Mr Houghs 4-1-2-3 Final Unbeaten

wow this tactic is rubbish, getting pummeled home and away no creative spark and the defence is slow and ****
I would normally help people who are having trouble but seeing as though your obviously a *** i won't

I'm gonna try this with Huddersfield and since you tested it with that team I need some advice. I really wanna fit Pilkington in the system so I'm thinking about making the advanced forwards wingers/inner forwards instead. Do you think it could work and what changes would you make for them and the lone striker?
Did you use Rhodes in this tactic and what role did you give him? He seems to be lacking some creativity and passing for the deep forward and speed for the advanced position.

I'm gonna try this with Huddersfield and since you tested it with that team I need some advice. I really wanna fit Pilkington in the system so I'm thinking about making the advanced forwards wingers/inner forwards instead. Do you think it could work and what changes would you make for them and the lone striker?
Did you use Rhodes in this tactic and what role did you give him? He seems to be lacking some creativity and passing for the deep forward and speed for the advanced position.
I wouldn't play pilkington, or roberts for that matter you need to get yourdelf a better right back and some better defenders. Have a look at loanee's or see what you can pick up on free transfers.

What you have to remember is that you will be playing against people of the same if not less stature and squad quality as yourself, Rhodes will be fine in any of them roles

mr hough have used this tactic in L1 with scunthorpe i can score loads of goals but seem to conceed a lot as well i dont know whether it is the keeper or defence any ideas

wow this tactic is rubbish, getting pummeled home and away no creative spark and the defence is slow and ****

Maybe you need to look at your squad...i've used this tactic with Blackpool, Toulouse, Dortmund, Anderlecht and it's been successful with all of them....Premier league Title with Blackpool, German Title with Dortmund, 3 times champions with Toulouse etc..etc...but you need the right players..

BUT you have a choice, if you think it's rubbish then don't use it..try another or come up with your own, or even tweak this one...

mr hough have used this tactic in L1 with scunthorpe i can score loads of goals but seem to conceed a lot as well i dont know whether it is the keeper or defence any ideas
it could be a number of things to be honest, I am hoping to release an updated version soon hopefully that will help your defence out

I wouldn't play pilkington, or roberts for that matter you need to get yourdelf a better right back and some better defenders. Have a look at loanee's or see what you can pick up on free transfers.

What you have to remember is that you will be playing against people of the same if not less stature and squad quality as yourself, Rhodes will be fine in any of them roles

I was hoping you'd say he performed like a star for you ;)
I've got Seamus Coleman coming in on a loan/buyoption so hopefully he'll work out.
There's some interesting cheap belarus players that even speak a little english that I might go for, other than that free transfers seems like the way to go as you say.

Anyways, cheers for the quick response and tactic. It seems like you can't go wrong with this if you just do your job and find the right players.

I was hoping you'd say he performed like a star for you ;)
I've got Seamus Coleman coming in on a loan/buyoption so hopefully he'll work out.
There's some interesting cheap belarus players that even speak a little english that I might go for, other than that free transfers seems like the way to go as you say.

Anyways, cheers for the quick response and tactic. It seems like you can't go wrong with this if you just do your job and find the right players.
seamus coleman will be a good player i brought in danny butterfield he played really well for me

Can anyone clarify if this tactic works well with patch 10.3? I tried going back a few pages but I couldn't really get a clear answer.

Is the filefront link for the central midfielders down for anyone else? When I click download on the filefront site it says the link is broken.

Mr Hough do you have any advice for the two cb's? I have two certain starters, one with a little more speed and aggression and the other with better stats in marking and positioning. For me it seems like the better marker would suit better in the support role or am i wrong?

My first save crashed after the match against the reserves, started up a new one and I'm just getting into the preseasonmatches. I've made quite a lot of signings against better judgement so I expect that the tactic and teamwork will take awhile to kick in, but on the other hand the players will fit into the system for the longterm.

Mr Hough do you have any advice for the two cb's? I have two certain starters, one with a little more speed and aggression and the other with better stats in marking and positioning. For me it seems like the better marker would suit better in the support role or am i wrong?

My first save crashed after the match against the reserves, started up a new one and I'm just getting into the preseasonmatches. I've made quite a lot of signings against better judgement so I expect that the tactic and teamwork will take awhile to kick in, but on the other hand the players will fit into the system for the longterm.
If you are gonna use the cover stopper system i don't think there is a right or wrong way to put the players because if you look at it this way.

Stopper: he could either have good pace and acceleration to quickly close on players or have good positioning and anticipation to help close gaps and shut out defenders.

Cover: again if he has good pace he drop abck and clear the balls over the top or through the middle or positioning skills to help him stay in position better.

I don't think there is any right or wrong way to have these players but a good all round defender will always be the best option as you cover all these issues.

Your CM and FB filter links don't appear to be working. When I click the download button, gives me an error saying the link is broken.

Can anyone upload the those two filters for me? Or Mr. Hough if you read this. I would be very appreciative. Thanks.

Last edited:
What makes cover-stopper system so good?
well i think just about team one way or another use's this kind of system maybe not always the way i or other managers set it out of FM but in some way the system is there.

i think aswell if your playing a high defensive line it would be best to play both central defenders on the same mentality and play the offside trap, That way they will be able to stay in sync better.

If playing a deep defensive line having both defenders on the same mentality could work but with the offside trap off i think the defensive line being the same would be best because if you play the cover stopper then the cover is going to drop deeper and provide even more room for the oppsotion to play in.

so i think the cover stopper is best suited around the middle D-Line notch.as it provides good cover all round

If you are gonna use the cover stopper system i don't think there is a right or wrong way to put the players because if you look at it this way.

Stopper: he could either have good pace and acceleration to quickly close on players or have good positioning and anticipation to help close gaps and shut out defenders.

Cover: again if he has good pace he drop abck and clear the balls over the top or through the middle or positioning skills to help him stay in position better.

I don't think there is any right or wrong way to have these players but a good all round defender will always be the best option as you cover all these issues.

The defense has really worked flawlessly in preseason, with the stopper getting great ratings.
Rather poor opposition at first, but I beat Sunderland comfortably at home 4-2 and that is with a lot of new players.
I really wasn't expecting it to work this good so soon so I'm really looking forward to what this team can do with this tactic in the league.