Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

I have to disagree with the statement that wingers get lower ratings. Here's a proof. I got him for no literally no money and he turned into club legend :) The last two seasons he had some nasty injuries (out for 4 months and 5 months, respectively). You can see what he did... And all assists are mostly from open play as I had him as my 3rd choice corner kick taker. His performance in 2018-2019 is still the highest average rating in Serie A.

View attachment 374459View attachment 374460

And another proof from not a regen. Even though he was used only 1 season as a first-choice winger, he performed really great. And to be honest he seems to be one of the most overrated players this year, tbh.
View attachment 374461

But, that regen has some impressive stats, what is strange then that does not give good rating!

I have to disagree with the statement that wingers get lower ratings. Here's a proof. I got him for no literally no money and he turned into club legend :) The last two seasons he had some nasty injuries (out for 4 months and 5 months, respectively). You can see what he did... And all assists are mostly from open play as I had him as my 3rd choice corner kick taker. His performance in 2018-2019 is still the highest average rating in Serie A.

And another proof from not a regen. Even though he was used only 1 season as a first-choice winger, he performed really great. And to be honest he seems to be one of the most overrated players this year, tbh.
View attachment 374461

I think the reason he performs good is because he has very high physical stats. All players all over the field should be strong really.

Hey Mr L,

Got a bit of a challenge for you which I think you could do well to create. Back in the days of CM 01/02 there was a tactic that the AI used from time to time to counter user teams and it was called the Defensive_Counter tactic. Ever played 01/02 / Heard of it? I think you could actually make it with the principles you've been using for 2-5-3 and it was also allow for people to use AMC's if they want.

The formation was 4-3-2-1 (Christmas Tree ; DR-DC-DC-DL-DMC-DMC-DMC-AMC-AMC-FC) with the fullbacks with forward runs, outer DMC's with forward runs and the AMC's with forward runs.

What do you think? Think you could replicate it? Could be a mix of the settings you have for the MC's/FC in Rock and the DMC's in the Angels tactic.

It would be almost equal to the 2-5-3 angels v2 :p Can just lower the wingbacks to fullbacks, and the outer strikers to AMC's. Would probably perform very well that too. Care to try it? You should just keep the settings then, just change the formation to the one you mentioned.

It would be almost equal to the 2-5-3 angels v2 :p Can just lower the wingbacks to fullbacks, and the outer strikers to AMC's. Would probably perform very well that too. Care to try it? You should just keep the settings then, just change the formation to the one you mentioned.

I could possibly later on in the season. I've just recently moved clubs from Bath City where I spent 20 years. Brendan Rodgers took over from Benfica and I moved there instead. I have a few AMC's who would probably do the role well, if not I can just use AMR/AML's or even strikers. I'll let you know when I try it.

ML and MR should be the last upgrade you do yes :) Good marking/tackling/workrate/teamwork is a bonus yeah :)

Have you tried the 2-5-3 Angels v2 or the 4-1-3-2 Queens Gambit? Those are good for top teams I think :)

Look at this result :D It works with underdogs too, Blue Square Prem side Wrexham 4-2 Crystal Palace. Just look at the shots on goal etc, dominated the match :O Was 4-1 up and they scored right at the end due to a mess up by my keeper. I think this is my best result yet on FM13, I have beaten championship sides before with BSP teams using the rock, but I have never dominated the game, It's usually been a lucky win against someone like Barnsley!

View attachment 374490

Oh and just before this game I lost my top scorer for 6 months due to injury and at 0-0 I had to sub my best midfielder and play a wingback at DM!

That was televised too :D made me 250k, bring on Bournemouth at home in round 4 :p

Last edited:
4-1-4-1 Rock Classic
what should i filter the forward as ? poacher or target?

View attachment 374461

Dammit! I was all set on using the Queens Gambit due to me loving Green Arrow. Then you show me these and due to my natural love for PROPER wingers, I'm now using Rock.

Can I see the rest of your team? [Even if regens]

Finish the season with Aston Villa using LFCMarshall update with an FA Cup and 6th position in the EPL. Not sure whether is it a success. Using the 361 most of the times.

Finish the season with Aston Villa using LFCMarshall update with an FA Cup and 6th position in the EPL. Not sure whether is it a success. Using the 361 most of the times.

It's more than qualified for aston villa I think :)

View attachment 374569

I am breaking league and team records week by week! beat Palace and Bournemouth in the FA Cup, got Norwich away in the last 16, no chance of winning that!

Into February now and still unbeaten in all comps! Walking the league, last 16 of FA Cup and semi final of FA Trophy to come.

Last edited: