C2C - Bruno Gaspar Fiorentina - lazio £1.35m

SPAL
C2C - Caicedo - Lazio - SPAL - £3m
C2C - Di Gennaro - Lazio - SPAL - £5m

Atalanta
DOM 1 Leonardo Spinazzola - Juventus - Atalanta £2.2m

Were now ready to sim January and i hope to have that posted tonight

Chairmen
On the chairman front one of the three, Inter Smithc18 was very gracious to let me know he wont be back so Inter will certainly be up for grabs in the summer. No word from Genoa or Roma and time is running out for them too. I'll entertain offers for teams once the season is over, This was just a update on where we are.

Nice to see more activity and at least the Inter chairmen was honest and humble regarding the situation. Will do my update post at the end of January sim

Last edited:
I won't be changing. I'm sticking with Fiorentina through thick and thin now....especially now I've got to know the squad and signed some of my own players etc... Good to see him being honest, but such a shame that people put themselves forward in the first place if they can't commit (its not like its not clear in the very first post from stonecold). If anyone else is reading this and interested in jumping into the game, then maybe put your name forward for a club now....be good to get more players, although I'm enjoying this even though there is only a handful of us playing! I'll also do an update after the January sim :-)

I won't be changing. I'm sticking with Fiorentina through thick and thin now....especially now I've got to know the squad and signed some of my own players etc... Good to see him being honest, but such a shame that people put themselves forward in the first place if they can't commit (its not like its not clear in the very first post from stonecold). If anyone else is reading this and interested in jumping into the game, then maybe put your name forward for a club now....be good to get more players, although I'm enjoying this even though there is only a handful of us playing! I'll also do an update after the January sim :-)

Totally agree ith this, sign up quick before teams start to go. I am also very much enjoying this. I think the people who have been committed have all upped the standard of the game and made the game enjoyable.

Totally agree ith this, sign up quick before teams start to go. I am also very much enjoying this. I think the people who have been committed have all upped the standard of the game and made the game enjoyable.

I'm thinking about starting a public feud through the press with another chairman to spice it up even more ;-)

If anyone else is reading this and interested in jumping into the game, then maybe put your name forward for a club now

Yep totally guys! Looks like we'll have 3 new spots to fill. Not sure how we go about prioritising who gets 1st pick ect, Im leaning towards people already in the save thats prove themselves, in reverse league order then new players can pick whats left

The Inter guy was really nice about it all. Not his fault he couldnt keep playing

January 2018

Game Save
Feb 1st

All Transfers
View attachment 50357
Inter and Roma's next chairmen are set to have a field day with mega investments, Icardi especially! who would not love a extra £100m in the bank!

Outside of this a lot of chairmen get rid of there unwanted players, i fail to move on a single guy, Sulk!

No managers were sacked yet and only 1 has picked a replacement we'll see if this happens before the end of the season.

Serie A
View attachment 50356

Uncontrolled Inter bring the fight to Juventus but have lost lost there top player & scorer opening the door to Napoli, Lazio & Torino who are still well in the hunt. MY Ac Milan team show no signs of slowing down my hair loss, its going to be a long 18 months till we get this squad cleared out and the finances sorted. Spal are just a point above the bottom 3 with Atalanta also in serious dangers and Sassuolo the final controlled team in any sort of danger.

My season has two outcomes. Either we are a tad more consistent and finish top 4. (2pts off), or we completetly collapse,Tuchel gets sacked and we go broke. That would be fun i suppose.

Last edited:
Didn't expect the table to be this close to be honest! With the challenge being to win the league instead of Juve for once, it might happen a lot sooner than expected! Decent stuff from Sarri so far though, although there are literally no individual standout performances so far which is a little worrying...

Fiorentina Update

il_stemma_di_fiorentina.jpg

Fiorentina Chairman Not Happy!

A bad January has left Fiorentina chairman, Bert Ernie, fuming! Speaking at the start of the month, Ernie recognised the need for his manager to get more consistency with the results and felt there were a run of games coming up where his side could put some points on the board. However, it hasn’t turned out that way as Fiorentina immediately recorded back to back losses against Bologna and Sampdoria!

View attachment 50351

In fact, Fiorentina only picked up one win this month and that was a 2-0 victory over Verona, which Ernie says may have just about saved manager Stefano Pioli his job….for now! Tensions are clearly very high between manager and chairman, but Ernie has insisted publicly that his manager will be given until the end of the season, describing himself as a fair man that thinks Pioli deserves a full year before receiving judgement from the board. However, bookies are making Pioli odds on to be sacked in the Summer, barring a miracle recovery in the league with many saying a finish outside of the top 6 will spell the end of Pioli’s Fiorentina career.

The outspoken Bert Ernie went on to address a couple of other issues, confirming rumours that he is upset with his team’s performance in relation to one other side in particular. Ernie said “I can’t believe we are allowing ourselves to be outperformed by Lazio….****** Lazio of all teams. How on earth are my team below them, especially with HIM in charge”. It is unknown what Ernie’s problem is against Lazio chairman Giovanni Ferrero, but there are widespread rumours that there is a personal dispute between the two. We await comment from Ferrero to see if he can shed any light on the issue as Ernie was clearly far too upset to comment today!

View attachment 50355
Very Strong January for S.S Lazio

January results

In games against Udinese, Benevento, Cagliari and SPAL. Lazio recorded four wins from four, scoring a total of seven goals and conceding zero. This form has seen Lazio climb back into title contention and earning them a top four place.

View attachment 50354View attachment 50353

Italian Cup

Lazio have played the first leg of the Italian Cup semi final which was the home leg to Juventus. The result ended 2-0 subsequently ending Lazio's hopes of winning the trophy unless an unforeseen miracle occurs in Turin. Lazio where unlucky in the match itself suffering three injuries in what was an even match.

View attachment 50352

January Transfer Window

Following the previous update in which Lazio fans were assured that money would be spent to benefit the team, they were not disappointed with Lazio spending around £16m in the window.

Major signings included Juventus player Andrea Barzagli who enters Lazio providing an experienced head in defense who should boost Lazio's short term aims for a price of £2.25m.

View attachment 50350

Elsewhere Lazio spent £4.2m on Rafa. The winger had been on loan at the club with 8 contributions through goals or assists already this year. Lazio simply paid his loan buyout clause.

View attachment 50349

The remainder of Lazio's busy window was as follows

In
Patrick Cutrone - Loan
Bruno Gaspar - £1.4m
Andrea Pinamonti - Loan
Afriyie Acquah - Loan
Ermin Bicakcic - £3.8m (£5.5m)
Denis Vavro - £2m (£3.1m)
Gustav Wilkheim £1.1m

Out
Marchetti - 350K
Felipe Caicedo - £3m
Di Gennaro - £5m
Dusan Basta - £1.5m
Wallace - £500k
Djordjevic - £1m
Senad Lulic - £10.75m
Mauricio £2.4m

Chairmans Note

"Following a very busy January, I am very pleased with how this club is progressing. The Staff, Players and Fans have all been outstanding. This year our aim was to be competitive. We won the Italian Super Cup, We currently sit in the top four, have a Europa League knockout round and we still have a slim chance of cup progression. We have been successful so far. To continue this development we believed spending was a must and with some major names as well as young talent coming in we believe we have strengthened. With sales such as Lulic we also believe this creates a chance for players such as Wilkheim and Felipe Anderson.

We hope to continue our good fortunes and would like to thank the league operator Stonecold for his excellent work.

FORZA LAZIO

Last edited:
Very interesting that 7 of Juventus' 9 draws are against CM controlled teams

Can predict a collapse for Inter without Icardi

Response to Fiorentina to be expected ASAP

Last edited:
Very interesting that 7 of Juventus' 9 draws are against CM controlled teams

Can predict a collapse for Inter without Icardi

Response to Fiorentina to be expected ASAP

How have you loaned Acquah from us? Was that Tuchel and Mazzari’s doings? I don’t remember agreeing to that ?????? Also you nabbed Cutrone on loan ahead of me ????????????

How have you loaned Acquah from us? Was that Tuchel and Mazzari’s doings? I don’t remember agreeing to that ������ Also you nabbed Cutrone on loan ahead of me ������������
Tuchel apparently has a good eye for talent. Yeah that was his doing lol

Tuchel apparently has a good eye for talent. Yeah that was his doing lol

Haha fair enough, Mazzari keeps letting backup players leave despite us having no strength in depth or funds to replace them! Good thing he’s doing a good job results-wise

View attachment 50336

Mid-season review:

A couple of new arrivals at Napoli this January, most of which might be considered underwhelming by the fans but it seems that Napoli's lack of finances have definitely come in the way of more quality signings.

The arrivals:

View attachment 50335
Wagner on loan is probably the oddest arrival for Napoli, as the German striker comes in on loan until the end of the season looking to fix Napoli's lack of goals coming from their strikers. He should be a good backup striker who can do a good job but whether or not Sarri decides to use him remains to be seen as the Bayern-owned striker is yet to play a game with his new colours.

View attachment 50334
Basta comes in from Lazio as a backup right-back and again, an older player but with a low wage and his versatility, he should be a great asset for Napoli down the line if some players get injured or just aren't performing at all.

View attachment 50333
The last arrival for Napoli was Wallace, also from Lazio. Originally supposed to be a backup centre-back, Sarri seems to have approved of the signing as the Brazilian has played 2 games for his new club already, performing a lot better than he did with Lazio so far this season. It should be a promising sign for Napoli and they'll be hoping his form continues.

The results and table:

View attachment 50332
View attachment 50331
Letellier has said to be pretty disappointed with Napoli's results this month. The wins against Sassuolo and Crotone were definitely good results, but draws against Chievo and Inter definitely angered the French owner, reports say. In addition, the defeat to Genoa was unacceptable and it is also reported that Letellier came down to the changing rooms himself after the game to reprimand the players. With some exciting games coming up in February against the likes of Milan and Fiorentina in Serie A, Porto in the Europa League and Inter in the TIM Cup semi-final 2nd leg, there's potential for Napoli to go on a great run and finally break Juventus' title reign in Serie A if they play even better than in the first-half of the season.

View attachment 50272

Lazio Club Statement

Lazio chairman Giovanni Ferrero called a press conference today in response to comments made by the Fiorentina chairman.

He said...

"When I made my decision to join Lazio, it was to begin our Journey to greatness and in our first season I believe we have shown great progress, so far.

I understand that some clubs, especially of a lower standard such as Fiorentina, may be upset by our development. They must look at us and think why can't we be there. The reason for that is simple. They lack quality, they lack finance and they lack passion. These are all attributes that we have at Lazio"

When asked about his relationship with Bert Ernie, Ferrero responded...

"I didnt even know who he was until I was informed of this nonsense. To improve his team maybe he should focus on his team. His response to our success is idiotic and pathetic. We are Lazio, Who even is Fiorentina. I think Bernie has to chill out and accept that his current position is the new natural order in Italy"

#ForzaLazio

Last edited:
This is not over ;-)
I'm pretty sure Bert Ernie is going to have a response to this come the end of the season!

Back