Mr Langvatn's Tactic Centre for FM15

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr Langvatn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 808
  • Views Views 188K
i play with a little team, which tactic is better for that one? 5-3-2 or the other one?

i play with a little team, which tactic is better for that one? 5-3-2 or the other one?

Both are equally good I think, but haven't tested the 5-3-2 too much yet. The 4-2-4 I know works for lesser teams as well. Depends if you want defensive stability or "I score more than you" approach.

Hey, I changed small thing in the 4-2-4 tactic to utilize corners better.

CM role changed to CM-support, added "Get further forward" PI, removed "Shoot less" PI.
Look at first 2 screenshots. Toure is CM, now he is positioned deeper, and outer strikers (Poacher and DLF) are more likely to make a pass for him to shoot, rather than take a shot themselves. 2 first screens show striker passing the ball to Toure, and Toure taking a shot at goal.

Last 3 screenshots show CM positioning with Attack duty. Strikers are almost always trying to beat the man that starts to close them down, then take a shot into near corner of the net. Not as effective, strikers like Aguero can score some of those chances, because they have such a high dribbling stat, but others will lose the ball very often.

So far works better, corner chances are more dangerous, especially with Toure's long shot and finishing ability.

Mr L, after a lot of games played, i noticed that your GungHo have trouble against these 2 formations particularly.. Well i'm not sure really, because i'm Newcastle, but against big boys with these formations, i'm doomed !

800101d1427229471-tactic-testing-fc-4-2-3-1-wide_.png

800105d1427229500-tactic-testing-fc-4-4-2_.png

Mr L, after a lot of games played, i noticed that your GungHo have trouble against these 2 formations particularly.. Well i'm not sure really, because i'm Newcastle, but against big boys with these formations, i'm doomed !

800101d1427229471-tactic-testing-fc-4-2-3-1-wide_.png

800105d1427229500-tactic-testing-fc-4-4-2_.png

Yup, I know about those. My OI's are set specifically to deal with them. Do you use the OI's?

Mr L your 3-5-2 tactic looks really good defensively, but I play on FMC, can it still be used in this without OI's to similar effect?

Hey, I changed small thing in the 4-2-4 tactic to utilize corners better.

CM role changed to CM-support, added "Get further forward" PI, removed "Shoot less" PI.
Look at first 2 screenshots. Toure is CM, now he is positioned deeper, and outer strikers (Poacher and DLF) are more likely to make a pass for him to shoot, rather than take a shot themselves. 2 first screens show striker passing the ball to Toure, and Toure taking a shot at goal.

Last 3 screenshots show CM positioning with Attack duty. Strikers are almost always trying to beat the man that starts to close them down, then take a shot into near corner of the net. Not as effective, strikers like Aguero can score some of those chances, because they have such a high dribbling stat, but others will lose the ball very often.

So far works better, corner chances are more dangerous, especially with Toure's long shot and finishing ability.
corner is an art :)

The 532 is ridiculous, so good! Newly promoted shrewsbury I am unbeaten in the premiership for 10 games, sitting in 3rd!

Mr l think the 532 could be one of the best if you sorted out the attack, defensively it's unreal but it has potential in attack I have 20 plus shots every game but a lot of long shots still top though so can't complain just if I had one gripe it would be chances from Open play

Mr l think the 532 could be one of the best if you sorted out the attack, defensively it's unreal but it has potential in attack I have 20 plus shots every game but a lot of long shots still top though so can't complain just if I had one gripe it would be chances from Open play

Indeed, I think it has even more potential. Go try out tweaks people and post results here :D

I'm trying but tactically I'm an idiot so it's hard for me I feel the two strikers may be too far up! Felt on overload we were swinging wildly at shots do dropped mentality to attacking will see what happens

Mr. L, do you think the two tactics could be used in conjunction with each other?

Was thinking Gung-Ho at Home and the 352 Away, due to the two natures of the tactic and the similarity in results?

Feel constant changing between the two will make it a bit less predictable for the AI too and harder to counter.

I'm willing to try this out later, currently half way through a season with Sheff Wed looking good for promotion so 1st season in the Prem with a team just going up would be a good test I think? :)

Also - who should (or shouldn't due to set up) take corners?

Last edited:
Mr. L, do you think the two tactics could be used in conjunction with each other?

Was thinking Gung-Ho at Home and the 352 Away, due to the two natures of the tactic and the similarity in results?

Feel constant changing between the two will make it a bit less predictable for the AI too and harder to counter.

I'm willing to try this out later, currently half way through a season with Sheff Wed looking good for promotion so 1st season in the Prem with a team just going up would be a good test I think? :)

Also - who should (or shouldn't due to set up) take corners?

DL take corners I think. And yes, if you have a big enough amount of good players, you can try. But the two formations are extremely different, meaning much less playtime per player. On the plus side, you they would be 100% fit for every match :P

I think gung Ho would be destroyed as a smaller prem team

Not really, it's one of the best tactics for lower sides on fm-base. Will1981 had an underdog test, and it came 2nd place of all tactics tested. It's all due to the counterattacking system of the tactic. You will still get some heavy defeats, but also big wins. All in all, a points grabber, even though unstable defense.

Back