You can't change a mind that quickly without some sort of swaying influence.

Modric started making noises in the press soon after Spurs failed to get top 4. Chelsea may have been distasteful in how they do business., but Modric isnt some victim

No he isent the victim agreed but this is just a case of players wanting to better himself.

i dont see how we have acted like dicks thats all, if a player dosent want to be at Chelsea then good riddence to him. If Modric was commited to Spurs then it wouldnt matter who wanted him he would want to stay.

You're focusing on Modric. Everyone gets he wants to win trophies, it's the way Chelsea have gone about the transfer.

Ashley Young wanted to move to win trophies, did you see United publicly bidding ridiculously low offers for him though? Your offer was insulting to Spurs it was so low.

No. I didn't say that at all.

He was very happy here, then all of a sudden a Chelsea bid comes in and he's unhappy. You can't change a mind that quickly without some sort of swaying influence.

People do it all the time lol, i wanted spag bol for dinner tomorrow but i might change my mind is something better comes up.

It's the way everything goes nowadays. They will more than likely have met up with him and spoke to him to see if he is interested and such. Don't like it one bit but it does happen more often than not.

Modric started making subtle noises in the press soon after you failed t reach top 4. No secret that hes on 45k, no secret that united or chelsea could triple his wages. They would never have to risk approaching him, simply do what they are doing now and go public, and now they know for certain

What the **** has that got to do with football??

It's an analogy. I find it works perfectly well in this situation. The girlfriend being the player, current boyfriend being the selling club and the one she cheated on being Chelsea.

Sorry if you didn't get that. :(

And you said you don't care about your clubs actions because they're legal. A girlfriend cheating on you is legal, so by your own logic that's all fine and dandy.

i dont see how we have acted like dicks thats all

Clearly you have done no wrong here. That just shows your teams lack of respect and class. If someone specifically writes to you telling you that a player is not for sale and not to make it public, and you deliberately do then its clear as day what your intentions are.

Chelsea need to sort out their transfer policy. ******* disgraceful.

You're focusing on Modric. Everyone gets he wants to win trophies, it's the way Chelsea have gone about the transfer.

Ashley Young wanted to move to win trophies, did you see United publicly bidding ridiculously low offers for him though? Your offer was insulting to Spurs it was so low.

So what lol, it was just a starting offer simple as that. The player wanted to leave Spurs so Chelsea may have thought maybe Spurs just want to get rid of him.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

It's an analogy. I find it works perfectly well in this situation. The girlfriend being the player, current boyfriend being the selling club and the one she cheated on being Chelsea.

Sorry if you didn't get that. :(

I got it but it dosent reference football at all. Its not even on the same line in terms of wrong doing.

i dont see how we have acted like dicks thats all, if a player dosent want to be at Chelsea then good riddence to him. If Modric was commited to Spurs then it wouldnt matter who wanted him he would want to stay.

People do it all the time lol, i wanted spag bol for dinner tomorrow but i might change my mind is something better comes up.

No no no no no. How is that in any shape or form as significant as this. That will have no change to your life so completely irrelevant.

@Mike, I'm pretty certain that Modric is not on 45k a week. More along the lines of 70-75k so...yeah.

No no no no no. How is that in any shape or form as significant as this. That will have no change to your life so completely irrelevant.

@Mike, I'm pretty certain that Modric is not on 45k a week. More along the lines of 70-75k so...yeah.

Was rumoured he is on near 50k as was being said he could treble his wages at Chelsea.

So what lol, it was just a starting offer simple as that. The player wanted to leave Spurs so Chelsea may have thought maybe Spurs just want to get rid of him.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

I got it but it dosent reference football at all. Its not even on the same line in terms of wrong doing.

This whole discussion is based on respect. You said you don't care because it's legal. Legality and respect aren't exclusive to football.

A real world analogy works better, if I used a football one then we'd be in the same position. My analogy highlights the rights and wrongs of the situation in a different context, making the points more clear. It's the whole point of an analogy.

Definition of analogy: a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based: the analogy between the heart and a pump.

It works perfectly fine. Cute how you're deflecting the point and refusing to answer my question.

This whole discussion is based on respect. You said you don't care because it's legal. Legality and respect aren't exclusive to football.

A real world analogy works better, if I used a football one then we'd be in the same position. My analogy highlights the rights and wrongs of the situation in a different context, making the points more clear. It's the whole point of an analogy.

Definition of analogy: a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based: the analogy between the heart and a pump.

It works perfectly fine. Cute how you're deflecting the point and refusing to answer my question.

This is a football thats why your not being cheated on

You say it doesn't reference football at all, but then you mentioned spaghetti bolognase for dinner and changing your mind.......

hes on 45k with bonuses that can take him close to 60k, so yeah wages can be tripled

This is a football thats why your not being cheated on

Answer my question. Would you be fine with a girlfriend cheating on you, since it's legal despite the complete disregard of respect for your feelings?

Answer honestly now.

You say it doesn't reference football at all, but then you mentioned spaghetti bolognase for dinner and changing your mind.......

Food is more important than cheating girlfriends.

Answer my question. Would you be fine with a girlfriend cheating on you, since it's legal despite the complete disregard of respect for your feelings?

Answer honestly now.

But morally its not right is it. But i still dont think we have done anything wrong, Modric wants out and Chelsea want him.

Back