Most Comprehensive Tactic Test in FM-Base History

• Thread starter Thread starter Lucho616
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 500
  • Views Views 378K
First of all, I don't know if there is a way to know the amount of CCC for and against in a season. There is a screen showing the last 50 matches (Tactics->Analysis or something like that) but that don't cover the whole test league season's 62 matches.

Another thing, this ME and older ME have a very "strange" way of categorize if a chance is CCC or half chance or just a shot. I saw one-on-one chances falling into half chances and shots with two defenders in front of the shooter as CCC.

One last thought, this thread and tactic testing, has the main objective of knowing which tactic get more points in a "fair"/controlled context.

That been said, there is a, IMO, big part of "luck" (as you said) or randomness as we said in the OP, in a regular game on a normal save game. But in this testing league, we (Mr L.) had removed almost all the randomness we could off the game.

I re-tested a couple of tactics just for the sake of, well, testing the testing environment, and they came out with a point difference of +/- 3 points. But, there where some matches that in the first test were a win but in the second were a L and, of course, the other way around. So, its look like the game is somehow compensating that "lucky" win (or lose) the tactic get (with another "lucky" lose or win).

Anyway, thanks for the comment, it gave me food for thought. Hope my answer will make the same to you.

That is correct. There is no point in checking CCC stats, as the game counts chances wrong... There are many half chances that are more clear cuts than the ones that are counted as clear cuts...

To the testers:

You have no obligation at all to test. We appreciate your effort and your contribution. My only complaint is that you could have let us know you are busy, earlier. So we don't have any expectations and don't visit the site every 2 hours or so. Other than that looking forward to the next patch.

disappointed that this has been completely abandoned... in my opinion the most credible of all testing systems.

disappointed that this has been completely abandoned... in my opinion the most credible of all testing systems.

It hasn't been abandonded. It's just too much work when a patch breaks all the work. In final patch, we will be back.

new patch. looking forward to more testing. I would be glad to contribute to testing, if it's somewhat not a pain in the ****, as well.

New patch changed barely anything in the ME, OP prob stands as is for the most part.

Chill guys :) Let there be a variety of good tactics for the newest patch first :)

"barely changed the ME" means that all testing must be re-done anyways. Even the slightest change in the ME can have huge consequences for a tactic...

Chill guys :) Let there be a variety of good tactics for the newest patch first :)

"barely changed the ME" means that all testing must be re-done anyways. Even the slightest change in the ME can have huge consequences for a tactic...

MR L, here's the ME changes in 16.3.0 :

MATCH ENGINE

- Stop keepers punching the ball when making a save from a penalty
- Prevent a player from taking a throw in from behind the goal line
- Give more time at the end of the match when a team wins a competition
- Fixed missing commentary for competition win at the end of a shootout
- Fixed throw in issue which caused dead time

I don't think that any of these changes can have "huge consequences" ;)

MR L, here's the ME changes in 16.3.0 :

MATCH ENGINE

- Stop keepers punching the ball when making a save from a penalty
- Prevent a player from taking a throw in from behind the goal line
- Give more time at the end of the match when a team wins a competition
- Fixed missing commentary for competition win at the end of a shootout
- Fixed throw in issue which caused dead time

I don't think that any of these changes can have "huge consequences" ;)

Is it confirmed that this is the final patch?

Hey guys! Lucio (in our test team) has just become a dad, so he will be busy with other stuff, and I think Francesco is very busy too. I am working a lot these days myself, and it's way too much work for one guy, so I'm sorry, but you have to wait a little more :P

would it be possible to have your game so i can do some testing on my own?

Hey guys! Lucio (in our test team) has just become a dad, so he will be busy with other stuff, and I think Francesco is very busy too. I am working a lot these days myself, and it's way too much work for one guy, so I'm sorry, but you have to wait a little more :P

Congrats Lucio!!

I just wanted to make sure you guys knew we appreciated your tactic testing.

would it be possible to have your game so i can do some testing on my own?

Sorry, we prefer to keep the database ourselves, as to get accurate test results it is necessary to follow every single testing criteria 100%, and we can't trust randoms to do that. We have a test-group on Skype, and make sure we do everything 100% equally for every test. However, I hear Lucio may be coming back already, so hoping we can get going soon :)

Sorry, we prefer to keep the database ourselves, as to get accurate test results it is necessary to follow every single testing criteria 100%, and we can't trust randoms to do that. We have a test-group on Skype, and make sure we do everything 100% equally for every test. However, I hear Lucio may be coming back already, so hoping we can get going soon :)

Like Mr L said I'm starting to test tactics today, so expect new results (if my son and wife allow me)!!

Back