Modric not for sale, insist Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 162
  • Views Views 9K
No, point taken.

Because diamonds need to be played perfectly else they'll fall apart. Wonderfully effective if used correctly, but if not then they'll get ripped apart by width. It could be argued that it's becoming an extinct formation, what with the likes of Spurs beating Italian champions Milan when the latter were using a 4-3-1-2. It's far too reliant on the trequartista, a position that is less prevalent nowadays, to be the creative outlet and it is far too easy to stop him.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

-50, you could have St Totteringham's day in October.

Also what with Lampard getting old and not-actually-that-good-anymore. And his bollocks performance for England t'other day from AMC. Perhaps needs to be dropped back a bit?

I would LOVE to have St. Totteringham's day in October.

EDIT: @Cjacko - but the point was you were saying sell a DM: Essien, Mikel - what's the point when you need to make room for a CREATIVE player? That's just making another unnecessary gap in your squad.

No, point taken.

Because diamonds need to be played perfectly else they'll fall apart. Wonderfully effective if used correctly, but if not then they'll get ripped apart by width. It could be argued that it's becoming an extinct formation, what with the likes of Spurs beating Italian champions Milan when the latter were using a 4-3-1-2. It's far too reliant on the trequartista, a position that is less prevalent nowadays, to be the creative outlet and it is far too easy to stop him.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

-50, you could have St Totteringham's day in October.

Not the I would ever want to get into a tactical debate with you of all people, but wouldn't a narrow diamond help to dominate possession with the numerical advantage in the middle, while having the fullbacks attacking to help to pen the opposition in their own half? Then the main threat is the counter attack, but with a holding midfielder to extinguish any fires, it could still be a useful tactic

I don't get it? Chelsea place bid. Chelsea publically state that they have placed bid. Where are they in the wrong?

"Furious Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is set to report the Blues to the Premier League. He warned Chelsea in writing not to pursue Modric and has now accused them of making public a bid for the player in order to unsettle him."

They didn't do what Levy asked them to do ever so nicely.

If Chelsea get a points deduction for that, then Barca should be in the 3rd tier by now with the Fabregas saga.

EDIT: Forgot the most important reason of all, it's The Mirror.

Last edited:
Not the I would ever want to get into a tactical debate with you of all people, but wouldn't a narrow diamond help to dominate possession with the numerical advantage in the middle, while having the fullbacks attacking to help to pen the opposition in their own half? Then the main threat is the counter attack, but with a holding midfielder to extinguish any fires, it could still be a useful tactic

But that's exactly why it has to be absolutely perfect everywhere. One ball over the top down the wing and they're ******. Plus a) Bosingwa isn't that good defensively, b) Ivanovic isn't that good offensively and c) Ferreira isn't that good at either. Also - the wingers don't really need to track back when facing a diamond. The only width from the diamond comes from the full-backs, so it's full-backs versus full-backs with the opposition wingers left completely free - and if, like in Ivanovic's case, the FB isn't good enough offensively or adventurous enough, the opposition full-back and winger simply pin him back and provide overlapping runs for one another. So the FB ends up dealing with two players with no support.

Ahh, it all adds up now:

- Levi says he is not going to Chelsea Football Club (I have not ignored the rest of the sentence...)

- Modric wants to move to a bigger club.

- Modric wants to stay in London.

- Modric is awesome.

- There is a big Croatian community in West London, especially Shepherds Bush. (This may not be true)

See, it is evident Modric is moving to QPR.

Ahh, it all adds up now:

- Levi says he is not going to Chelsea Football Club (I have not ignored the rest of the sentence...)

- Modric wants to move to a bigger club.

- Modric wants to stay in London.

- Modric is awesome.

- There is a big Croatian community in West London, especially Shepherds Bush. (This may not be true)

See, it is evident Modric is moving to QPR.

You missed out that he wants Champions League football and to challenge for titles ;)

You missed out that he wants Champions League football and to challenge for titles ;)

With the points deduction you're getting, you wont be in the CL either, that leaves Arsenal as the only London team in the CL and i think it's pretty certain he wont go there.

Boom baby.

With the points deduction you're getting, you wont be in the CL either, that leaves Arsenal as the only London team in the CL and i think it's pretty certain he wont go there.

Boom baby.

Even if it did happen (which it won't) we'd still be in the CL because it would affect the point tally next year not this year. Unlucky, still you can keep dreaming though :)

Boom baby.

So he'll go to Palace!

He signed a contract last year that runs until 2016. It’s long, but not as long as the 10-year contract he signed at Dinamo Zagreb.
‘A lot of people asked me why I did that,’ he says ‘They couldn’t believe it. But the club came to me and offered the 10 years and I thought, “Yeah, why not?” I love the club, so I signed. I spoke with my family and my agent beforehand and I knew I would not stay for 10 years.

‘But I wanted to sign it to show I was not looking to leave, while at the same time giving them some protection when it eventually came to me leaving. That was the biggest reason I signed it, because it was best for the club.

Luka Modric: They said he was too small, but hard work has made him Tottenham's star | Mail Online

Replace Dinamo with Spurs and Spurs with ManUtd/Chelsea, we have the repeat..

And that radio conv was hilarious. FM stats to prove who is better? ******* ****.. Simon Vukcevic technical stats pwns them all... :P

And that radio conv was hilarious. FM stats to prove who is better? ******* ****.. Simon Vukcevic technical stats pwns them all... :P

Tbf If Talkshite actually knew that more research goes into one player then they do on a weeks broadasting they might not talk so much ****....

Money is the biggest negotiator. Every player is for sale at a price.

Tbf If Talkshite actually knew that more research goes into one player then they do on a weeks broadasting they might not talk so much ****....

But still quoting FM stats on Radio to prove who is worth what? Not the way..

There is no doubt in my mind that Modric will not leave this summer.

The fact that Levy has made such a bold and powerful statement leaves him with no room to backtrack and this is his reputation respect on the line. IF Modric decides to hand in a transfer request then just stick him in the reserves for 6 months purely to prove a point. That being said I cannot see Modric officially handing in a transfer request.

Unless a utterly ridiculous bid of 60m+ comes in he will be in a Spurs shirt next season.

60 Million plus? You can tempt Barca to sell Iniesta with that money..

There is no doubt in my mind that Modric will not leave this summer.

The fact that Levy has made such a bold and powerful statement leaves him with no room to backtrack and this is his reputation respect on the line. IF Modric decides to hand in a transfer request then just stick him in the reserves for 6 months purely to prove a point. That being said I cannot see Modric officially handing in a transfer request.

Unless a utterly ridiculous bid of 60m+ comes in he will be in a Spurs shirt next season.

Surely a bid of £35M+ would do it? Levy can say he will not entertain any bids, but like with Fabregas, if he wants to go - you'll have to let him go if the right price and buyer comes along. If Barca offer £50m for Fabregas this summer, he will go. If Chelsea/Utd offer £35M+ for Modric, I think he'll go. Same with Berbatov all that time ago.

Back