Most Comprehensive Tactic Test in FM-Base History

• Thread starter Thread starter Lucho616
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 500
  • Views Views 378K
I have a suggestion: repeat the test with the top 5 tactics, just to evaluate the level of randomness of the game. I'm almost sure a new test would have results quite different.

I have a suggestion: repeat the test with the top 5 tactics, just to evaluate the level of randomness of the game. I'm almost sure a new test would have results quite different.

Actually, I have re-tested over 10 tactics to confirm accuracy, and at MOST, the points difference is FIVE (can be more, but not by much) points in a re-test. It's a very accurate test. We have also made it clear on the front page that we will not find "the best" tactic, because we have to calculate -15/+15 points (very safe margin) randomness in the tests.

Last edited:
Do you try to test these tactics at lower league clubs in lower leagues around the world?.
Because I like to use possession base football tactics (tiki taka or total football style etc.) and try use the tactic at English levels 7,8,9 or 10, maybe managing in different counties like Jamaica, New Zealand or even one of African nations.
Trying play football the right way through league prymid or highering the standard football in lesser nation.
So many of these testing league etc are top heavy in the bigger clubs in the bigger leagues around the world testing these tactics.

Do you try to test these tactics at lower league clubs in lower leagues around the world?.
Because I like to use possession base football tactics (tiki taka or total football style etc.) and try use the tactic at English levels 7,8,9 or 10, maybe managing in different counties like Jamaica, New Zealand or even one of African nations.
Trying play football the right way through league prymid or highering the standard football in lesser nation.
So many of these testing league etc are top heavy in the bigger clubs in the bigger leagues around the world testing these tactics.

Our test is definitely NOT a top team test. Far from it.

Do you have recommendation for tactic that might work at those levels trying to play tiki taka/total football possession base style tactic.

I just got a post from a guy playing in the lower leagues on my thread:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...50883-mr-langvatn-fm16-tactic-center-114.html

He uses the 4-2-3-1 Spin the Wheel Updated at home and the 4-4-1-1 Spin the Wheel Away. Undefeated 25 games with media prediction 23rd team. Those "spin the wheel" tactics are possession based.

Sometimes it's really frustrating to submit messages in this forum.. somehow it denies me saying either links or "forbidden words".

Anyways I'll just post a print screen of what I was trying to say and work around it that way.

View attachment 199163

Sometimes it's really frustrating to submit messages in this forum.. somehow it denies me saying either links or "forbidden words".

Anyways I'll just post a print screen of what I was trying to say and work around it that way.

View attachment 999337

Hi there!

The point of our test isn't necessarily to find "the best" tactic, but to provide people with a lot of information about how each tactic plays, and what the strengths are in each tactic. This is nice information to have when creating new tactics. For example, if you want a good set piece routine, you can have a look at the tactic that scored most corner goals, conceded least corner goals, scored most IFK's, conceded least IFK's, etc etc. That possession wasn't a typo, it just hadn't been fixed to the AVERAGE formula yet, instead of the SUM :P We do SUM for the whole line, then change to average for three parts.

The size of the test will be increased in the final patch of the game, but we see no point in burying ourselves with work in a patch that is very soon going to be out of date. I encourage you to instead of looking only at the top one and the bottom one, to look at all the information, and see from that what might best fit your team :)

Last edited:
The USV 433 is by far the best tactic made for FM16 but nobody seems to give a ****.
[FM16] USV 4-3-3 Tactic
Trust me, it's way better than the tactics that are tested here...

USV 433 got me back to back promotions from vanarama south to championship. great tactic. exciting football. wing backs are amazing on it. unfortunately i didn't continue the save because the board built a new stadium of 4 thousand with an expansion up to 10. i wanted them to build a bigger stadium once in the prem. i wasnt waiting another 2o plus years to build my super club

USV 433 got me back to back promotions from vanarama south to championship. great tactic. exciting football. wing backs are amazing on it. unfortunately i didn't continue the save because the board built a new stadium of 4 thousand with an expansion up to 10. i wanted them to build a bigger stadium once in the prem. i wasnt waiting another 2o plus years to build my super club

So, everyone seem to have deleted all their saves with the "USV" tactic xD Anyway, doesn't matter, ME v1630 is here! Back to the drawing board for all tacticians!

Hi Mr L could u test my tactic thanks -

fmf.gif
File Type: fmf

Rogers ReBorn.2_15E76581-F687-40A6-83A7-0FA51CC041DD.fmf‎ (39.9 KB, 18 views)

thanks alot mate, ps you know you can remove upto 50,000 items at once by using shift and scrolling down.

Hmm, that did nothing here. Could you explain more how to do this? Seems I can't get passed that 500 items max filter.

Back