Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Hello. First off, I'd just like to mention that I've been browsing through this thread all day at work, and I got to admit - your project are extremely impressive and you have some talent. Thank you Mr. L.

For my question. I most want advice, but I am currently playing Boreham Wood in Premier Division, at the year of 2020. I am currently 34 games in and fighting with Tottenham over the fourth place. Last season was the first time I played in Premier Division, ending at 16:th place, so I am fighting my way to the top.

I am evolving quickly, and have some massive talents - for example one complete striker who are the new Messi. I am serious - I was so excited for him I had to look up through a scouting program (sorry if this is cheating) and he have a 200 potential. Out of 200.

So, what three tactics could I rotate with my team?

Thanks again!

Rock Classic, Sicilian Defense and the 2-5-3 Angels v2 :)

I got promoted to the PL in the first season with Blackpool using Rock Classic, It is truly an amazing tactic. Now that I'm in the Prem I'm struggling a bit, should I stick it out with Rock classic or would you suggest another tactic?

I got promoted to the PL in the first season with Blackpool using Rock Classic, It is truly an amazing tactic. Now that I'm in the Prem I'm struggling a bit, should I stick it out with Rock classic or would you suggest another tactic?

3-6-1 sicilian defense without a doubt

Rock Classic, Sicilian Defense and the 2-5-3 Angels v2 :)

Thank you. I am in the middle of the pre-season. I ended #4! UCL next :)
Which of the tactics would you recommend being the main one, the reserve one and the reserve-reserve one?

Thank you. I am in the middle of the pre-season. I ended #4! UCL next :)
Which of the tactics would you recommend being the main one, the reserve one and the reserve-reserve one?

Depends how strong your team is. 4-1-4-1 rock classic is the most balanced one.

Hey followed this thread for a while. I'm a fan of all the work you've put in. It's all very impressive stuff.

I was trying out the 2-5-3 for man utd and it seems no matter what happens RVP and Rooney never score and consistently have ratings in the low 6s. I am a utd fan and always try a quick game with united. Eventually it becomes too easy but I like to do a season all the same.

Anyways my question is obvious how come this happens. Are they just awful with the formation?

So what do you exactly use?

Hey Crags, apologies for the late reply I'm abroad at the moment with no laptop...sad times...BUT...

i use exactly the same as what Mr L now uses:

General training - Tactics plus in have it on low
Slider - 10% (all the way to the right, bar 1 click)
Match prep - attacking movement
ALL individual player training on HIGH intensity (it appears to speed up player development if your also playing them in matches)

Hope that helps...let the battle for the sun beds begin!!!!!

i recommending u to use at least 20%, because when u have only 10%, players sometimes are unhappy about too light match training ;).

Hey followed this thread for a while. I'm a fan of all the work you've put in. It's all very impressive stuff.

I was trying out the 2-5-3 for man utd and it seems no matter what happens RVP and Rooney never score and consistently have ratings in the low 6s. I am a utd fan and always try a quick game with united. Eventually it becomes too easy but I like to do a season all the same.

Anyways my question is obvious how come this happens. Are they just awful with the formation?

Is someone else scoring the goals instead? If you are winning games it shouldn't be a problem, I have found that the strikers in the 2-5-3 will score something silly like 5 in 3 games and then go 5 games without a goal and usually when they are not scoring it means someone else is getting the goals instead. I think how the match engine works is that it calculates what the result should be and then creates the highlights and depending on who is in form etc decides who is going to score the goals, so for example if the ME calculates that the result is 3-0 to your team and for example your opposition are weak at set pieces and you have a good set piece set up then the ME may decide that you are most likely going to score from a corner thus one goal is scored by your centre back, then the ME may decide that your centre midfielder is in crazy form and he is the next most likely scorer and thus the other 2 goals go to him, this leaves no goals for your strikers even though they have done nothing wrong and in the next match it is just as likely the game calculates that they are the most likely source of goals and they knock in 4! It's nothing wrong with your strikers, it's just the way the game works and I wouldn't worry about it unless you are not winning games. I am currently using the 2-5-3 and am winning most games around 4-0, some games all 3 strikers will get the goals but when they don't score I am still winning 4-0 but other players are scoring instead. If the match engine allowed goalscoring players to score every game then you could soon build a team that wins 10-0 every game. It's all about calculating the most likely source of a goal during a match depending on mostly opposition tactics, weaknesses etc. It makes much more sense and is no big deal if you think of the match as just a bunch of numbers and calculations and the players are just numbered variables thrown into the calculator to decide a likely outcome. Rock classic is a great example..... You win many games with big scores but usually you will find that you go on a run and your centre mids will score all the goals and your striker will not score any or your striker will score loads and your midfielders score none, very rarely will you see the midfielders scoring loads in the same game as the striker because this would unbalance the result and unbalance the game as a whole like in old FM games when you would see 14-0 scorelines every other week.

You prob didn't want to know all that, so basically they will score when someone else who is currently scoring drops off form and stops :D

Hello,

i have one thing.Gambit tactic will work on 13.0.0 standard base?

Hello,

i have one thing.Gambit tactic will work on 13.0.0 standard base?

Why would you need it to? The game should update on it's own, unless it's an illegal copy. I very much doubt that this tactic has been tested on 13.0.0, why don't you just try it?

If you run it through a season, you will see that they score too. But it's like what "the other guy" said, as long as you're winning games, it's no problem. Someone has to get the goals, and not always the strikers.

Hey Crags, apologies for the late reply I'm abroad at the moment with no laptop...sad times...BUT...

i use exactly the same as what Mr L now uses:

General training - Tactics plus in have it on low
Slider - 10% (all the way to the right, bar 1 click)
Match prep - attacking movement
ALL individual player training on HIGH intensity (it appears to speed up player development if your also playing them in matches)

Hope that helps...let the battle for the sun beds begin!!!!!

I'm actually running the slider on 30% :p

I need to play on 13.0.0 becouse there is such update for polish league witch works only on 13.0.0 and i\I was wondering if that tactic will work.

in the classic rock I'm confused about what players are correct in the wings ...

for example neymar in the left and messi right is good at? players with those stats? or get better results with more defensive players stats?

I used Man City and players like Silva, Isco, Navas, Bale, Tello, good performance have not :( that players will have better performance in the wings to you?? Sorry for my bad english :p