Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

View attachment 374569

I am breaking league and team records week by week! beat Palace and Bournemouth in the FA Cup, got Norwich away in the last 16, no chance of winning that!

Into February now and still unbeaten in all comps! Walking the league, last 16 of FA Cup and semi final of FA Trophy to come.
What tactic you using for this? It work well in that league?

hes useing the 253v2 and by the look of it hes rocking it

Yep, just broke Wrexham's record games unbeaten, I now stand at 42 games unbeaten this season in all comps! I think that is about to end though as I am now about to kick off against Norwich away in the FA Cup last 16.

Very interesting, do all the teams have the same players? and are you managing in all the games yourself?

Yeah, I'm managing the games myself, and all four teams are 100% equal, same players, same reputation, etc etc.

Yep, just broke Wrexham's record games unbeaten, I now stand at 42 games unbeaten this season in all comps! I think that is about to end though as I am now about to kick off against Norwich away in the FA Cup last 16.

The unbeaten run in all comps has come to an end :( Very pleased with the performance we managed 7 shots to their 9 but Norwich just had too much quality and a couple of mistakes cost us, but only a 2-1 defeat in the end, away to a premier league side, it was 1-1 until late in the 2nd half when Norwich cleared a corner and broke free, my defender slid in and completely missed the ball and the player allowing him to go one on one with the keeper and he scored.

The unbeaten run in all comps has come to an end :( Very pleased with the performance we managed 7 shots to their 9 but Norwich just had too much quality and a couple of mistakes cost us, but only a 2-1 defeat in the end, away to a premier league side, it was 1-1 until late in the 2nd half when Norwich cleared a corner and broke free, my defender slid in and completely missed the ball and the player allowing him to go one on one with the keeper and he scored.
unlucky mate but just think how far you have come got to be happy with that

unlucky mate but just think how far you have come got to be happy with that

Yeah, even happier with the money from the three games on TV :D Should get me a decent budget next season I hope. Now trying to go unbeaten all season in the league, I have never managed that before. I had a season in which I lost 1 game, but never gone undefeated. Fingers crossed.

Using the 2-3-5 with Wolves and now finding near the end of the season that we can't keep a clean sheet for toffee, in my last 5 games I've played, I've conceded 8, against **** teams compared to mine (Bristol City, Crawley, Colchester, Preston, Oldham), really beginning to **** me off, not like I'm winning them either, I've lost 2, got dominated by Colchester and Bristol City, it's a joke.

Using the 2-3-5 with Wolves and now finding near the end of the season that we can't keep a clean sheet for toffee, in my last 5 games I've played, I've conceded 8, against **** teams compared to mine (Bristol City, Crawley, Colchester, Preston, Oldham), really beginning to **** me off, not like I'm winning them either, I've lost 2, got dominated by Colchester and Bristol City, it's a joke.

The 2-5-3 isn't as stable in the back as the others really. 3-6-1 sicilian defense and the 4-1-4-1 Rock Classic is more recommended for lower leagues.

is anyone creating a thread for the players to use i got some good cms that i can add

Use 4-1-4-1 Rock Classic. Incredible tactic.

What about this 4-4-2 v2 in the front post? Is it a good tactics for away games against lesser sides??

I really need my bed, but I want to finish this season with Wrexham first to see if I can stay unbeaten. Still only lost that one game in the FA Cup to prem team Norwich, now won the FA Shield and with 5 games left in the league I have so far won 37 drew 4 lost 0 in the league. If I am going to lose it could be now, injuries are mounting and I have 2 games in 3 days!

Edit: lost the 3rd from last game :( 1-0, dominated but couldn't score and then they got a last minute penalty, GUTTED! Still an amazing season though. 4 wins and a draw with Wales in the world cup qualifiers as well.

Would you believe it, lost 2 in a row!!!! Final table was not to shabby though! Forest Green must be really ****** off!

View attachment 374707

Last edited:
Took me a while to gather mental strength and start a new save after losing my beloved Leeds game. Started with Sampdoria, newly promoted, 1 point deducted for fixing games or referees and a low transfer budget. Media prediction 14 or 16 can't remember exactly.

Won the league with many points to spare although Juve had a great season.

Used 4-1-4-1 classic. Struggled after the january break due to my team being 1st in the league. I tried a few tweaks but the only thing you have to adjust after re-assesment is the team talks. When heavy favorite, aggressively ask for a win.

I did reload 1 game. I used the new 4-1-3-2 tactic after struggling with weaker opposition and drew 1-1 with Sienna i think, reloaded using Rock Classic and lost, hahahaha, 1-2. The fix, as i said, was more agressive team talks.

Pedro Obiang (evaluated at $15,000,000 after first season) and Poli are immense on this tactic. Loaned Suchy for almost nothing and performed very well as CD.

Once again, Thank You Mr. L for sharing your work with us.

PS: IF THE ENLARGED PICS DO NOT LOAD, HIT REFRESH.

Last edited: