Most Comprehensive Tactic Test in FM-Base History

• Thread starter Thread starter Lucho616
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 500
  • Views Views 378K
Thanks Lucho! :D

I understand you are implying that I am using an illegal version of the game, and to that i say f*** you. I have bought every game since the 2008 version.

As these test are done in a custom database, they are only as good as the results they are compared to. How do you propose one should use the 16.2 testresults of Ballista, when no other tactics have been tested? I am very curious to hear your answer, smart***.

Because you cannot compare the ME on two different patches? Its like comparing how a certain apps run on an iPhone 1 and iPhone 6.. you are going to get totally different results

Because you cannot compare the ME on two different patches? Its like comparing how a certain apps run on an iPhone 1 and iPhone 6.. you are going to get totally different results

I am not looking to compare the tactics towards each other and use the best tactic across both patches, but i can use the old spreadsheets to see what result parameters good tactics in the 16.1.1 patch provided. Because the testing conditions are the same, (Actually they are a little different, with the updated mental stats, but i think thats almost negligible) a 16.2 tactic that have similar parameter results to the top tactics in 16.1.1 will probably perform similarly in a real save.

Beeing on the top of the table after 38 matches still wins you the league, even though its 16.2

Last edited:
Thanks Lucho! :D

I understand you are implying that I am using an illegal version of the game, and to that i say scr*w you. I have bought every game since the 2008 version.

As these test are done in a custom database, they are only as good as the results they are compared to. How do you propose one should use the 16.2 testresults of Ballista, when no other tactics have been tested? I am very curious to hear your answer.

There are no test results to compare it to yet, as it has been a busy Christmas :) Testing will pick up again soon I think! (Then you will get results to compare it to)

Would you like to test this tactic.

I Don't know if anyone has posted this tactic yet, but on SI Games forum is excellent tactic called 1-2-2-3-3 Tweebier plug and play great results. I used it on two saved test games in Holland & France where I started unemployed and I've taken a job with bottom half league club in the second tier of that country between October/December of 2015. And won promotion to the top tier, plus second tier league title in the first season without buying in any new players and just working with one's I have.

It's worth a go at the tactic, there's two tactics: for a strong team use attacking tactic and for a weaker team use control tactic.

Created by Tweebier

1-2-2-3-3 Tweebier plug and play great results

Last edited:

I Don't know if anyone has posted this tactic yet, but on SI Games forum is excellent tactic called 1-2-2-3-3 Tweebier plug and play great results. I used it on two saved test games in Holland & France where I started unemployed and I've taken a job with bottom half league club in the second tier of that country between October/December of 2015. And won promotion to the top tier, plus second tier league title in the first season without buying in any new players and just working with one's I have.

It's worth a go at the tactic, there's two tactics: for a strong team use attacking tactic and for a weaker team use control tactic.

Created by Tweebier

I second this. Tactic is very very good

Are you gonna start testing again soon?

There are some results in the spreadsheet, but I will be testing more this week.

If you want to help me pointing tactics, there are a lot of new ones and don't know were to start :P

Happy New Year!

Lucho, did you find some tatic better than your 911?

Last edited:
Which version of 1-2-2-3-3-Tweebier was tested? Attacking or control?

Attacking version. Sorry, I'll add that information to the spreadsheet.

Actually most people say control version is better. It would be interesting to see how it performs. Thanks for your hard work. :)

Created by Tweebier

Tweebier's tactic is good, but I believe with a little tweak it could be much better. Some instructions make no sense, like one WB has tight mark and close down more while the other has not; one CD has more direct passing and the other one doesn't; one roaming playmaker has shoot less often and the other one doesn't; and so on. Some PIs should be removed and other's added. And all set pieces could be improved.

Imagine if a perfecionist tactician like TFF could tweak it, how good it would be...(H)

Tweebier's tactic is good, but I believe with a little tweak it could be much better. Some instructions make no sense, like one WB has tight mark and close down more while the other has not; one CD has more direct passing and the other one doesn't; one roaming playmaker has shoot less often and the other one doesn't; and so on. Some PIs should be removed and other's added. And all set pieces could be improved.

Imagine if a perfecionist tactician like TFF could tweak it, how good it would be...(H)
on the other forum Tweebier explained perfectly why those instructions are so weird and different - just to confuse the opponents. and to be honest - i don't give a **** what instructions he used - the most important is that it's working, working really wonders, maybe actually cos of those weird instructions in it ;) ?

on the other forum Tweebier explained perfectly why those instructions are so weird and different - just to confuse the opponents. and to be honest - i don't give a **** what instructions he used - the most important is that it's working, working really wonders, maybe actually cos of those weird instructions in it ;) ?
There is no such thing as "confusing the opponents". If an instruction like tight marking works for the WBL, than it works for the WBR, since his tactic is symmetric.

But I'm not saying it's a bad tactic, on the contrary, it's a very good one. He certainly found a way to score more goals than any other tactic I have seen so far. But can it be improved? Certainly. It's a matter of fine tuning a few details that can make his tactic even better.

maybe u're right m8, but from the other side, u know.. it's still just the game, and not always everything working like in real football life, maybe this is one of those cases where this weirdo assymetric doing the job :).

Back