Mr Langvatn?s New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr Langvatn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 603
  • Views Views 222K
Shadow Striker with good marking and tackling is a bit hard to find i guess ?

Roletraining is enough I think. So the tactic is better if you prefer talents over oldboys. It's not a big problem if they aren't that good in tackling and marking, but it's a plus if they are. The most important is that you have three natural DM's :)

Acceleration is perhaps the most important stat for all positions, due to the counter attacking style.

Starting to get some completed results now in our testing. First 3 tactics now complete on 160. Should have another up in the next 24 hours...Testing elves are at work....

Excuse Me. Where is Mr L 7-1-2 Curious George (14.3.1) download link ?

Finished testing with Locksmith on the 160 save. Results are posted on front page.
Steaton's 'Total Annihilation' 4231 is up next...

Hi there I follow your test with passion - but as up the results now - it may bee seen that something does not work out as indended - as all tactica are placed on first position after one year. Somewere is a bug here.......

Or maybe its not even a bug on your side of testing - that is just a prove how the game engine handles new takic - I assume every new tactic get a huge first bonus - this bonus will be lowerered game by game....

Something like a factor Y which over the time is multiplied with a factor x to weaken the tactic game by game.....until the tactic doesn't work out at all and some loose far to often when stick to the same old taktic.

Additional I found out - and that is the hammer! - the game takes the leage table in consideration to a huge extend - that is easy to prove. I had been first in the leage - together with another team - so I tried to autocalk the game - and some may autocalk as often as you like - you will never win the last game!!!! (I also plyed the last game the same issue!!!) By finding out this I was eeally sad and angry as that means it takes out all the management of the game, and such is total contra to a strategy - management - game!!!
They probably implemented this - as with the game engine alone they could not get acceptable leage results!

Last edited:
Hi there I follow your test with passion - but as up the results now - it may bee seen that something does not work out as indended - as all tactica are placed on first position after one year. Somewere is a bug here.......

Or maybe its not even a bug on your side of testing - that is just a prove how the game engine handles new takic - I assume every new tactic get a huge first bonus - this bonus will be lowerered game by game....

Something like a factor Y which over the time is multiplied with a factor x to weaken the tactic game by game.....until the tactic doesn't work out at all and some loose far to often when stick to the same old taktic.

Additional I found out - and that is the hammer! - the game takes the leage table in consideration to a huge extend - that is easy to prove. I had been first in the leage - together with another team - so I tried to autocalk the game - and some may autocalk as often as you like - you will never win the last game!!!! (I also plyed the last game the same issue!!!) By finding out this I was eeally sad and angry as that means it takes out all the management of the game, and such is total contra to a strategy - management - game!!!
They probably implemented this - as with the game engine alone they could not get acceptable leage results!

I think perhaps, I am misunderstanding your message. You state that all the tactics are placed in first place after the first year. As the result tables show, this is clearly not the case. The final standings for each tactic tested so far is as follows:

Danillo - 1st, 1st, 1st
Locksmith - 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Back to Basics - 2nd, 1st, 1st
Callamity -2nd, 5th, 2nd.

Regarding your point about losing every final game of the season, I cannot speak for all the people testing for Mr L, but I do not recall that being the case. I would have to go back and check each of my test results, but I am pretty sure you are mistaken.

I understand how frustrating this game can be at times, but I seriously don't believe the makers are deliberately trying to make you lose more as the season goes on. I think it might be more related to other factors. Regardless, I hope you do better in future games. Good luck.

Thank u for your kind response ;) - only to clearify I am not fustrated now as it still only a game....:D (during the game I am sometimes fustrated, but that is the nature of the game which makes it great!)

U are right I read wrong on the tests - my eyes are old (I'm 51)...haha...nevermind u clarified it.

But on a program interlink of the standings of the liga and the result u have in games I strongly believe that is the case. As the above decription happened not only one time and it must not be an end game - u may be in the middle of season - and autocalc - look the results of others, then take the old save and autocalc again - other result - yes - but the results of the other football clubs are modified in a way accordingly...try it.... - some can see the "fit in" results during the season...

I play now one year excessive the FM 2014 - and believe me I had payed a lot of leagues - and many times u really can watch that there is a interlink in the program. But to prove this it would need an answer from the programmers who did that code, which will probably not happen? Anyway that should be covered in another threat - sorry to spoil here....

What takes the fun a bit away is these random I "Fk u" happenings - as whatever u do in such game it has no real influence on the result - the game just makes u lose - but okay wit such I can live I just imagine that is the luck factor which happens in real live too. - And probably all the forum members know about this bug or not bug just strange programming.

Even with my smal claim (the interlink) - I still think it's a great game and I still loving it and play it! ;)

Keep on your great testing, I appreciate it very much, as it is a lot of time and work u guys are implementing in this testing for the benefit of all forum members - thank u - GREAT JOB!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back