Most overrated player on FM 11?

hhmm Conca, he is a great player.... try Valdivia instead mate :)

Messi and Ronaldo when they come up against my Villareal team :)

balazs dzsudzsak and eren derdiyok, they always seem to destroy me when i play agaisnt them yet are nowhere near that good IRL...

aslo when Darren Bent was still at Sunderland, him and Gyan would tear me to pieces, I know Bent has a good scoring record IRL but him and Gyan were the best partnership i've ever seen in FM...

aslo when Darren Bent was still at Sunderland, him and Gyan would tear me to pieces, I know Bent has a good scoring record IRL but him and Gyan were the best partnership i've ever seen in FM...

Gyan is a good shout.

Why Dzsudzsak and Derdiyok? they are quality players and it is just matter of time when some of big clubs sign them. I would deffo say Kris Boyd.

I know he had a poor game against Fiorentina, but he was easily their best player against Leece and Inter. Then again, every player has their ups and downs. :S

I'm lucky enough to be able to watch Brazilian league football (ex-girlfriend's studying in Brazil, she streams some games to me. :wub:) and Ganso and Neymar are definitely the top stars of the league.
However, I'm not sure of the quality of Brazil's league compared to the leagues in Europe, so maybes Ganso could be overrated in some aspect..

I'm brazilian and a BIG FAN OF FOOTBALL.And what i can tell you people is if ganso stays healthy he will be better than fabregas.And isn't just me saying, Sócrates( one of our gratest shirt 10 player ) said that ganso plays like no one played in brazil in the past 20 years! his vision and control of the match are just unbelievable! his performances in last year Brazil Cup (won by Santos) were just TREMENDOUS,he ALWAYS created CCC's for his teammates,3 at least every match, and when they couldn't score,he resolved with long shots.I mean,he's a COMPLETE SHIRT 10 PLAYER.You'll hear about him in the next 2 or 3 years.

About the post,Hulk is surely overrastimated.He is good,but NOT THAT GOOD.Hazard as well...

Heurelho Gomes. He always has a fantastic game against me and is one of the top keepers of EPL in the game, but in real life he is just....

There is no WAY Elia is over-rated, the guy is class for his age!
Neymar is a tad over-rated, bought him on my season and scored 25 on his first season in the EPL, he's good but no way that'd happen in real life.
Hunterlaar is over-rated, his finishing is '20' :|
Bryan Ruiz is as well, who the **** is he?!

i agree on and Ferdinand and Zigic ... but Puyol, Mascherano, Eden Hazard is pure class you can't say that they are overrated thats just bullshit

Puyol, that guy is only brave. He is mediocre, nothing more. He is Barca's first choice just because he is Barcelona's kid. Mascherano, common, 19 marking and 20 tackling ? Every ******* game he's on the edge of red card, and he has 20 tackling?! More like Scholes, he should have 5 for that. Hazard, he is good, but not that good.

Huntelaar isn't REALLY overrated. I probably put him down in my list earlier in the thread. As a penalty box finisher, he is the best in the world, no question. Problem is, a 'pure' poacher of his type doesn't exist any more just because they're too limited.

Please tell me you're not serious?

Tevez and van Persie they both play amazing EVERY game.

Well, yeah. Have you seen them in real life recently?

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Puyol, that guy is only brave. He is mediocre, nothing more. He is Barca's first choice just because he is Barcelona's kid. Mascherano, common, 19 marking and 20 tackling ? Every ******* game he's on the edge of red card, and he has 20 tackling?! More like Scholes, he should have 5 for that. Hazard, he is good, but not that good.

Righty ho. So, explain to me why Puyol has nearly 100 caps for Spain then?

Huntelaar isn't REALLY overrated. I probably put him down in my list earlier in the thread. As a penalty box finisher, he is the best in the world, no question. Problem is, a 'pure' poacher of his type doesn't exist any more just because they're too limited.

Well, yeah. Have you seen them in real life recently?

Righty ho. So, explain to me why Puyol has nearly 100 caps for Spain then?

I hate FM poachers. There's no room for Owen, Van Nistelrooy or Huntelaar in the game. Real poacher should have only high attributes for first touch, finishing, decisions, anticipation, positioning and balance. Diego Milito is one great poacher IRL, but he is more like complete foward on FM. His dribbling is 16, common?!

There's no one better. Spain never had good CB, well, in recent history.
he was chosen to captain barca and the spanish national team due to his on pitch leadership quality. you need strong characters at the back to give your team the stability and confidence. puyol display such character at the defence.
Found this. And I agree with it.

Last edited:
I hate FM poachers. There's no room for Owen, Van Nistelrooy or Huntelaar in the game. Real poacher should have only high attributes for first touch, finishing, decisions, anticipation, positioning and balance. Diego Milito is one great poacher IRL, but he is more like complete foward on FM. His dribbling is 16, common?!

Eh? In what sense is there "no room" for them in FMl? Off the ball movement is a huge atrribute. Milito's dribbling is pretty **** good.

There's no one better. Spain never had good CB, well, in recent history.

Found this. And I agree with it.

If he was as bad as you were suggesting, the likes of Albiol and Marchena would have overtaken him long ago. Puyol is a wonderful defender: rugged, powerful, excellent positionally, a superb tackler, a great marker, a good headerer of the ball, decent pace and his mental strength is second to none.

kadlec, agbonlahor, fraizer campbell, walcott

Are you just listing quick people or something?

Last edited:
kadlec scores to easily at his age at the top level, he only has 12 goals in 55 games in real life in the czech league so going to the prem and hitting 15+ 1st season is too good, the other 3 just finish chances to easily compared to real life, walcott and gabby are too of my favorite players but they never seem to so the lack of composer their stats suggest its seems pace=better finishing at times is recent versions of fm

Eh? In what sense is there "no room" for them in FMl? Off the ball movement is a huge atrribute. Milito's dribbling is pretty **** good.

If he was as bad as you were suggesting, the likes of Albiol and Marchena would have overtaken him long ago. Puyol is a wonderful defender: rugged, powerful, excellent positionally, a superb tackler, a great marker, a good headerer of the ball, decent pace and his mental strength is second to none.

Yea, forgot about off the ball. FM poachers run with ball often, dribble a lot etc, while RL poachers are always on the edge of offside and just waiting for a good pass. Just look at Inzaghi, yea, he can play poacher role in FM, but that's not it. He's a fox in the box, not dribbler, just like Owen, Van Nistelrooy and some others. Gerd Muller, one of the best poachers ever, king of the box, was always waiting for a deep pass to score. He was the best goalscorer from ricochet. Im just saying that they should separate advanced striker and poacher, its the same to me.

Puyol, he's not bad, i didn't say that, just he is not good enough as Pique and Marquez ( well, at least a year or two ago). Albiol is too much mistake prone, and Marchena was capped 80 times I think. Puyol is great leader, one of the best, no doubt. Just 18 and 19 in FM for marking and tackling is just too much.

Puyol is a class CB when he's not struck too much by injury. Of course now age is catching up, but he is as important for a team as Vidic and Terry, just not as physically dominant.

Oh and John Obi Mikel. I mean he's a decent player to have IRL, but in FM he is monstrous.

Back