Bendtner is overrated in my opinion. In my Arsenal save he has scorred 22 goals 1 more than RVP.

Yuri Zhirkov on two occations now has become my first choice Lw on two Chelsea saves and has absoloutely ripped the premeir league apart. He has scored alot of goals and got alot of assists. Looking at what he has done so far for Chelsea in real life sugests he is quite over rated on fm but then again Chelsea have hardly given him a chance since signing him.

Eurelho Gomes
every time i watch him play he makes stupid mistakes, but he's been awesome for me in my tottenham save and won goalkeeper of the year

Gomes and Frey for goalkeepers, those two make me laugh whenever I get to watch them...

Heskey should have like 10 finishing..
Kevin Gameiro, I guess his consistency is 20 on the game, but in real life.. Gets 4 goals in 6 games then can't score 5 games.
Di Natale's technical ability..
Sergio Romero has 19 one on one , is that even when compared to Casillas', Reina's and Cech's ability?

Although I am a Real Madrid fan, i think that Raul Albiol's concentration is a bit over reality.

there are more but I'm lazy.

Last edited:
Torres by recent form is the most overrated player in FM 11.

That being said, I also despise Dimitar Berbatov in game. He recently went 23 hours without scoring a single goal for me in my recent Man Utd save.

For me, playing and having a decent knowledge on the Bundesliga, I think that many of the new Bayern youngsters seem better than they are IRL, the biggest change to be made is Contento, his greatest game ever made was against Lyon last year in the CL. Alaba didn't show anything and he is considered as a big prospect. There's also more but that's what I can think of right now.

Daniel Kofi Agyei and Khouma Babacar. Zlatan is still a bit overrated, but not as much as in earlier FM's.

Last edited:
For me, playing and having a decent knowledge on the Bundesliga, I think that many of the new Bayern youngsters seem better than they are IRL, the biggest change to be made is Contento, his greatest game ever made was against Lyon last year in the CL. Alaba didn't show anything and he is considered as a big prospect. There's also more but that's what I can think of right now.

Alaba has been great at Hoffenheim and the Austrian national team. He's a big prospect and his new deal with Bayern was deserved.

Every player with high speed/acceleration attributes. Don't get me wrong, most of them are fast as heck IRL also, but in FM the speed attributes seem more than often to be primary. Eg. In my old Sunderland save I've seen Bent dribbling past two or three players before applying a cool finish numerous times. I'd surely like to see that happening so often in real matches! Same thing goes with the likes of Chicharito or Defoe, whom are no doubt fast and decent finishers, but how in the world do they do those defence splitting dribbles? Not with the stats they have at least. oO)

Oh, and no.1 overrated player? Steven Gerrard, hands down. Obviously he is an accomplished player, but my lord is he a freaking demi-god in FM 11. *waits for the wrath of Liverpool fans* :p

paul scholes averages about 6.50 from about 20 games & is my only midfielder (1st eleven & subs) who hasn't had at least 1 assist or goal :/ sad because he's a true talent in reality...

Coloccinis good for a few red cards and a couple of own goals a season as i found out to my cost last year!

In my opinion, there are two extremaly overrated players on FM 11 - Pastore and Hulk. Of course, in real life they are quality players, but they are not SO good. I was playing for some time with Palermo, but I gave up becouse of Pastore - in first 15 games he scored about 20 goals, made also over 10 assists. When I was managing Aston Villa, I've bought Hulk, who destroyed my save. He ended his first season in England with over 50 goals in 40 apperances. After that season I gave up, it was extremally unrealistic=)

Browsing back the pages, so many posts on this thread could be avoided if the poster knew about how certain attributes work.
Not to mention that I'd trust the arduous effort and detail that's gone into the player research than anybody on this thread.