Monopoly CHAIRMAN GAME

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 523
  • Views Views 39K
View attachment 49826

Huge overhaul at Napoli!

View attachment 49825
It's been a busy summer in Naples, with as many as 6 new player arrivals and a new manager as well! Despite a decent season last year, the Napoli chairman announced that he didn't trust Sarri with the team going forward and hired a Spanish manager to replace him. He was the manager at Barcelona for a couple of years and moved to PSG in mid-June 2018. After just a month in the French capital however, here he is taking on a new challenge in Italy!

View attachment 49816
It was an expensive replacement for Napoli who will be hoping that Luis Enrique takes his success as Barcelona manager forward to this team here that didn't even make it out of the group stages in the Champions League last season! After Enrique's arrival, it is reported that he sat down with the Napoli owner to talk player transfers and see who the Spanish tactician wanted to bring in. Here are some of the arrivals at Napoli, excluding any that might come later this summer from just Enrique's decision-making himself:

View attachment 49815
After Ghoulam's departure to West Ham earlier this summer, Napoli were looking for a new left-back and have done very well in snapping up Alex Telles of FC Porto, who hours before his Napoli move was rumoured to be moving to Manchester City! For a fee of just £18 million, it's a bargain for the Italian side who are getting a left-back as good if not better than Ghoulam, and someone who can still improve at 25 years old.

View attachment 49814
It's another Brazilian who joins Napoli, this time hoping to replace Lorenzo Insigne, who recently moved to Manchester City. For just £17.75 million, this once again can be considered a bargain for Napoli who get an attacking midfielder, striker, left winger and right winger in Luan. His versatility, on top of some World Cup experience this summer with Brazil, should be much needed for Napoli who have struggled up front since last season.

View attachment 49813
After Lenglet last season, it's time for another promising French centre-back to join Napoli. With Chiriches gone to Torino on loan with a future fee of £7 million and Albiol gone earlier last season, Napoli needed some quality back-up for Lenglet and Koulibaly and the former Stuttgart man should do just that. He can also play as a right-back, which should provide some much needed backup for Hysaj on the right hand side of the pitch for Napoli.

View attachment 49812
De Sciglio was on the transfer list at Juventus and Napoli have gone and snatched up one of their rivals' players in the process! De Sciglio is another very versatile player who can play left-back and right-back as well and should provide some great quality to Napoli's side. He also brings some Champions League experience as well, which is a huge positive for the Napoli fans and he should turn out to be a great signing.

View attachment 49811
With Callejon out of favour at Napoli and on his way out, it's clear that the Napoli owner wanted to replace him with some great quality and Robben coming in on a free transfer does just that. The Dutch winger is 34 years old but brings in a wealth of Champions League experience and high-pressure environment experience as well and should be a fantastic player down the right for Napoli this season, provided he stays fit! At 34 years old, he might end up staying just a season or two at the club but could still be a crucial player for Napoli.

View attachment 49810
Napoli's final arrival this summer is a loan and it's Dominic Solanke from Liverpool! The 20-year old is in desperate need of some playing time and with the Italian club struggling up front last season, the English striker should get some great game time and hopefully fix the problem that Sarri was facing last season. Here's our Napoli could lineup next season under new manager Enrique:

View attachment 49809
A solid 4-1-2-3 DM wide system with a lot of depth on the wings and in the midfield as well sets Napoli up for a great season under their new manager as they'll look to finish above the likes of Lazio and Inter and in the top 2, maybe even as Serie A champions at the end of the season. Notable departures from the club include Parolo, who's gone back to Lazio after a year in Naples, Chiriches who's left on loan to Torino and Adam Ounas who's joined Sassuolo after not getting much playing time last season.

The Napoli chairman has announced he's very excited about next season and can't wait for it to start already as he'll be cheering the team to manage a much better season than last year in both the league, domestic cups and the Champions League.

JULY 2018 UPDATE

View attachment 49786

Last season Sampdoria surprised many by finishing in 6th position. This resulted in European football returning to Samp, and hopefully a boost in finance and reputation. The only downside to this is with their current squad, and the lack of strength in depth, Platt and Co will need to be once again be shrewd in their business.

Outs:

View attachment 49785

We knew this day was coming, but hoped due to European football Lucas would give us one more year at the club who helped make him. However when a club with the stature of PSG come in, I guess it was time to let him go, especially for 30.5m. For a club who was in debt, that's a huge addition.

View attachment 49779

Patrick Schick also departed, after his loan move to Roma was made permanent. The 8m we got for him was way short of his value, but this was a deal arranged before the ownership at the club took over. We did however have his replacement lined up, as more pre-arranged deals took place. Duvan Zapata joined permanently for 15.25mil, after a good debut season on loan with us.

View attachment 49781

Having bought Dodo in addition to Zapata (again pre-arranged) we had spent 20milion. With the sales of Torreira, Schick and Budimir we managed to rake in 40mil. We now had 20m left in the budget to spend on trying to improve the squads strength.

WELCOME TO THE NEW BOYS:

View attachment 49774

Matheus Pereira was first through the door as he joined from Sporting Lisbon. A technically gifted attacking midfielder, who can play either behind the strikers, or on either wing, I'm hoping he can add versality and depth. A steal for 4mil.

View attachment 49772

Next through the door was man mountain Simon Deli, who joined for 5.6mil from Slavia Prague. We were massively lacking in numbers at CB, and hope deli can continue to learn and improve from being in Serie A.

View attachment 49770

And lastly we managed to sign a forward in Corentin Jean! Having spent 10mil on Jean, we're hoping he and Zapata can form a classic "big man little man" partnership for years to come. Jean has been tipped for big things in his early career, and whilst his big move to Monaco didn't work out previously, we feel he's a great fit for our squad. He'll certainly add a different dynamic to that of Zapata and Aduriz.

Transfer List -

Ricky Alvarez - 2.5m
Valerio Verre - 1m
Filip Djuricic - 3.5m

David Platt had the following to say after announcing their new singings.

"We're delighted to welcome the new additions to the squad. Whilst we had a good season last year, there are many big clubs in this league, with squads and budgets that dwarf our own. We have to be clever in how we go about trying to close that gap, but its a challenge we're all keen to get started on. Myself and the board have full faith in Marco Giampaolo and his staff, as stability is what we need right now. The players trust him and the fans appreciate all his work so far, long may it continue. Naturally we're disappointed to lose Lucas and Patrick from our squad, but these things happen in football, and their sales led to 5 incoming signings"

When asked his thoughts on other chairman round the league, Platt gave some rather interesting insights:

"We try and focus on what is important for Sampdoria. Right now we're building towards trying to reach the upper echelons of this league and we're doing it methodically. Other chairman, are maybe far too interested in their own profile, than the fans or the players wearing their shirt. It wasn't my intention to mention any names, but there's one in particular who amuses me - Claudio Caniggia. He was a failure at Atlanta. A team who was in the Europa league and had some real talent in their squad, leaves and quits when things go bad?! Maybe he should look closer to home when analysing why Atlanta didn't have a great season. Fairplay though, he's moved on and now has copious amounts of money to spend. Would you trust a failure with that kind of money?! I wish him well in his new role, but I wish his new fans, A LOT OF LUCK. You may well need it!"

A.C Milan made to work hard this summer

With squad clearly lacking in many area's i was looking forward to at least £30m in the bank and a huge income from player sales to fund the purchase of several superstars that would make us title challengers. That was the first sign that this summer was going to suck!

We started with £10m of debt so had to sell off players before we could even start

Transfers
View attachment 49769

In
we managed to make around £10m which could have bought one or two reasonable 30 year olds that may have had a influence but it was also enough to bring in a few back up players and a whole squad of u21s. Nobody i brought in is expected to make a major impact this season so it will be up to the old players of last season to make a bigger impact than last season.

Kids
View attachment 49762View attachment 49761View attachment 49760View attachment 49759View attachment 49758View attachment 49757View attachment 49756View attachment 49755View attachment 49754

Loan stars
View attachment 49768View attachment 49767

Back ups
View attachment 49766View attachment 49765

Out
Thanks to Torino, Sassuolo for giving me some transfer money and Spal for clearing some of my back up players that should help these kids thrive!

The Players that would not be

INTER, God **** the £90m Klippy got for Icardi to spend ruined my summers

M Kean, then L Martinez and finaly A Petagna was the line of Strikers we were ready to submit offer for to be told the champions had already picked them up.

Kean being the one we both wanted. View as the best young Italian forward of this generation for under £10m made worse with him being a A.C Milan fan the black arts of the super agents cost him his dream move.
View attachment 49764

Sergi Palencia was my planned winger but Lazio found £5k more to pick him up while Napoli took Arjen Robben paying 4 times what AC were offering!

While we confounded by our own administrative error meant Fiorentina beat us to Abouchbaka

Season ambition
View attachment 49763
Not sure i agree with being bigger favorites than Inter Milan. I feel the top 3 of Inter, Juve and Napoli are clear of the rest with Ourselves and Lazio having a small advantage going into the season over Roma, Fiorentina & Torino. Sampdoria being the most likely to join that battle but you cant rule out Atalanta under new ownership almost certain to improve on there 14th place under there previous idiot and Sassuolo with a whole new squad. And can SPAL work miracles to survive again?

The real question to the Milan chairman is who will win the League and can anyone get past Juventus and move on to Germany?

"I think Napoli will push Inter and they will both beat out Juventus. Ourselves and the Rome teams can also manage this season if we put together a perfect season with our current resources"

Game progress
Thanks to everyone so far for making a chairman save finally work. Its been a quick week, i think a season a week is a good pace but if people think its too much then say.

We all worked hard this weekend on the game so we'll have the end of August update tonight to see what else went down in the transfer window.

Thanks to everyone so far for making a chairman save finally work. Its been a quick week, i think a season a week is a good pace but if people think its too much then say.
Firstly, I think I probably speak for a lot of people here to just say thanks for running it! I was looking through the forum for FM18 and it looks like a couple people tried to run one and it was never very successful but we've got a great one going now! Made me want to host one again!
Secondly, a season a week is a great pace I think. Personally, I'm always really eager to see how my signings have done and everything so again, a season a week is a great pace. :)

Great! So how about for each week we'll roughly try for this

Monday - Tuesday 1st half of the season, window opens at 8pm Tuesday

Weds Winter transfer window

Thursday - Friday 2nd half of the season , window opens at 8pm Friday

Sat-Sunday - Summer window

We'll all clearly have stuff on and miss out on parts but this will see us get deeper into the game than any chairman save has before

Sassuolo builds for its 100th season

In the year 2020 Sassuolo will celebrate there 100th birthday. We want to do this by winning Serie A so every transfer we make is about having a team to win the title in two seasons time. This season and next we'll be working through as many players as possible to finally trim a squad good enough to reach Europe then build on that with Qualify signings through the summer of 2020 that will lead us to glory in our 100th season.

Transfer 2018

Great! So how about for each week we'll roughly try for this

Monday - Tuesday 1st half of the season, window opens at 8pm Tuesday

Weds Winter transfer window

Thursday - Friday 2nd half of the season , window opens at 8pm Friday

Sat-Sunday - Summer window

We'll all clearly have stuff on and miss out on parts but this will see us get deeper into the game than any chairman save has before
Sounds great!

I hope I can get out of Serie A before too long, I don't know this league very well haha! Any chance of doing the Scottish PL at some point?

I hope I can get out of Serie A before too long, I don't know this league very well haha! Any chance of doing the Scottish PL at some point?

Current Plan is Italy > Germany > France > Scotland.

I’ve seen the schedule but is there an August 31st update so we can see how the managers spent their money + to see European groups before the first half of the season is simmed

I’ve seen the schedule but is there an August 31st update so we can see how the managers spent their money + to see European groups before the first half of the season is simmed
I think he said he would post the August sim tonight :) so I'm guessing Mondays the summer transfer window closes and we see which transfers have gone through, monday nights August update and then Tuesday before 8pm the rest of the sim until Jan 1st? stonecold will have to confirm

Working on that as we speak.

Plan is like last year a July 1st, August update, Jan1st, Feb1st End of season

I think next year i'll try doing the summer transfers in June to split up our business from our managers.

Just wanted to reiterate Linecoigne's comments earlier and say thank you to stonecold for this! It has been really enjoyable so far and I'm guessing pretty time consuming for him. However, I think it's credit to him that we are all so active on this post and in this game.....a sign that everyone is getting stuck in. I, for one, can't wait for every update and am looking forward to seeing how far we can all take this game!

September 3rd

Game Save
Sept 3rd season 2

Balances
Stonecold - AC Milan £29m
Linecoigne1998 - Napoli £22.6m
LiamCFC88 - Lazio £13.2m
Klippybo - Inter £11.6m
Hampus Silverholt - Atalanta £6.5m
danjames101 - Sampdoria £2.7m
RVP20 - Sassu0lo £1.1m
Sheep FM - SPAL (-£400)
TheNotSoSpecialOne - Fiorentina (-£3.7m)
Desbot - Torino (-5.5m)
KillerRoo - Roma (-£5.8m)

Italian Transfer Window closed

We combined to spend £614m
View attachment 49747

July transfers
View attachment 49746
View attachment 49745
So i spend the whole summer scrambling for money then 5 days later Ancelotti sells my star forward for £50m! Napoli will be glad to see that the transfer listing of Allan made them a potential £40m

August transfers
View attachment 49744
Real Madrid by Inter's best center back to give us all a bit of hope they then reinvest some of that in a failed Spurs winger. Napoli basically tade Dies Mertiens for Paco Alcacer. Great shout for the golden boot!. Juventus made some questionable additions

Champions League draw is good for Inter and Napoli, sorry Lazio. group of death for you.

Europa leagues draws all present a challenge but the 3 of us should all get through

No Serie A table to show off as the season has not kicked off yet.

FFS - Buy anyone apart from my best CB!!!!!!

Got ol men Ranocchia and Miranda and my new signings Bastos and Palomino.

And as for Holtby - GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR

A.C Milan chairman goes berserk

Fate is a utter *****! After seeing Roma, Inter and Napoli rebuild with huge cash investments leaving us with underaged scraps i get hiddously insulted to see that Don Carlo manager to shift Andre Silva, the only striker of the 3 in my first team that i wanted to keep for £50m you could think, well that a good deal. Not when we're loosing £4m a months in running costs which means in a good world i will have a balance of £15-£18m left to spend in January, Once again not enough to buy a player that can make a difference and on top of that we lost our leading striker. Getting back into Europe would be an acceptable return on the season and thought of a league challenge are long gone and a champions league spot if a far off dream.

View attachment 49743

We made 2 loan signing which is all the Don deserves after raising £75,000 from the pile of £3-£15m players i listed for him to sell.​

Does anyone else have a problem when uploading images that you can only use an image in one post. ie - i need to use a separate lazio badge in every posy as the ones ive used before dont show up when i upload them.

Milik signing for Bordeaux for only £8million???? What a bargain! I can only assume that Linecoigne didn't transfer list him or want that to happen, cos I would have given your nearly double that for him!

Also danjames101 your gaffer has got you a great signing for only £1.7million in Kjartansson! I managed him at Maccabi Tel-Aviv and he's deadly in front of goal

Also I further the praise for stonecold for setting this up it's bringing back the fun to this year's FM!

Generally I havent liked this years addition, the match engine and unrealistic tactics has ruined it for me. It really bugs me that that 5-2-3 tactic is unbeatable. SI need to fix it so that no tactic is unbeatable

View attachment 49697

Lazio Summer Update

Incoming at Lazio

1) Pedro Neto (£8.5m) & Afriyie Acquah (£11.5m)

View attachment 49729View attachment 49728

These were loaned players last season whom Tuchel deemed fit enough to bring in. I agree on Neto, not Acquah. Anyway, solid backup players to help fill the squad.

2) Marco Parolo (£2m)

View attachment 49727

Marco Parolo rejoins Lazio for £2m only a season after leaving to Napoli for £9m. Great business by the chairman to bring in an experienced player with genuine quality to benefit this teams campaign.

3) Ricardo Horta (£7.5m)

View attachment 49726

At only 23 years old I am buzzing with this signing. Brings much need flair and pace to the team following the sale of Felipe Anderson. This could be the man to really heat things up in the Serie A this year. My prediction for Top Assister.

4) Andre Hansen (£1.4m), Kouadio (£300k) & Marco Chiosa (£2.1m)

A mix of back-up players brought in by myself and Tuchel. These players add depth to the squad which should help in lesser games such as Fiorentina.

5) Mandelli, Boschilia, Palencia, Mayoral & Cutrone

The first three are free agents. I signed the last three with Mayoral and Cutrone on loan adding much needed depth but also quality to the lazio attack. Hopefully they can fire us into the Top 4 again this year.

Chairmen's Expectations

Serie A - "We expect nothing less than top four, in credit we believe teams such as Torino have had great windows however on the other hand teams such as Napoli and Inter appear to have more money than sense. We should finish above them"

Italian Cup - "This is an important tournament for the fans, we strive to go as far as possible although nothing hinges on this"

Uefa Champions League - "We have been drawn against Barcelona, Liverpool and Leverkusen. We should win this group. No excuses not to. If we dont at least come third Tuchel is gone"

Chairmen's Note

"We look forward to this season. After last seasons successes we believe Tuchel and his team can continue our journey. To make the fans proud of their team is the fundamental job and so far i believe this group of players and staff have done that. Long may it continue."
"On the stadium move, we have reached a decisive vote,we will announce the result in the coming days. Let's just say we may need to raise some funds"
"Finally, i'd like to thank the league operator Stonecold for his excellent work. He has made this game really enjoyable to play and has more impressively stuck to it when activity was low, we have a good group of chairmen now so long may this continue"

Last edited:
Back