Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

Mr L, that players can recommend for wingers?? Farfan is good? I am frustrated with the players I try in that position and rock classic tactic not works well for me, i used teams City, Milan, PSG, Juventus and never work for me

What type of strikers and central midfielders are you using? They need to be strong with good teamwork and workrate, players like Ibrahimovic, Balotelli, Aguero will not do well in the rock tactic. If the tactic is not working then it is usually due to weak and work shy players. In my opinion anyway, but I am sure Mr L will tell you the same.

Maybe we should start a thread for players that people find work in various positions for varios tactics?

Hey i was wondering if you could create a tactic that crosses a lot onto a target man like andy carroll. king of like a long ball tactic how west ham play. ive been trying to create one but i simply cant do it. id prefare 1 striker but if 2 is needed then that's fine.. any help?

Mr L, want to ask you smth regarding match preparation. I'm currently using rock classic against similar and bigger opponents when I'm having a home game. Do you thing I can use 2-5-3 V2? For away games, I'm using 3-6-1 defence against similar and bigger opponents. What effect will I faced if I used rock classic for those away games? Btw, my match preparation is att. movement, but I change to def. position when I'm playing away against the big boys. Are the match preparation alright with this set-up? And I'm using Man Utd btw. Thanks very much

What type of strikers and central midfielders are you using? They need to be strong with good teamwork and workrate, players like Ibrahimovic, Balotelli, Aguero will not do well in the rock tactic. If the tactic is not working then it is usually due to weak and work shy players. In my opinion anyway, but I am sure Mr L will tell you the same.

In City saved used Yaya Toure and Morgan Schneiderlin (Great performance's for me in this position) and Lewandowski for ST
Results: 3rd in EPL and eliminated in group fase UCL
In Milan saved used Schneiderlin and Luiz Gustavo and Balotelli for ST
Results: 3rd in Serie A and eliminated in 1st round UCL to Dynamo Kiev
In Juve saved used Vidal and Marchisio and Tevez for ST
Results: 2nd in Serie A and eliminated in 1st round UCL to Fenerbace
In PSG saved used Cabaye and Schneiderlin and Cavani for ST
Results: Won Ligue1 (But more losses) and eliminated in group fase UCL
And always used teamtalks to Assistant (Tassotti or Ayestaran)

In City saved used Yaya Toure and Morgan Schneiderlin (Great performance's for me in this position) and Lewandowski for ST

Should be winning the league without a problem as Man City with those players in the team :S I'm puzzled! Over to MR L for this one I'm afraid, don't think I can be much more use to you.

In all teams the wingers get very bad ratings around 5.7 to 6.7 in a few games his rating rise above 7.0

I've been enjoying some success with Blackpool. I started off in the Championship and gained promotion in the first season using Rock Classic. I switched to Sicillian Defense for the Prem because I knew I'd be the underdog. Blackpool don't get much money to spend but I still managed to sign a few players and ended up finishing 14th in the first season. Just started the second season in the prem now and I seem to be doing a little better. Got about 18mil to spend of players and I brought a few youngers in as well. I also got offered the Man Utd & Spurs job.

Problem is, I think I'm doing something wrong somewhere because the results are not improving. I've added pictures of everything, can anyone spot something I'm doing wrong?View attachment 374433View attachment 374434View attachment 374435View attachment 374436View attachment 374437

Last edited:

How many players did you buy first season?

In all teams the wingers get very bad ratings around 5.7 to 6.7 in a few games his rating rise above 7.0

Because my tactics have passing "through the middle". Simple as that :p The wingers aren't very active. They just drag their defenders out to the touchline, so there is more room in the middle for the DMC's, CM's and the strikers.

I've been enjoying some success with Blackpool. I started off in the Championship and gained promotion in the first season using Rock Classic. I switched to Sicillian Defense for the Prem because I knew I'd be the underdog. Blackpool don't get much money to spend but I still managed to sign a few players and ended up finishing 14th in the first season. Just started the second season in the prem now and I seem to be doing a little better. Got about 18mil to spend of players and I brought a few youngers in as well. I also got offered the Man Utd & Spurs job.

Problem is, I think I'm doing something wrong somewhere because the results are not improving. I've added pictures of everything, can anyone spot something I'm doing wrong?View attachment 374433View attachment 374434View attachment 374435View attachment 374436View attachment 374437

There is no problem really. You have 5 wins 5 draws and 6 losses as blackpool in 2014. That's not bad considering you bought new players that need time to gel. Usually takes from half a season to a whole season.

This also count for your old players. They also need to "re-gel" with the new players. So everybody will underperform a while after making many new signings. I've found that this also counts for players not in the starting 11. The starting 11 players are affected by other players in the team, even if they aren't playing. Same goes for real life I think.

There is no problem really. You have 5 wins 5 draws and 6 losses as blackpool in 2014. That's not bad considering you bought new players that need time to gel. Usually takes from half a season to a whole season.

This also count for your old players. They also need to "re-gel" with the new players. So everybody will underperform a while after making many new signings. I've found that this also counts for players not in the starting 11. The starting 11 players are affected by other players in the team, even if they aren't playing. Same goes for real life I think.

Excellent thanks for the reply. Do you think I need to strengthen any area of the team with new signings?

How many players did you buy first season?
No more than 2 or 3 players
Because my tactics have passing "through the middle". Simple as that :p The wingers aren't very active. They just drag their defenders out to the touchline, so there is more room in the middle for the DMC's, CM's and the strikers.
then it is not necessary to use world class players in those positions? with players with good teamwork and work rate would be enough?

No more than 2 or 3 players

then it is not necessary to use world class players in those positions? with players with good teamwork and work rate would be enough?

ML and MR should be the last upgrade you do yes :) Good marking/tackling/workrate/teamwork is a bonus yeah :)

Have you tried the 2-5-3 Angels v2 or the 4-1-3-2 Queens Gambit? Those are good for top teams I think :)

Hey Mr L,

Got a bit of a challenge for you which I think you could do well to create. Back in the days of CM 01/02 there was a tactic that the AI used from time to time to counter user teams and it was called the Defensive_Counter tactic. Ever played 01/02 / Heard of it? I think you could actually make it with the principles you've been using for 2-5-3 and it was also allow for people to use AMC's if they want.

The formation was 4-3-2-1 (Christmas Tree ; DR-DC-DC-DL-DMC-DMC-DMC-AMC-AMC-FC) with the fullbacks with forward runs, outer DMC's with forward runs and the AMC's with forward runs.

What do you think? Think you could replicate it? Could be a mix of the settings you have for the MC's/FC in Rock and the DMC's in the Angels tactic.

Is someone else scoring the goals instead? If you are winning games it shouldn't be a problem, I have found that the strikers in the 2-5-3 will score something silly like 5 in 3 games and then go 5 games without a goal and usually when they are not scoring it means someone else is getting the goals instead. I think how the match engine works is that it calculates what the result should be and then creates the highlights and depending on who is in form etc decides who is going to score the goals, so for example if the ME calculates that the result is 3-0 to your team and for example your opposition are weak at set pieces and you have a good set piece set up then the ME may decide that you are most likely going to score from a corner thus one goal is scored by your centre back, then the ME may decide that your centre midfielder is in crazy form and he is the next most likely scorer and thus the other 2 goals go to him, this leaves no goals for your strikers even though they have done nothing wrong and in the next match it is just as likely the game calculates that they are the most likely source of goals and they knock in 4! It's nothing wrong with your strikers, it's just the way the game works and I wouldn't worry about it unless you are not winning games. I am currently using the 2-5-3 and am winning most games around 4-0, some games all 3 strikers will get the goals but when they don't score I am still winning 4-0 but other players are scoring instead. If the match engine allowed goalscoring players to score every game then you could soon build a team that wins 10-0 every game. It's all about calculating the most likely source of a goal during a match depending on mostly opposition tactics, weaknesses etc. It makes much more sense and is no big deal if you think of the match as just a bunch of numbers and calculations and the players are just numbered variables thrown into the calculator to decide a likely outcome. Rock classic is a great example..... You win many games with big scores but usually you will find that you go on a run and your centre mids will score all the goals and your striker will not score any or your striker will score loads and your midfielders score none, very rarely will you see the midfielders scoring loads in the same game as the striker because this would unbalance the result and unbalance the game as a whole like in old FM games when you would see 14-0 scorelines every other week.

You prob didn't want to know all that, so basically they will score when someone else who is currently scoring drops off form and stops :D

That is just the thing though. 4 games in with the tactic fully trained and only won 2 lost 2 in premier league and drew to juventus in champions league and I had one shot in that game...

I can provide ss later. I know the tactic is good as I tested it for a season on another save. Just seems like another year I can win the premier league with anyone but united...

i think my results are a 2-0 loss to stoke away. 3-1 win v qpr at home 2-0 win v reading at home and 1-2 loss to Sunderland away and a 1-1 draw to juventus away

hernandez scored 3 vidic has 1 and the 2 signings I made sandro and de Rossi both scored 1 also ( my 2 new signings) and an own goal...

my first team is de gea, vidic ferdinand, rafael Sandro Carrick de Rossi evra, Rooney Hernandez RVP

i know something isn't working I just don't know what...

v stoke they had 2 cccs I had 0
v qpr they had 1 CCc I had 1
v reading they had 1 CCc I had 0
v Sunderland they had 1 ccc I had 1
v juventus they had 0 CCc I had 0

its not like any of the other stats make better reading either...

any help would be appriciated.

I have to disagree with the statement that wingers get lower ratings. Here's a proof. I got him for no literally no money and he turned into club legend :) The last two seasons he had some nasty injuries (out for 4 months and 5 months, respectively). You can see what he did... And all assists are mostly from open play as I had him as my 3rd choice corner kick taker. His performance in 2018-2019 is still the highest average rating in Serie A.

View attachment 374459View attachment 374460

And another proof from not a regen. Even though he was used only 1 season as a first-choice winger, he performed really great. And to be honest he seems to be one of the most overrated players this year, tbh.
View attachment 374461

ML and MR should be the last upgrade you do yes :) Good marking/tackling/workrate/teamwork is a bonus yeah :)

Have you tried the 2-5-3 Angels v2 or the 4-1-3-2 Queens Gambit? Those are good for top teams I think :)
Yes, use 2-5-3 Angels v2 and did not get great results and I had severe problems with the midfielders and physical shape, had to rotate in every game and still had some games not available any midfielder from exhaustion, and used recommended training in the op

The tactic did not test Gambit