Half Season Review

View attachment 49463

David Platt addressed the media today to review Sampdoria's first half of the season.

"What can I say, its same old Sampdoria. If you look at our league form its very indifferent. Far too many dropped points against teams we should be beating for my liking, despite the odd good performance against the devisions big boys."

View attachment 49454

Our European adventure has been a bit of a double edged sword for us I feel. A thin squad and a lot of games, means we tire easily, but pleased to have qualified through the group. It's an extremely tough ask to beat Manchester United in the next round, but you never know, they have an off day and we get a bit of luck...who knows"

View attachment 49451

You can see from how our players performed, it's the usual suspects who lead the way. Karol Linetty has been brilliant for us!

View attachment 49449

I'd like to apologise for not posting a final summer transfer update, so please see the image below. Not only has Marco Giampaolo made some poor signings, Bauer hasn't even played a game!! Eagle eyed viewers amongst you will know its a sad day for me seeing Zeca and Aduriz leave the club.

View attachment 49446

That's all for now"

A Sky Italia journalist shouted "Any transfer's David, rumour is you applied for an extension on the 8pm deadline?"

Platt smiled before saying "yes unfortunately we bought the same fax machine as real madrid, and the league didn't receive documentation on time. They were made aware of the issue and graciously applied an extension. Once we have official confirmation of the legal stuff I'll be straight in touch, we'll have news for the fans shortly"

View attachment 49444

Last edited:
Udinese Calcio Chairman Chef Boyardee has gotten straight to business after his shocking purchase of the Udine-based club in late December. Staying true to his word, he has kept Gerardo Martino at the helm, given the team is comfortably in mid-table at 10th place, far above the predicted position of 16th place. After considerable time speaking with his manager, Boyardee set out to invest in the squad to reinforce Martino's team and secure Serie A status without drama and possibly push on for a Europa League berth.

Up first is Gianluca Di Chiara, a 25 year old left back from Benevento who can also play as a wing-back, left midfielder, and centre-back. The squad was sorely lacking in depth and competition at left-back, and Di Chiara can fill in that hole.
Our other signing of the January window is Nicola Dalmonte, a 21 year old forward. He can play across the pitch, but is strongest on the right wing and spearheading the attack as a striker. Prior to this signing, there was no player in the Udinese squad that was comfortable and experienced playing on the right wing. Boyardee believes that Lapadula can provide goals and assists for the team, let it be as a striker or on the wing. In his message to supporters, he would like to thank them for their support of the new ownership and promises to continue investing whatever funds he may have available into the squad. He has also told those who would like to support the team to purchase Chef Boyardee food products, such as the signature Chef Boyardee Beefaroni.

February 2nd Update

Game Save
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d1quyfasf9g4k5z/feb 2.fm

Serie A
View attachment 49419
Juventus look unstoppable at the top. A.C Milan remain the the closest rivals just clear of Lazio, Belloti's 3 goals see that Napoli do enough to get into the top 4 while Inter, Roma and Torino wh have been perfect since selling there star striker are just a point or 2 behind. Atalanta & Sassuolo are both on 19 points and yet to really kick on under new managers Cagliari have just sacked there manager too so i dont expect them to be easily caught either.

Transfers
View attachment 49416

Firstly its looking like the January window will be a bust until we get more tv or prize money. If we keep doing well it will come!

The Premiership and Ligue 1 invade our financially crippled teams. Zeca, Alfred Duncan & Nikola Maksimovic will all be badly missed by there teams.

Last edited:

I'd like to apologise for not posting a final summer transfer update, so please see the image below. Not only has Marco Giampaolo made some poor signings, Bauer hasn't even played a game!! Eagle eyed viewers amongst you will know its a sad day for me seeing Zeca and Aduriz leave the club.

View attachment 1165650

I know how you feel, Leicester nabbed my star left back Barreca without my say too! 7.20 average rating :'(

5 wins out the last 5 league games since the transfer window! Hopefully my gamble has paid off!

Glad my sweet departed prince Belotti is still on flames at Napoli too :wub::'(

Last edited:
Interest in the game seems to be growing and since we are some way off getting to the SPL (smaller player count) I think we should fill up the league.

Know its late to the game, any chance of taking Bologna?

Interest in the game seems to be growing and since we are some way off getting to the SPL (smaller player count) I think we should fill up the league.

Yep your in. Sadly you have just missed the transfer window but the summer transfer window will be here on Friday night so not long to wait. Till then have a look at the rules on the OP and any questions or problems leave me a message.

That's right gentlemen, leading Bolognese sauce suppliers Dolmio have taken over Bologna(who could have ever seen that happening, am i right?). A corporation taking over one of Italy's most beloved clubs has been met with trepidation from the clubs fans, and they will have to go very far to ensure that the loyal fan base is kept onside, and that other clubs are still happy to deal with them.

Wanting to avoid any unnecessary changes, and with the transfer window already closed, the club have announced that Michael Laudrup will continue in charge of the side until at least the end of the season. Links with Sam Allardyce have been written off as childish rumours.

With the club currently in 11th, onward and upwards is the message, with a view in the future to signing youth and players of the Italian nationality. All players are considered available for the right price in the future, and hopefully with the support of the established chairmen in the league, loans can be reached to help both all parties.

Until next time, Ciao!

Yep your in. Sadly you have just missed the transfer window but the summer transfer window will be here on Friday night so not long to wait. Till then have a look at the rules on the OP and any questions or problems leave me a message.

Brilliant, tbh it does help give me time to see the squad without making rash decisions! cheers for the help!

View attachment 49403

Following on from the announcement that Sampdoria had successfully managed to extend the deadline by 1 hour last night, as promised David Platt addressed the media today.

"This has been a difficult season for the club. It is with huge sadness that I have to announce Marco Giampaolo has been sacked as manager of Sampdoria. Whilst Marco vastly overachieved last season, this yeat we've been poor and unfortunately couldn't steady the ship. Everyone associated with Sampdoria would like to thank Marco for his work.

However, i'm delighted to announce our new manager......ROBERTO MARTINEZ. We hope he can re-energise this group and bring he attractive football he's famous for.
View attachment 49402

In terms of transfers, please welcome our new signings!

View attachment 49401
Ntcham - 1m - Lazio

View attachment 49400
Chambers - loan

David finished the news conference by stating "Ultimately we have to accept we're in a relegation fight! Hopefully Roberto can save our season, and build for the future."

Quite simply I have no update to give for Lazio's January. Nothing happened to impact our squad.

Whenever I see stonecold is 'looking' at this thread, it always excites me that an update could be on its way....Have to admit I've never been excited by another man before, so this is a new emotional rollercoaster I'm experiencing XD