Mr Langvatn?s New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

Ser bra ut!

Just a question regarding the SS. I don't fully understand the role. Is the SS actually an AM, or can you put your striker there? In the description it says that SS is the player that will score the most goals in your formation. And whenever i try to put my striker as a SS he always performs dull. And my definition of an attacking midfielder is someone that provides with alot of assist and try to work out the opponents defence, not the one that scores all the goals, like Hamsik.

Maybe I'm a bit too realistic, because I haven't been familiar with this role even in reality. Are there teams that play with shadow strikers? Messi can be considered as one I guess, but others? Tevez? Reus?

The SS's stand for most of the assists in Counter-Ninjas, and the F9 is the main goal scorer.

Regarding the DM's in this tactic. What kind of qualites fits best? Someone like Toure, box to box or someone like Bender, the usual bonecracking defensive midfielder? Is it good to have three different types of defensive midfielders, or does it benefit when you have three Benders, three Toures? etc.

Many questions I know but im looking for a good tactic that will fit my squad at Southampton. :)

Just look at the role attributes, then you know what kind to look for :)

I haven't used this tactic yet but what people have been saying I think it#s worth a shot, I'm going to try this for my Newcastle side because I think Tiote, Anita & Sissoko would love this style.

1 question though is this tactic consistent every season or is it a 1 season tactic like many others including my own?

Hey mate. Thanks for testing. But you never answered my question about if your legends team if it has decent shadow strikers. It's important they are good at marking/tackling. I know your team doesn't have flat stats like in my test, so that's why I'm asking :p There is a big difference in how the tactic performed in your test vs here. And it's not only my own test. From Dbotiger's test too. It shouldn't concede as much as it did in your test, and I think that's either because you don't have three natural DM's, or that the AMC's you got aren't good at marking/tackling.

Last edited:
I haven't used this tactic yet but what people have been saying I think it#s worth a shot, I'm going to try this for my Newcastle side because I think Tiote, Anita & Sissoko would love this style.

1 question though is this tactic consistent every season or is it a 1 season tactic like many others including my own?

It's been consistent for my Celtic team for 3 seasons now. Doing better every season.

I have played 9 PL-games and trashed everything that's standing in my way. But I seem to have some difficulties when playing CL-games. Played 2 games so far, lost to Porto 3-1 and 1-1 draw against Club Brugge. Any suggestions on how to maximize performance when playing CL?

I have played 9 PL-games and trashed everything that's standing in my way. But I seem to have some difficulties when playing CL-games. Played 2 games so far, lost to Porto 3-1 and 1-1 draw against Club Brugge. Any suggestions on how to maximize performance when playing CL?

use counter ninjas, so fantastic tac

Finally some relaxation time after painting the porch all day, and it's like 30+ degrees outside. Sunburn and exhaustion is a nice combo.

Wow, first match of the day, and this happened!

8 ccc's and a 4-0 win away against Milan in CL group stage??

Hey mate. Thanks for testing. But you never answered my question about if your legends team if it has decent shadow strikers. It's important they are good at marking/tackling. I know your team doesn't have flat stats like in my test, so that's why I'm asking :p There is a big difference in how the tactic performed in your test vs here. And it's not only my own test. From Dbotiger's test too. It shouldn't concede as much as it did in your test, and I think that's either because you don't have three natural DM's, or that the AMC's you got aren't good at marking/tackling.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...nglish-premier-division_-tactics-overview.png

Mr L, did i read your post wrong, you think SS should have marking and tackling?

Mr L, did i read your post wrong, you think SS should have marking and tackling?

As you can see here, the Shadow Striker has tackling as a primary attribute, and in the player instructions you can see that it's set to mark tighter. So yes, marking and tackling is important.