Mr Langvatn?s New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

I will keep you in mind if or when we get a need for more testers mate, thanks for offering :) Dbotiger said he wouldn't be available until Monday, so I guess things should speed up next week. If suggesting tactics, you need to include screenshots from a full first season :) Every time a tester does it another way, he ends up wasting time on testing unproven tactics. We don't take requests, only suggestions, and only if the tactic is already proven to work very well. This is a time consuming test method, so I only want to test the best tactics out there. It's not one of those threads where people can send in tactics to test if it's good or not. It's a test to determine which of the best tactics are most stable over many seasons.

Sure thing mate – you just say the words if needed :), then we'll sort it out..
Ahh,Ii understand :), and was only meant as a suggestion... a suggestion to at least follow his thread :)
The screenshots you should provide, do they have to be your own or can you take it from the thread or even the author himself?
(Think Veez' own results are 5-2-3 = League wins with Real Sociedad both first and second season, and 3-4-3 = League win with Everton first season)

But hey, it's all up to you guys – it' your test – I just wanna be helpful, because I'm properly just as "curious" as you to find the best tactics out there :D

I mentioned in my post that i tested the wingplay v2, which is the latest tactic and update on the final.tac, thanks for deciding to test it.

Started testing, but it's doing incredibly bad, sorry. It's high scoring, but leaking as **** in the back. I don't see the point of testing this for 228 games. More losses than wins, the goal difference is in minus, and lying in 15th place. I saw some people posting good results from your tactic, but are you sure that you didn't mess up something very important in the v2??

If you want me to test one of your tactics, please submit a screenshot from a full first season. I see the screenshots at your thread are from 2016.

Last edited:
Sure thing mate – you just say the words if needed :), then we'll sort it out..
Ahh,Ii understand :), and was only meant as a suggestion... a suggestion to at least follow his thread :)
The screenshots you should provide, do they have to be your own or can you take it from the thread or even the author himself?
(Think Veez' own results are 5-2-3 = League wins with Real Sociedad both first and second season, and 3-4-3 = League win with Everton first season)

But hey, it's all up to you guys – it' your test – I just wanna be helpful, because I'm properly just as "curious" as you to find the best tactics out there :D

Of course, information like that helps me to choose what to test. Can you investigate for me which one of those two has the best results for most people? (skim through the thread) I can test one of them.

Of course, information like that helps me to choose what to test. Can you investigate for me which one of those two has the best results for most people? (skim through the thread) I can test one of them.

Sure thing, on the other hand, I see that Veez are currently working on improving his 3-4-3, maybe it's better to wait a more "final" version to avoid wasted testing time? :) – I'm following the progress so what if I report back when there's a clear "best" tactic?! :)

Sure thing, on the other hand, I see that Veez are currently working on improving his 3-4-3, maybe it's better to wait a more "final" version to avoid wasted testing time? :) – I'm following the progress so what if I report back when there's a clear "best" tactic?! :)

Sound good mate :) Thank you for helping :)

I have now started testing in the sub-bottom league! CA/PA 135. Now this should be interesting :) First off is Danilo! Wonder how this fared as a heavy underdog :)

I'm really surprised how "well" Danilo does in the underdog league! Or, I suppose it's doing well, winning more than losing at least :p

Wow, friggin 4th place for Danilo in the sub-bottom test! Is there anything this tactic can't do???

mr langvatn do u try original Danilo ? and whats your opinion for that trio original tight or ******'s ? first season of my porto save is done i became league champion without defeat and qualifed to semi final in cl and lost against bayern

mr langvatn do u try original Danilo ? and whats your opinion for that trio original tight or ******'s ? first season of my porto save is done i became league champion without defeat and qualifed to semi final in cl and lost against bayern

I have only used Danilo original both in my personal games and in this test. So I have no opinion :)

I have only used Danilo original both in my personal games and in this test. So I have no opinion :)
Did you leave the OI setup at default? Or are they handled by the *** man? IMO, it's the only point Danilo MAY tweaked, other from its perfection :p

Did you leave the OI setup at default? Or are they handled by the *** man? IMO, it's the only point Danilo MAY tweaked, other from its perfection :p

Assistant manager is not handling OI's of course, as many tactics have pre-set OI's built into the tactic.

Started testing, but it's doing incredibly bad, sorry. It's high scoring, but leaking as **** in the back. I don't see the point of testing this for 228 games. More losses than wins, the goal difference is in minus, and lying in 15th place. I saw some people posting good results from your tactic, but are you sure that you didn't mess up something very important in the v2??

If you want me to test one of your tactics, please submit a screenshot from a full first season. I see the screenshots at your thread are from 2016.

Its alright, thanks for giving it a try though. I figured this might happen as mine is not a plug'n'play tactic it needs human management i guess where one can adapt to the situation at hand and use both tactics wingplay and deep wingplay.

View attachment 374059This is man man city test, i didn't complete it because of how it was going its obvious i was going to win and finish with 100+ goals or maybe 90+ points. V2 was not used exclusively.
So i have accepted that this type of tactic testing (Assistant hanldling with Instant result) is not suitable fr my tactic. Requires human management, If anyone is interested to just plugin a downloaded tactic and just sit there and watch results, i will not recommend my tactic. I appreciate the effort you made and thank you again for testing it.

Its alright, thanks for giving it a try though. I figured this might happen as mine is not a plug'n'play tactic it needs human management i guess where one can adapt to the situation at hand and use both tactics wingplay and deep wingplay.

View attachment 602798This is man man city test, i didn't complete it because of how it was going its obvious i was going to win and finish with 100+ goals or maybe 90+ points. V2 was not used exclusively.
So i have accepted that this type of tactic testing (Assistant hanldling with Instant result) is not suitable fr my tactic. Requires human management, If anyone is interested to just plugin a downloaded tactic and just sit there and watch results, i will not recommend my tactic. I appreciate the effort you made and thank you again for testing it.

Another thing is that winning the league with Man City does not qualify for my critera:) Good luck with future tactic creation, and have a good night :)

I'm looking for tactics that can win the league despite being predicted at minimum 5+

Last edited:
Another thing is that winning the league with Man City does not qualify for my critera:) Good luck with future tactic creation, and have a good night :)

I'm looking for tactics that can win the league despite being predicted at minimum 5+

OK i have tested my tactic again this time with Everton. Media prediction 7th. Finished 3rd, final of COC and won FA cup. The testing was done the same way as the legends tactic testing, but with no edits. Opening transfer budgets disabled, and no signings were made for the season. Everton had their original facilities, coaches and Assistant. Assistant was in-charge of everything except OI. Match result achieved with instant result (no game plan) with assistant selecting match squad.

This results have lead me to believe that there is something wrong with the tactic on my thread so I am uploading the tactic directly here for you give it another go. Please give this another chance. Thanks

PS- Baines was out for 5months with a broken leg so i had to do without my best player for more than half the season

Last edited:
Mr. Langvatn is there anyway I can help you with this test tactic proyect? I have two machine and can run two test league at the same time, so if you need some help just send me a message with the save game and the guidelines of the test.

OK i have tested my tactic again this time with Everton. Media prediction 7th. Finished 3rd, final of COC and won FA cup. The testing was done the same way as the legends tactic testing, but with no edits. Opening transfer budgets disabled, and no signings were made for the season. Everton had their original facilities, coaches and Assistant. Assistant was in-charge of everything except OI. Match result achieved with instant result (no game plan) with assistant selecting match squad.

This results have lead me to believe that there is something wrong with the tactic on my thread so I am uploading the tactic directly here for you give it another go. Please give this another chance. Thanks

PS- Baines was out for 5months with a broken leg so i had to do without my best player for more than half the season

If you run a season with Everton and let's say Danilo, Locksmith or Back to Basic, you will understand what kind of tactics I'm looking for. A gd of only +25 with Everton shows a sign of luck that you got 3rd place, and the tactics I want to test are the ones that has no problems winning the league with teams of that quality, preferably with a good gd. You should try Danilo or Locksmith or any of the top ones, and you will see a big difference :) I don't say that your tactic is bad, I'm just saying that it's just not up to par with the absolute top tactics here.

In any case, I have cross-checked all the settings in the tactic you uploaded now vs the one I downloaded earlier from your thread, and they are 100% equal. I'm afraid my test is a bit too hard for your tactic. Another thing is that my tactic test is set in England, and this says nothing about how your tactic does in other countries. Perhaps this does really well in let's say Spain or Italy, I don't know. But for the EPL, there are better tactics. I hope I didn't offend you or anything, cause that is really not my intention. I value all users at this great forum.

Mr. Langvatn is there anyway I can help you with this test tactic proyect? I have two machine and can run two test league at the same time, so if you need some help just send me a message with the save game and the guidelines of the test.

By the looks of it, I should recruit some more testers indeed. Andrich hasn't been online for a while. I send you my skype information on PM, as good communication is vital in order to do testing 100% equally.

MR L have you finished making tactics for FM 14 then

No, but it's on stall until I have some more time. Making tactics is much more time consuming than tactic testing, so I will contribute to the forum in this way until I'm done writing my research paper. Also going fishing for a week after that.