Most Comprehensive Tactic Test in FM-Base History

• Thread starter Thread starter Lucho616
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 500
  • Views Views 378K
Deadly Circle Counter_B85D7A8C-0D70-44A6-BB30-DFED90029115.fmf This needs a test.. Not sure if its good with IR but best underdog tactic ive tried if u play the matches.

Deadly Circle Counter_B85D7A8C-0D70-44A6-BB30-DFED90029115.fmf This needs a test.. Not sure if its good with IR but best underdog tactic ive tried if u play the matches.

It seems to be a good tactic. I tested it on one of my personal save games. But as far as I can see the tactic is a set, counter as starting tactic and attacking for getting the lead. Its impossible to test a set tactic with this kind of test.

I could test the tactics separate, but I don't think thats a good way for testing the tactic set.

Btw, the test team is more a sub-top team not an underdog one. So I don't know if should test the counter or the attacking one.

It seems to be a good tactic. I tested it on one of my personal save games. But as far as I can see the tactic is a set, counter as starting tactic and attacking for getting the lead. Its impossible to test a set tactic with this kind of test.

I could test the tactics separate, but I don't think thats a good way for testing the tactic set.

Btw, the test team is more a sub-top team not an underdog one. So I don't know if should test the counter or the attacking one.
Test the counter one... He says thats the main tactic...other one is if ur pressing alot and cant get the goal... i havent used attacking yet tho

Hi,

I been lurking for a while.

Wonder if you guys can test this few tactics from SI ?

h tp://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/444768-4-3-3-Bayern-Style-High-Possession-amp-Pressing?p=10643348&viewfull=1#post10643348

h tp://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/447837-Tianxia-All-Under-Heaven-for-16-2

h tp://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/445566-Liverpool-Possession-Tactic-with-a-Very-Attacking-intent!-Ultimate-Doom!

Thanks.

Greatly appreciate if you guys do.

How is it Mahluk has the best Defence with no holding player in midfield plus the players being in MC strata?

I mean i dont doubt it, neither the fact that this is a good tactic (it is, i tryied it myself, and its even better because its a common formation, with wingers which i also like) but how the **** are we supposed to create our own tactic if common sense doesnt work and things changing patch after patch?

Dont know maybe the problem is that all those guides are not in my native language and cant understand what i am supposed to understand.

Hope we have you back soon and thanks for your contribution again.

Hello guys,

May you know if i can find somewhere at forum all stuff which would make it possible to test some tactics?

I would like to test few tactics.

The only thing missing in the spreadsheet which i think is VERY important is tracking how many CCC (clear cut chances) the tactic created.
If I win a few games with 1-0 but the CCC's are 1-7 it means i just got lucky, (or unlucky depending on which side you played) and creating lots of chances for me is more than how many points I got.

If you create lots of chances and scoring opportunities, bad luck will filter out and for me (but that's just me maybe) that is what defines a good tactic.
If I consistently create lots of CCC while the opposition is not getting many, it means I will have the best odds of winning.

But football is no exact science, of course.......

Is this thread still a thing? they have not tested any tactics for ages

Yeah, I remember I was following this thread regularly during holidays only to find out, not much was happening.

I can only speak for myself, but I have been and still am super busy with other things. Trying to get my master's degree done, next to working and having two kids under 3 :) When I'm done with my master I will have more time for FM again :)

+ it's a lot of work to do this testing, so I think we will probably wait until final patch before we test that extensively again. If not, all our work will be for nothing when a new patch comes...

How is it Mahluk has the best Defence with no holding player in midfield plus the players being in MC strata?

I mean i dont doubt it, neither the fact that this is a good tactic (it is, i tryied it myself, and its even better because its a common formation, with wingers which i also like) but how the **** are we supposed to create our own tactic if common sense doesnt work and things changing patch after patch?

Dont know maybe the problem is that all those guides are not in my native language and cant understand what i am supposed to understand.

Hope we have you back soon and thanks for your contribution again.

Common sense / logical thinking has never been "good" in FM :) It's a game, and the only way to find out what's working well is the trial and error method :P

The only thing missing in the spreadsheet which i think is VERY important is tracking how many CCC (clear cut chances) the tactic created.
If I win a few games with 1-0 but the CCC's are 1-7 it means i just got lucky, (or unlucky depending on which side you played) and creating lots of chances for me is more than how many points I got.

If you create lots of chances and scoring opportunities, bad luck will filter out and for me (but that's just me maybe) that is what defines a good tactic.
If I consistently create lots of CCC while the opposition is not getting many, it means I will have the best odds of winning.

But football is no exact science, of course.......

First of all, I don't know if there is a way to know the amount of CCC for and against in a season. There is a screen showing the last 50 matches (Tactics->Analysis or something like that) but that don't cover the whole test league season's 62 matches.

Another thing, this ME and older ME have a very "strange" way of categorize if a chance is CCC or half chance or just a shot. I saw one-on-one chances falling into half chances and shots with two defenders in front of the shooter as CCC.

One last thought, this thread and tactic testing, has the main objective of knowing which tactic get more points in a "fair"/controlled context.

That been said, there is a, IMO, big part of "luck" (as you said) or randomness as we said in the OP, in a regular game on a normal save game. But in this testing league, we (Mr L.) had removed almost all the randomness we could off the game.

I re-tested a couple of tactics just for the sake of, well, testing the testing environment, and they came out with a point difference of +/- 3 points. But, there where some matches that in the first test were a win but in the second were a L and, of course, the other way around. So, its look like the game is somehow compensating that "lucky" win (or lose) the tactic get (with another "lucky" lose or win).

Anyway, thanks for the comment, it gave me food for thought. Hope my answer will make the same to you.

Yeah, I remember I was following this thread regularly during holidays only to find out, not much was happening.

Hey DoubleR, I'm struggling in this patch too! (Saw your comment in another thread and felt identified).

I'm very busy too, like Mr. L, with RL things. My wife (and I) are giving birth in a month or so, and I have a big work project that have to be done by that time. So, I'm planning to extend the testing break until the final patch come out. It's a lot work (time consuming) to test a tactic and IMO the best way to have an accurate all-around test is with the full test (underdog, mid / sub-top and top teams).

Had a few questions:
Anyone remember when did 15.3 patch come out last year?

There have to be an update soon with the winter transfers, right?

Hey DoubleR, I'm struggling in this patch too! (Saw your comment in another thread and felt identified).

I'm very busy too, like Mr. L, with RL things. My wife (and I) are giving birth in a month or so, and I have a big work project that have to be done by that time. So, I'm planning to extend the testing break until the final patch come out. It's a lot work (time consuming) to test a tactic and IMO the best way to have an accurate all-around test is with the full test (underdog, mid / sub-top and top teams).

Had a few questions:
Anyone remember when did 15.3 patch come out last year?

There have to be an update soon with the winter transfers, right?

I think it was in last week of February last year

Back