Mr Langvatn?s New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr Langvatn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 603
  • Views Views 222K
The ME is ****. I had 6 CCs (!!!) but didn't score against West Brom. They scored a goal from the only shot they had. Ridiculous. When you think about it, a game against West Brom can be the difference between being second or first in the championship...

Had a good first half season, second season is going so so. Have lost a couple of games and drawn against top teams in the table.

Sorry, uploaded the wrong file before. Here it is again:

For users of Counter-Ninjas: If you have problems breaking up parked buses, try this one (only against lesser teams that parks the bus against you)

Last edited:
hmm, even better for breaking up with overload mentality. Try that on the tiki-taka :)

It's good with counter for limiting the opponent, but if u just wanna score a lot of goals, go overload :)

Anyone tried Tiki-Taka Ninjas yet with a top team? :)
Remember that it doesn't replace counter-ninjas. It is an addition to it only against lesser teams that park the bus against you.
But it could fit some teams better. Like in my Celtic team, the counter-ninjas fit the best because of the types of players I have. For others, perhaps with good first touch, technical players, the tiki-taka version might work better.

Last edited:
Anyone tried Tiki-Taka Ninjas yet with a top team? :)
Remember that it doesn't replace counter-ninjas. It is an addition to it only against lesser teams that park the bus against you.
But it could fit some teams better. Like in my Celtic team, the counter-ninjas fit the best because of the types of players I have. For others, perhaps with good first touch, technical players, the tiki-taka version might work better.

You think a Napoli team in the first season could suit that tactic? Doing very good with counter ninja atm, but willing to try your new one =)

You think a Napoli team in the first season could suit that tactic? Doing very good with counter ninja atm, but willing to try your new one =)

The Tiki-Taka Ninjas is only a supplement to the counter-ninjas, to use only against lesser teams that park the bus against you. I don't know it there really is a need for it, cause counter-ninjas is amazing for all games, but i made a possession version of it anyway. You can try it and see what you think, but overall, the counter-ninjas is definitely the best tactic I have.

If you haven't tried the counter-ninjas yet, go with that one :) The tiki-taka is just me playing around with the tactic :P

Last edited:
Took some time off from testing to start a game with Counter Ninja. Broke the point record for Sky Bet 1 with Wolves, and we never actually were fluid in any part of the tactic until the last 3 games of the year. Here is final table:

Took some time off from testing to start a game with Counter Ninja. Broke the point record for Sky Bet 1 with Wolves, and we never actually were fluid in any part of the tactic until the last 3 games of the year. Here is final table:

do u do ur own team talks ?, this tactic not working for me

Enjoy the style of this tactic. Have just been promoted tro league 2 with Gateshead and decided to give it a try. Works well and provides plenty of CCC's but I think the general lack of technical ability and skill of most of my team makes the tactic less effective. Defensively my two centre backs tend to get caught short an awful lot of the time and I think some of my results would have been a lot worse were it not for having a half decent keeper in goal. I can see this tactic working very well with stronger teams, a better quality of players and once the fluidity of it has improved. Thanks Mr L for your hard work :)

do u do ur own team talks ?, this tactic not working for me

I vary talks based on how the team is doing, so sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I'm not that scientific.

The key thing for me was that I had one of the best keepers in the league, and a very skilled defense, so we only allowed 24 in 46 league games. There are lots of reasons why a tactic may not work for any one person.

Back