Mr Langvatn?s New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

Danilo, Back to Basic and Locksmith have now been tested by both me and Andrich. Dbotiger will join the test team on Monday, so he will do the third test then. Now we move on to testing the Callamity tactic, and after that we test these four tactics in the 135 CA/PA base.

Danilo, Back to Basic and Locksmith have now been tested by both me and Andrich. Dbotiger will join the test team on Monday, so he will do the third test then. Now we move on to testing the Callamity tactic, and after that we test these four tactics in the 135 CA/PA base.

great job

We will of course test more tactics, we just started with the most popular ones. When we are done with 6 games each tactic, we will look for more tactics to test. Read the OP before suggesting tactics. I demand screenshots from a full first season, and the results need to be really good to get a go here. This tactic test method is very time consuming, so I am going to be very selective when choosing tactics to test. Convince me with first season league table screenshots.

Last edited:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...striker-25-goals-post2167732.html#post2167732

Decided to test my updated tactic using Will's tacting testing (legends)database and method which he shared before closing the initial Thread. So here are the results in detail.

Finished 6th, 96pnts 137GS 71GC +66GD

Needless to say i knew the tactic wasnt the best in defence and tactic used use Wingplay V2 and not Deep(the more defensive). Still 137 scored is a big result. All matches in instant result with no gameplan.

I was not satisfied with the results so decided to investigate the matches where i dropped points. With 9 draws and 12 losses they were 21 matches where the team dropped points. Half of them seemed resonable where the game was evenly contested or dominated by the other team but 10 fixture results, well lets just say when FM decides to F**k you theres nothing you can do.

The test seemed very much dependent on morale. Cuz i noticed the team go on a big win streak when on superb morale and then fall apart after 1 loss. And something i mentioned earlier that this legends team is very shorthanded in terms of wingers, so not much rotation was done on wingers and they were forced to play with low conditioning. Figo ended up paying 47/50 and i would say 30% of those matches his conditioning was less than 85%.

Its a fairly long post but I hope u guys enjoy it.

P.S- The assistant manager is an absolute douche-bag, his team selections in some matches were atrocious.

Last edited:
Made a mistake in the previous test as i kept the contract negotiations fr manager only, so all the players were only on youth contracts. Fixed this to director responsibility and did the test again. I felt that the contract level and happiness influenced the performance of players. And changed one thing that is removed set OIs by Assistant since tactic has pre-set OIs. The results this time were more than impressive. Still 2-3 FM glitched games but the end result was terrific and a true showing of what the tactic is capable of. And if your not impressed by these results than i give up.

View attachment 374334View attachment 374333View attachment 374332View attachment 374331View attachment 374330View attachment 374329

Goals scored is consistent with last save bettered by only 1, but a huge deference in goals conceded and points tally. The team was more confident and much better in defense. 122 points with a GD of +99, that just blows the previous test out.

Made a mistake in the previous test as i kept the contract negotiations fr manager only, so all the players were only on youth contracts. Fixed this to director responsibility and did the test again. I felt that the contract level and happiness influenced the performance of players. And changed one thing that is removed set OIs by Assistant since tactic has pre-set OIs. The results this time were more than impressive. Still 2-3 FM glitched games but the end result was terrific and a true showing of what the tactic is capable of. And if your not impressed by these results than i give up.

View attachment 602154View attachment 602155View attachment 602158View attachment 602160View attachment 602163View attachment 602164

Goals scored is consistent with last save bettered by only 1, but a huge deference in goals conceded and points tally. The team was more confident and much better in defense. 122 points with a GD of +99, that just blows the previous test out.

Strong candidate for the list indeed :)