Monopoly CHAIRMAN GAME

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 523
  • Views Views 39K

David Platt addressed the media at the mid way point of the season with Sampdoria.

View attachment 1164248
August/September 2017

We began August in good form after a pleasing 2-1 opening day victory against Fiorentina, with Aduriz scoring what would prove to be the winner. An away draw against Torino, followed by another 2-1 victory, this time over Udinese. However a disappointing 0-0 draw away at Cagliari halted our good start, and following a poor 2-1 defeat at home to Bologna, we tasted our first defeat of the season. How would the boys respond? Fantastically, with a memorable 3-0 victory away at Lazio, a side with a far superior squad and budget.

View attachment 1164253

Following that triumph in Rome, the boys were feeling confident and managed to beat Atlanta 2-0 with this man bagging a brace.

View attachment 50616

Many critics scoffed when we decided to bring in now 36 yr old Aduriz. His experience in front of goal has been vital in the early parts of the season, and with some talented youth in the squad, I hoped he could help lead this team.

With 2 wins on the bounce, maybe we'd settled down and could take this confidence into our next games...how wrong was I. Our inconsistency reared its ugly head again, as we lost 2-1 at home to Verona!! No disrespect to Verona but if we have any sort of European ambition, we have to beat these sort of teams! Not the ideal preparation for our next 2 games, which were away at Inter and home to Napoli. We lost 2-1 at Inter, to seal a disappointing October.

In November we were keen to try get this group back on track. So a home game against one of the elite sides in Napoli was a real test for the lads. We scraped a 1-0 through a 73rd min Caprari penalty. Next up was a trip to Juventus, where we were soundly thumped 3-0. This tough run of games as completed with a
0-0 draw against Roma who's owner is out spoken
Hugo Caldeira ;), the Roma fans were heard throughout the game chanting for Caldeira to be removed from his post. The most disappointing result of the month was losing 2-0 AET against Benevento in the cup.
View attachment 50615

December needed to be a big month for us, however we are just so infuriatingly INCONSISTENT. We started well with narrow victories over Spal, and avenging the cup loss against Benevento. Back to back wins! Maybe we'd turned the corner?! Maybe not.....3 straight defeats followed against Crotone, Genoa ad Sassuolo! However we did finish the year with a 3-1 win over Chievo. This left Sampdoria in 6th position.

View attachment 50612

On reflection 6th is above where I believe we'll finish up. Whilst we have some great talents in the squad, there's also some which are either not good enough or under-performing. I'm disappointed in Pineda and Salcedo not playing a game yet, but this is due to non EU slots already being taken.

TRANSFER LIST

RICKY ALVAREZ - 3.5m
VALERIO VERRE - 1.5M

LOAN LIST

ORBELIN PINEDA (50% OF WAGES)
SAUL SALCEDO

There will no incoming transfers this month, as we have a couple of financial issues :)

The message is clear.....Any serious offers for any players will be considered

Last edited:
View attachment 50590
Sassulo Update

After a very average first half to the season, Sassulo sit mid table on 23 points. Chairman KillerRoo has announced Guus Hiddink will remain in charge for the remainder of the season.
KillerRoo has stated he believes Hiddink can pull the team into form for the second half of the season.

Sassulo Transfer List:

Simone Missiroli - 5m
Davide Biondini - 500k

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to target anyone don't worry, he's the one person who has literally not posted anything though other than asking if his manager had signed anyone after the transfer window closed last summer XD I get what you mean though, quite frustrating...

Thisis always a issue, hence why we have the inactivity rule. If anyone is not responding to messages then please let me know as if you have not got time to respond to a message then this save is not for you. I'd rather we have 4/7 of us active than 12 with 6 not involved

Once January is passed I'll message any chairman we've deemed not to see enough of or has not been cooperating and it will act as a warning if they intend to keep playing. Get active or their team will go elsewhere before the summer transfer window opens

Once January is passed I'll message any chairman we've deemed not to see enough of or has not been cooperating and it will act as a warning if they intend to keep playing. Get active or their team will go elsewhere before the summer transfer window opens
Sounds fair enough mate. Btw, in case a team does become available, would they be treated as just normal domestic transfers?

View attachment 50589SPAL

With the team sitting 18th (one place below what was predicted at the start of the season). SPAL owner has went all out giving SPAL manager £8.5 MILLION to spend.

The manager has already sent £8 MILLION of it bringing Felipe Caicedo and Davide di Gennaro from Lazio for £5 MILLION and £3 MILLION respectively. Although neither player has played much this season and finding themselves out of favour at Lazio. It is hoped that the become key players for SPAL and help them rise up the table

Sounds fair enough mate. Btw, in case a team does become available, would they be treated as just normal domestic transfers?

Up to you guys really. I'm up for a owner changing teams, priority going to the lowest placed chairman upwards or making them domestic and everyone sticking with there current teams. Would be nice to see all the top sides managed making it more fair on all players having a more level playing field?

Up to you guys really. I'm up for a owner changing teams, priority going to the lowest placed chairman upwards or making them domestic and everyone sticking with there current teams. Would be nice to see all the top sides managed making it more fair on all players having a more level playing field?
I just figured if halfway through the season someone isn't active anymore and their club becomes available, the transfers with that team could become domestic transfers and then at the end of the season, chairmen have the opportunity to switch clubs?

th

NOT A GOOD START FOR ATALANTA!!!!!!

Claudio Caniggia yet again had an outburst by criticising both the manager and the players as Atalanta are at a lowly 16th in the table, out of the Italian Cup and failed to progress past the group stage in the Europa League.

He said - " Yes we are aware that we are not at the level of Juve and Napoli but we should be much better than this! The style of football has not been good enough in fact it is awful we have only scored 14 goals in 18 league games!!!"

"We strengthened the squad with attacking players but they are not performing and we are left to question if it is the players or the tactics and we need to decide soon as this cannot go on!"

Caniggia also questioned the managers choice of foreign players - "We knew we had 3 new non-eu players but he didn't choose to register Everton, who plays in a position that we are short in numbers yet he registers Schmidt and only plays him 4 times!!!!!"

--

ATALANTA PLAYERS AVAILABLE

Samir Nasri - £15m
Diego Capel - £1m
Andreas Cornelius - £3.5m
Remo Freuler - £15m
Andrea Masiello - £1m

I just figured if halfway through the season someone isn't active anymore and their club becomes available, the transfers with that team could become domestic transfers and then at the end of the season, chairmen have the opportunity to switch clubs?

If a club starts the season under chairman status thats how it stays till the start of next season. So say you said today to were not playing anymore Napoli would have no involvement outside what the AI does till the summer of the next season.

AC Milan Transfer List
DL R Rodriguez £20m
DC M Musacchio £15m
DR I Abate £5m
DL L Antonelli £5m
MC Jose Maui £4m
DC G Gomez £3m
DC J Vergara £3m
MC R Montolivio £2m
MC A Pirlo £1m

Free
GK M Storari
GK A Donnarumma
MC Juan Mauri
AM N Odumandi

Loan
ML Faitout Maouassa
ML/AT Rodrygo
AMC Emanuel Vignato

All other players open to offers and i will listen to offers if your taking more than 1 player or player swaps. basically in short anything!

Last edited:
Transfer List (Old post deleted)

REDUCED PRICES

Felipe Anderson - £27.5m - Now £24m
Felipe Caicedo - £7m (SOLD)
Jordan Lukaku - £6.5m - Now £5m
Davide Di Gennaro - £4m (SOLD)
Mauricio - £3m - Now £2m (SOLD)
Dusan Basta - £1m - Now £0.25m (SOLD)

Senad Lulic - £15m - Now £10m
Luis Alberto - £24m - Now £20m

Please feel free to PM me to negotiate
All players free to leave if an acceptable bid is made.

Last edited:

Less than 24 hours till the windows slam shut. 7pm tomorrow i finish work and any transfer not to me by then will not be processed, unless is a duplicate but so far there is non of that.

2 Jobs for you guys
- Send me a list of the players you want transfer listed in the sale
- Note of if you want your manager replaced or sacked, and if sacked who you want to take over. REMEMBER compensation will come from your remaining January budget. Liam88, Killeroo, DesBot & Klippybo i know your plans the rest need to get in touch.

My plan after that is
1 Get any transfers i get messaged updated in the save
2 Transfer list all they players you request transfer listed in the save
3 Sim January and post results

After that we'll have a quiet day on Thursday, Think we all could do with a break

Friday evening i plan to sim the second half of the season through to July 1st and the transfer window. By then i would like to hear from the following managers about there participation going forward

Smithc18 - Inter
Hugo Caldeira 1234 Roma
Smiffylad654 - Genoa

We'll decided these teams futures if they'll be taken over or become a domestic transfer team if there owners dont stay and write up our end of season reviews with transfer listed players in time for the transfer window opening on Saturday, with it remaining open all weekend

Last chance to grab some bargains from Lazio, check my last post

If I had any money, I'd potentially be after a couple of your players....maybe in the Summer if they haven't left the club!

7pm thats the window closed. All buisness will be processed and a update will be up soon

7pm thats the window closed. All buisness will be processed and a update will be up soon
Lincoigne messaged me about a deal before the window closed. His inbox is full and i couldn't confirm because of this. Could we still have this put through i he gets back ASAP

Lincoigne messaged me about a deal before the window closed. His inbox is full and i couldn't confirm because of this. Could we still have this put through i he gets back ASAP
Hey mate sorry about that, I didn't notice I had so many messages stored! I just emptied everything so I'll message stonecold since I'm guessing you're accepting the offer I made?

Sorted guys. I've been busy with Kids since i came home so i'm just away to edit and post all the transfers

Back