Mr Langvatn?s New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

First match after CL group stage I was up against Ajax. They shouldn't have been that close to advancing....

Last edited:
Can you test it with one of the top four in the EPL mate, as I think this is a top tactic for underdogs

It's a great tactic for top teams too mate. It limits your opponent to having 0 chances, 0 shots. And it scores great too, even if the opposition isn't attacking you. It's not based on counter attacks only.

Atm I'm having great fun with Celtic. On my next save I'll probably go to the EPL again :)

Made it to the semi finals in CL with my Celtic team. Lost to Barcelona :p

This tactic doesn't work for me in CL. I win everything in PL but lose all the time when playing against CL-opponents. Any suggestions why?

This tactic doesn't work for me in CL. I win everything in PL but lose all the time when playing against CL-opponents. Any suggestions why?

It's just random sometimes. Better luck next year's CL :p

In terms of CL I would suggest having a different tactic up your sleeve. I've started a new game managing Preston. I'm currently using Mr L's Counter as main tactic but with 2 other tactics to mix things up. The others are Oblivion v1 and English Style 442. I'm managing to cope even though the tactics require a variety of players.

Ive noticed that Im getting a lot of penalties, more than with any other tactic. Im playing as Napoli, do you think the Italian Mafia has something to do with it? (6)