Mr Houghs 4-1-2-3 Final Unbeaten

I think you're officially the unluckiest person that plays FM.. This kinda stuff doesnt happen to anyone else.

It does mate, we're just not allowed to talk about it, i've been banned from the main 3 FM Forums for nothing more than posting what i have here and i've already had a warning about such posts on this Forum so there you go.

Generaly most people dont want to hear what is really wrong with the game, they bury their heads in the sand because they dont want to believe that the game could be rigged or that when it works out results, it does'nt do so in a fashion that reflects the game of football and how it is played.

As for SI, well why do you think they dont want people pointing out blatant issues within the game? if it ever came out that everything i posted was true, then they would be ridiculed and would lose a large amount of their followers.

Anyway, sorry to go off topic, the winger tactic i've been using has been great, i love it, thanks MrHough!

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey guyz , i was just wondering , do you know of any Mr Hough 4-1-2-1-2 tactic for 10.3 patch ??? If you know , pls just give a reply ... thx guyz .

I don't think it's good that you get banned for posting your opinion, It's like saying "I completly love this game it's the best version ever and the best game ever, SI are complete genius's for making a game that is flawless", Now would that guy get banned for saying how good the game is, No not at all but when someone says bad things which is entirely there opinion there get in trouble.

It's stupid, People should be allowed to post there opinions as long as they don't swear or do anything like that.

Not aloud to moan about the game anymore, so i will just post the screenshot...

Thats about the 7th or 8th time this season!

Lmao that's ridiculous, you're just unlucky :a. Better quality players will soon see this problem sorted out mate

Hey Dave,

Decided to play the 2nd season with Fulham and got off to a great start after a slender 1-0 defeat against Liverpool in the first game.

Suddenly though, i'm having all kinds of problems at Home? in our last 3 Home games we have lost 3-0 against West Brom, drew 2-2 with Sunderland and lost 3-2 against Boro after being 2-0 up???

Unbelievably, Away from home we have beaten Chelsea, Everton and Burnley in our last three games and had previous draws against Man City and Arsenal.

Our results at home now stand at W 4 D 1 L 3 and away W 4 D 2 L 1, i just dont get it? what makes it ten times worse is that EVERY goal is down to some kind of unforced error, my defender will just refuse to move and the opposing player just walks the ball in???

Did you see any of this?

As its at home i'm struggling, would you reccomend pitch dimension settings, i think i have mine set to the middle pitch size.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 12:16 PM ----------

Great start to season 3 after finishing 5th in season 2.

After 11 games we were W 7 D 3 L 1 and joint top.

Last 3 games

Nothin much wrong with the Arsenal game, except they score in the 95th minute when there was only supposed to be 94 and that as usual both goals conceded were errors.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Thats 4 draws in a row now and we are W 7 D 7 L 1 but could easily be 5 points clear at the yop of the EPL, two of the three were defensive errors and the other a scorcher from a striker who had scored 2 in 16 prior to the game and had doubled his tally after it.

As you can see in most of those games, almost every shot on target is a goal.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Injury time goal for Man Utd and have 2 great chances to their 1 against Chelsea until yet another schoolboy error gives em their 2nd.

3 points out of 15 and all 5 we COULD have won, i'd have found 7 points acceptable but 3 FFS.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

lol, thats me about done with this pathetic game.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

How did the latest version pan out Dave?

Defence

As many people seem to have said the biggest problem with the tactic at the moment is the shaky defence. I have an excellent defence yet am throwing some games away due to being leaky (still scoring a lot but sometimes can't cover how leaky the defence is). However you have said you are working on the leaky defence so I'll leave that.

On the plus side it has allowed me to take Bath City (newly promoted to BSP this year from BSS) to the premiership and contending for the title in 7 short years.

The only things that bug me are how I should tweak it protect a lead especially a 1-0 lead because that has been the biggest loss of points for me drawing 1-1 from a late concession despite keep defenders replaced and not exhausted?

And is everyone sure that we should use the assistant manager's suggested OI? (Good tactical knowledge)?

Any help appreciated

As i'd said, i was ready for jackin it in, then we got a couple of results and that started off a brilliant winning run, we finally started taking our chances and the opposition were rarely making any, we even started keeping clean sheets, then suddenly, just as before, our form inexplicably nosedives, our strikers are missing sitters and our opposition are scoring with literally ANY shot on target.

Heres a rundown of our recent results...

Suddenly we stopped creating as many great chances and you can see why, there are a couple of reasons.

1. The player in possesion instead of playing the easy through ball, inexplicably plays the ball to a marked plaer.

2. When my striker does receive a beautifully weighted through ball, it cannons of his foot and straight back to the opposing keeper.

I just cannot believe more people dont see this game for what it is???

Well, I decided to use Mr Houghs 4-1-2-3 when I started the 4th season in game, with Leeds. In the first 3 seasons I used my own tactics (first season: won Coca-Cola 1), or JP Woody tactics (4-1-2-1-2) & Dan's tactics (4-1-2-3 - control and attacking, by rotation), with some tweaks (second season: won Championship; third season: placed 12th in Premier League). But when I started the 4th season I was buying some players to enforce a 4-1-2-3, and after that I said let's see how Mr Houghs tactics are working. And they worked pretty well: after 22 matches, I am second placed in Premier League, and with not such a great team (Media prediction: 15th). Never replayed a match, just wanted to see how far my boys can go with this tactic. I am not at home now, so I can't post screenshots ( I can do it in the evening), but here is my team:

GK: Areola (Guilherme)
DL: A. Smith (Botelho)
DR: D. Gray (+ a regen)
DC: Botia, Godin (McManus + a regen)
DMC: Zuculini (Gunnarsson + a regen)
MC: Shelvey, Bernardo (Howson, Mellis)
ST: Beckford, Nsue, Yildirim (Sondgrass, Prosenik)

So, if you have a pacey strong defence, a reliable middle and quick strikers, you can achieve very good results. Man Utd and Man City have incredible players in my game, and also other teams are very strong in Premier League, stronger than me anyway, but, even if I concede sometimes to much, I still score more in most cases (I have only 4 defeats in 22 league games). Will post some screenshots later, but what can I say about Mr Houghs tactics is this: it works incredible, but only when you know exactly what players you should play in every position (of course, depending on what transfer funds you have - at the start of 4th season I had for example 24 millions, wich helped me bring in Botia and Zuculini, to boost the defence). Anyways, great tactic Sir Mr Houghs, cheers!

-------------------
Edit: I attached some screenshots (the regen players are: Beranek, Benli and Wint).
Oh, I forgot: I also got the job to manage England U21, I attached a screenshot with my results so far (using the same tactic).

Last edited:
Wow, this game dont half kick you in the bollocks.

Played Arsenal in the Charity Shield and deservedly won 2-1, next game up is Home to Chelsea and in them 6 days between games 7 players went on int duty and 4 got injured.

We get dicked 4-1 and have Anderlecht next in a CL qualifier still short 11 players, heres the HT score...

We ended up losing 3-2 after finishing with 8 ccc's to their 3.

Next up Boro and still those players missing, but at least the first 11 are all first teamers, although every sub is a reserve.

At Half Time...

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Drew with boro ft despite annihilating them, lost 2-1 in away leg CL qual and just had this against Birmingham at half time...

Just give up gaz, There are problems with the defence that is obvius mate

Just give up gaz, There are problems with the defence that is obvius mate

I only conceded 18 goals in 38 games with Chelsea, i know it was Chelsea, but that is still solid.

I dont blame the tactic Dave(may i call you Dave?) we were promised that by watching matches in FM you would be able to discern by the goals you concede what is wrong with your defence, plus! we are told that individual errors are a cause of a players low concentration, well in my Fulham game i had purchased quality defenders with at least 15 concentration, yet the schoolboy errors were still accounting for 90 of goals conceded? if you do the math it just does'nt add up.

I have tried literally hundreds of tactics and tactic sets, as well as trying to create my own amd one thing is clear, the AI always has the advantage.

hello Mr.Hough!!!can you upload your tweaked real invincibles tactic???thank you

Very early days, but i might have sorted out the defensive issues with this tactic, by a simple stroke of luck and minor tweak?

I noticed that the dm's were always getting the ball kicked up their arses by the defence, so i have simply moved them into the mc spots.

I started with Villa and we conceded 10 goals in 8 games, but since the switch we have conceded just 2 in 6 games.

Does'nt mean anything yet after just 6 games, but you never know?

Just startin' to use this tactic with Woking in the Blue Square South. Currently unbeaten after 5 games.
Conceded 7 goals in 5 games tho so will have to keep an eye on that!

Very early days, but i might have sorted out the defensive issues with this tactic, by a simple stroke of luck and minor tweak?

I noticed that the dm's were always getting the ball kicked up their arses by the defence, so i have simply moved them into the mc spots.

I started with Villa and we conceded 10 goals in 8 games, but since the switch we have conceded just 2 in 6 games.

Does'nt mean anything yet after just 6 games, but you never know?

Just a quick update, have gone 15 games unbeaten and never outplayed, but we do seem to have a tendency to draw, in fact our last 9 EPL games we have had 5 wins and 4 draws, twice we led by two goals going into the final 10 minutes.

I might go back to the Fulham save and try it out.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

24 games unbeaten, 72 goals scored 19 conceded, we do have the odd struggle but it seems to be working.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:43 PM ----------

Hey Dave, really enjoyed that winger tactic of yours, i wondered if you still have plans to tweak the defence?

The dm to mc tweak has potential i think? and having started a new game with West Ham, i found myself in 4th spot at Xmas.

I packed in after 33 games having lost my last four games in that ridiculous style that has become accustomed to FM, in those last 4 games we created 22 ccc's to the AI's 6, scored 7 goals and conceded 10.

Great potential.

Ok i think i have finally crack it.... The winger tactic that is.

Now i know this has taken me ages to get right, But i don't think there is any point in releasing a tactic is isn't as good as my previous one, Now i think i have acheived that. Here is a screenshot of my current gam,e with Everton.

Everton League after 10 Games

Evertonafter10gamesUndefeated.jpg

Some of the changes i have made in this tactic is.

Lowered the D-Line to Deep. This is because although i have been playing with a 2 man midfield the midfield does have a tendancy to break forwardand can leave the defence exposed especilly if the defence is High, But as it's Deep this gives my players chance to get back in position and stop attacks.

Completly Changed the Attack. We now attack with 4 players and by god do we attack!, Some of the best football i have seen comes from this because the 4 players AML AMR ST ST are so attacking and i am now on the counter attack they rarely come back to help out defence this gives them perfect opportunity to score goals becuase it's effectivly 4 on 4 and when you attack with the momentum that i do, Well you rarely miss as my screenshot above shows.

I haven't changed much on the defence as i think it's decent and didn't need changing that much.

I am playing with more tempo too, Simply to help the attack and get the ball moving up field.

I am really really loving this tactic at the minute. I am working tonight but expect release of this beauty in the next 2-3 days.

First I want to thank MrHough for his awesome tactics.

I tried 4-1-2-3 Final Unbeaten on patch 10.3. I made just 1 transfer, however I scored about 40 goals on just 12-13 game. But also I conceeded about 25 goals. What I can do to have a better defence? Did you have same problems? Or should I have better defence players. Because my defence is below the standart :)

I also tried wizard mode. But I couldn't score so much with it. I conceeded less also. However I liked classic version much more, because offensive power is better I think.

i use this on a save i play for fun, and it is ridiculously good. my strikers score so much. and defense is pretty tight. the urge to use this on my competitive save is sooo difficult to refuse.

Ok i think i have finally crack it.... The winger tactic that is.

Now i know this has taken me ages to get right, But i don't think there is any point in releasing a tactic is isn't as good as my previous one, Now i think i have acheived that. Here is a screenshot of my current gam,e with Everton.

Everton League after 10 Games

Evertonafter10gamesUndefeated.jpg

Some of the changes i have made in this tactic is.

Lowered the D-Line to Deep. This is because although i have been playing with a 2 man midfield the midfield does have a tendancy to break forwardand can leave the defence exposed especilly if the defence is High, But as it's Deep this gives my players chance to get back in position and stop attacks.

Completly Changed the Attack. We now attack with 4 players and by god do we attack!, Some of the best football i have seen comes from this because the 4 players AML AMR ST ST are so attacking and i am now on the counter attack they rarely come back to help out defence this gives them perfect opportunity to score goals becuase it's effectivly 4 on 4 and when you attack with the momentum that i do, Well you rarely miss as my screenshot above shows.

I haven't changed much on the defence as i think it's decent and didn't need changing that much.

I am playing with more tempo too, Simply to help the attack and get the ball moving up field.

I am really really loving this tactic at the minute. I am working tonight but expect release of this beauty in the next 2-3 days.

Hi Mr. Hough.

I'm really looking forward to try out your new winger tactic. I've been trying to make one myself, but simply dont have the patience to do it.. ;)

hey mr hough

Any chance mate you could repost you player filters for the tactic as i have tried down loading them and itsay not found (H)