Mr Langvatn?s New and Improved Tactic Thread (With test league)

TFF's perfection v2 is doing very well too :)

Edit: Lol of course I jinxed it, haha. Couple of straigth losses right after that :p

This tactic dominates chances and shots like every game, but it's a lot of "hit and miss".

Last edited:
If you run a season with Everton and let's say Danilo, Locksmith or Back to Basic, you will understand what kind of tactics I'm looking for. A gd of only +25 with Everton shows a sign of luck that you got 3rd place, and the tactics I want to test are the ones that has no problems winning the league with teams of that quality, preferably with a good gd. You should try Danilo or Locksmith or any of the top ones, and you will see a big difference :) I don't say that your tactic is bad, I'm just saying that it's just not up to par with the absolute top tactics here.

In any case, I have cross-checked all the settings in the tactic you uploaded now vs the one I downloaded earlier from your thread, and they are 100% equal. I'm afraid my test is a bit too hard for your tactic. Another thing is that my tactic test is set in England, and this says nothing about how your tactic does in other countries. Perhaps this does really well in let's say Spain or Italy, I don't know. But for the EPL, there are better tactics. I hope I didn't offend you or anything, cause that is really not my intention. I value all users at this great forum.

Its Alright Mr L, your a senior member in this forum and i am fairly new, I respect your views and thanks for the constructive criticism. I am still interested in testing my tactic in your method and save, is it possible for you to PM me the database or 1st day save so i can test it. Also i'm interested to become a tester for this tactic, i have noticed that progress of the results for each tactic has been slow, I can easily provide you with 2 or more tests with the time i have available. Thanks again and looking forward to see if you would take me on in your team of testers.

Its Alright Mr L, your a senior member in this forum and i am fairly new, I respect your views and thanks for the constructive criticism. I am still interested in testing my tactic in your method and save, is it possible for you to PM me the database or 1st day save so i can test it. Also i'm interested to become a tester for this tactic, i have noticed that progress of the results for each tactic has been slow, I can easily provide you with 2 or more tests with the time i have available. Thanks again and looking forward to see if you would take me on in your team of testers.

Right now I have just recruited two new testers, so we are five testers now (and Dbotiger won't start before Monday). If too many, it will become a mess. Only the testers will get access to the savefile. But what do you mean by 2 or more tests? Per day? per what? :)

Right now I have just recruited two new testers, so we are five testers now (and Dbotiger won't start before Monday). If too many, it will become a mess. Only the testers will get access to the savefile. But what do you mean by 2 or more tests? Per day? per what? :)

I meant 2 or more tactics tested per day. And if its required maybe more, that is if you need it on an emergency basis. I have noticed with my system speed it takes roughly 2 hours to get through a season it instant result testing so testing 3 (6hrs) would pretty much take up all the time i have on the day (i have other things to do than just play Fm :p), but i have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment so can really help you out.

I meant 2 or more tactics tested per day. And if its required maybe more, that is if you need it on an emergency basis. I have noticed with my system speed it takes roughly 2 hours to get through a season it instant result testing so testing 3 (6hrs) would pretty much take up all the time i have on the day (i have other things to do than just play Fm :p), but i have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment so can really help you out.

Does it take 2 hours if you holiday between each match and use instant result? On a small database in only one league?

But one test per tester is enough per day imo

contact me on PM and I can give you my skype information, if you want to help testing

Last edited:
I gotta go work on my research paper for a while now, cya guys later!

Mohin and Lucho616 have now joined the test team, so we should be seeing some quicker progress now!

Luchu616 was on a roll yesterday, testing 4 tactics in the 135 table. I have now updated the table :)

Mr. Langvatn, what is the best tactic right now? In your opinion, of course. Sorry for my English, I am from Russia.

Mr. Langvatn, what is the best tactic right now? In your opinion, of course. Sorry for my English, I am from Russia.

Well, Danilo has done best so far for sub-top teams, and Mr Hough for sub-bottom teams. However, this testing project has just started.

It's Danilo normal. Btw waiting for the tactic that performs well both with high and low CA/PA.
Btw Mr L, how about include your tactic self, the Counter one, cheers

It's Danilo normal. Btw waiting for the tactic that performs well both with high and low CA/PA.
Btw Mr L, how about include your tactic self, the Counter one, cheers

I dont think you can fault were danlio finished in either tbf.... what's media prediction for sub bottom team????

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I dont think you can fault were danlio finished in either tbf.... what's media prediction for sub bottom team????

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

As that information is very misleading, I think I will remove the media prediction, because the test team has flat stats and is therefore much weaker than other teams with the same prediction. I think it said 7th or something, but it's more like 10-15 somewhere.