Mr Langvatn?s New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

It's for any team :) So yes, United too :)

In the sub-top team test, it's the tactic that scored the highest average amount of points of all tactics tested. So yes, it will work with a top team :)

How about training and individual training mate? :)

ok im ajax at moment not been beaten in the league but that is as to be exspected

Yeah, but if it works as well for you as for me with Celtic, you could really surprise some top teams in the CL :)

Hey been using the Counter formation as my way tactic (Classic Mode) but still use the Oblivion V3 for my main tactic. Could you please do some tests on the Oblivion V3?

I do recommend the Counter as a solid tactic. Well done Mr L

To add I use the Counter when facing bigger opposition too. I'm currently 1st Season with Glasgow Rangers. I've won 11 league games and knocked out Celtic and Aberdeen. No players signed.

Okay. Do you ever change d-line? And wouldn't it be good to train the DM's as box-to-box midfielders?

I don't change D-line, and neither should you. It's vital to the tactic that it stays the way it is :)

The DM's are traditional DM's, it's not like last year sadly :)

Hey been using the Counter formation as my way tactic (Classic Mode) but still use the Oblivion V3 for my main tactic. Could you please do some tests on the Oblivion V3?

I do recommend the Counter as a solid tactic. Well done Mr L

Not adding anymore tactics until we have the ones on the list already under control :)

It has come to my attention by two different sources that Van Gaal has stolen the Counter-Ninjas tactic! Let's only hope to god he doesn't use it at Man Utd, cause then we're all screwed! :p

Last edited:
View attachment 371591

Think you cracked the problem with inconsistency! Realised that Napoli has almost the perfect premade squad for this tactic, I recommend using this team if you only want to try the tactic. As you can see, I had the thoughest league game in the first match, Juventus away. Won 2-1 comfortably. Great job Mr L!

View attachment 608428

Think you cracked the problem with inconsistency! Realised that Napoli has almost the perfect premade squad for this tactic, I recommend using this team if you only want to try the tactic. As you can see, I had the thoughest league game in the first match, Juventus away. Won 2-1 comfortably. Great job Mr L!

Can you post ss on your team? I'm considering playing with Napoli.

Can you post ss on your team? I'm considering playing with Napoli.

I always use all my players in the first squad, only bought Gaston Gil Romero (wonderkid) and Fabian Johnson (average wing back). I switch the whole team, on every position, between every game. I can show you my best line up if thats what you want.

I always use all my players in the first squad, only bought Gaston Gil Romero (wonderkid) and Fabian Johnson (average wing back). I switch the whole team, on every position, between every game. I can show you my best line up if thats what you want.

Yep that would be awesome.

View attachment 608476

To truly be the best squad, I guess you can switch Gaston Gil Romero for Dzemalli, but I want him to develop as fast as possible.

Ser bra ut!

Just a question regarding the SS. I don't fully understand the role. Is the SS actually an AM, or can you put your striker there? In the description it says that SS is the player that will score the most goals in your formation. And whenever i try to put my striker as a SS he always performs dull. And my definition of an attacking midfielder is someone that provides with alot of assist and try to work out the opponents defence, not the one that scores all the goals, like Hamsik.

Maybe I'm a bit too realistic, because I haven't been familiar with this role even in reality. Are there teams that play with shadow strikers? Messi can be considered as one I guess, but others? Tevez? Reus?

Regarding the DM's in this tactic. What kind of qualites fits best? Someone like Toure, box to box or someone like Bender, the usual bonecracking defensive midfielder? Is it good to have three different types of defensive midfielders, or does it benefit when you have three Benders, three Toures? etc.

Many questions I know but im looking for a good tactic that will fit my squad at Southampton. :)