Mr Langvatn's Tactic Centre for FM15

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr Langvatn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 808
  • Views Views 188K
As I said, it's a super attacking tactic and if you face a stronger team or your team has a bad day, you get destroyed.
There's no defensive balance, unless you count pinning the AI in their box as defending. When they eventually go out, they counter you to death.
Nothing against Mr L, but that's just how this (and many others uploaded on this forum) tactic works.

Well yes, it's the highest scoring tactic of all I have. If you want defensive stability, go for Zyndar :) Points wise and GD wise, the Mean Machine is the best (over a full season that is, but of course can get a bad result here and there).

Is this just a formation change Mr L? only had to change formation in FMRTE

Mate, I would expect other things that singular match results from you :P Use it for a full season and you will see it's fantastic. Although the results YOU got with the Gung-Ho were insane :P For me, Mean Machine works better.
Will continue to give it a go mate

Leicester (media prediction 20th) first season no transfers

"Real World":

Will continue to give it a go mate

This concedes much less than Gung-Ho (over time) and scores around the same (over time). If you want, you can do a full season test with both with Liverpool, make 2 copies of the save from a fresh season. Then play out both,see what does best. I am sure Mean Machine comes out on top.

Leicester vs Man Utd and Liverpool

First season, no transfers... Not working in "the real world"? :)

Will is testing Mean Machine in his tactic test league. As the tactics will also face each other there, it will be useful information for those of you who play online vs other human-made tactics.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-15-tactics/292535-tactic-testing-european-super-league.html

Edit: Noticed it's a heavy underdog test, so mean machine won't probably do too well there :P But still, interesting information can be taken from the test in regard to which tactic counters which in online play :)

Last edited:
I have tried your new tactic, and for me personally, my CM tweak of Gung Ho is working the best. Part of the reason is, of course, my team is build and suited for that tactic, so I think I won't be changing something that works well for me :) Still a good effort though, but I didn't notice big improvement over Gung Ho (again, might be wrong, but Gung Ho is cool enough for me).

I have tried your new tactic, and for me personally, my CM tweak of Gung Ho is working the best. Part of the reason is, of course, my team is build and suited for that tactic, so I think I won't be changing something that works well for me :) Still a good effort though, but I didn't notice big improvement over Gung Ho (again, might be wrong, but Gung Ho is cool enough for me).

Ok :) I will make a new database, a new testing environment (harder, but not fully underdog), and then re-test all my tactics. More matches=more accuracy. More accuracy=working for more players :)

Ok :) I will make a new database, a new testing environment (harder, but not fully underdog), and then re-test all my tactics. More matches=more accuracy. More accuracy=working for more players :)
Still prefer Gung Ho myself, anyway thanks for all your work mate :D

Gung-Ho is your best tactic...not a brilliant tactic, but your best in this thread...

It's not though, according to my testing and real saves :P "Brilliant" tactics are impossible to do after the sliders went away... Sliders 1-20 for every option vs on/off... There is only so much I can do now. I miss FM13 :(

It's not though, according to my testing and real saves :P "Brilliant" tactics are impossible to do after the sliders went away... Sliders 1-20 for every option vs on/off... There is only so much I can do now. I miss FM13 :(

You can go to thread TUGA and see what you are saying is wrong...TUGA was brilliant before this patch

You can go to thread TUGA and see what you are saying is wrong...TUGA was brilliant before this patch

I disagree. The game isn't advanced enough to make anything "brilliant". Check FM13 and earlier, there you will find "brilliant" tactics, cause there are thousands of combinations you could use. Now, on/off on every option = total number of combinations low = more similar tactics = less difference between them in results = randomness has a bigger effect

I disagree. The game isn't advanced enough to make anything "brilliant". Check FM13 and earlier, there you will find "brilliant" tactics, cause there are thousands of combinations you could use. Now, on/off on every option = total number of combinations low = more similar tactics = less difference between them in results = randomness has a bigger effect

Now that we're discussing FM15 tactics, the problem is it seems really difficult to create defensively ultra strong plug and play tactic. Yes, we have a few decent ones here and there, like your 352, but overall 99% of the tactics are just too attacking.
Yes, they sometimes produce great results in the long run, but they also provide crazy end-to-end matches with loads of shots.

There are no lethal counter attacking tactics about.

Back