Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

I really need my bed, but I want to finish this season with Wrexham first to see if I can stay unbeaten. Still only lost that one game in the FA Cup to prem team Norwich, now won the FA Shield and with 5 games left in the league I have so far won 37 drew 4 lost 0 in the league. If I am going to lose it could be now, injuries are mounting and I have 2 games in 3 days!

Edit: lost the 3rd from last game :( 1-0, dominated but couldn't score and then they got a last minute penalty, GUTTED! Still an amazing season though. 4 wins and a draw with Wales in the world cup qualifiers as well.

Would you believe it, lost 2 in a row!!!! Final table was not to shabby though! Forest Green must be really ****** off!

View attachment 374707

I often get the same problem when I've already won the league. It's most likely due to low motivation among the players. They have nothing to play for. They always play like **** for me after the trophy is secured.

New format tactic test so far :) Just did some modifications to Will's custom database :)

Last edited:
Will8578: Is it much work changing the teams reputation and the players stats? In case I want to do the same test but with underdogs instead of top teams.

I often get the same problem when I've already won the league. It's most likely due to low motivation among the players. They have nothing to play for. They always play like **** for me after the trophy is secured.

yes, I watched on extended highlights and my team still dominated the match but the shots on goal were sloppy and my defence kept making silly mistakes. You would have thought they would want to go the season unbeaten lol

yes, I watched on extended highlights and my team still dominated the match but the shots on goal were sloppy and my defence kept making silly mistakes. You would have thought they would want to go the season unbeaten lol

They were probably drinking, celebrating :p

Today we're gonna hit half a million views on the new thread :) In under 3 months :)

Will8578: Is it much work changing the teams reputation and the players stats? In case I want to do the same test but with underdogs instead of top teams.

youll have to ask will1981 mate, i dont do testing databases, sorry ;)

I think 4-1-4-1 Rock<4-1-3-2 Gambit<2-5-3 v2. Rock is the best.

I figured it out myself. Gonna do another test with the same tactics when this one is done, but reduce the reputation to 5000, and players ca/pa to 120. (underdog test)

After the disaster of my Fiorentina save, my Udinese save not so bad with the 4-1-4-1 Rock Classic, 1st season.

Reporting back in Mr.L!

Now ive had a chance to use the tactics a bit Im pleased to report the Queens Gambit is starting to take effect!

Brief back story: I left my current job at AGOVV for Feyernoord just as I discovered your brilliant tactics thread, so I figured now is a good time to try something new. Feyernoord sat in 11th place massively underachieving but with a decent squad and obviously there amazing youth fac + training fac.

Morale was low and as its mid-season I couldnt use your guide to getting the tactics sorted immediately as I had no pre-season to do so. Also another factor was I couldn't use the Rock Classic as Id wanted because I simply had no wingers (plenty of AML + AMR but no time to retrain them) + massively over wage budget so couldnt sign any freebies.

Going through your tactics The one that best fitted the current squad I have is Queens Gambit. I wasnt expecting it to work immediately due to players morale, the fact i'd just walked through the door at 28 years old etc...drew the first two games. Didnt control possession but did create more chances than who we were playing. 9 games in an ive won 4, drawn 4 and lost 1 (which was against AZ who were 2nd and we had a man sent off for 2 yellow cards within first 6....YES 6mins).

Im planning (provided I keep my job) to sign a few wingers I trust in the summer an play Rock Classic next season as people seem to be raving about that more than Queens Gambit (as I dont see many people using it sadly, despite myself liking it).

One question though. Do you have any special tips on retraining players for positions. I never seem to have much luck! Like you mentioned a few pages back you got Sterling playing upfront well. For example Ive got loads of decent AML/AMR players but can they easily be trained to play upfront within some of your other formations?

Reporting back in Mr.L!

Now ive had a chance to use the tactics a bit Im pleased to report the Queens Gambit is starting to take effect!

Brief back story: I left my current job at AGOVV for Feyernoord just as I discovered your brilliant tactics thread, so I figured now is a good time to try something new. Feyernoord sat in 11th place massively underachieving but with a decent squad and obviously there amazing youth fac + training fac.

Morale was low and as its mid-season I couldnt use your guide to getting the tactics sorted immediately as I had no pre-season to do so. Also another factor was I couldn't use the Rock Classic as Id wanted because I simply had no wingers (plenty of AML + AMR but no time to retrain them) + massively over wage budget so couldnt sign any freebies.

Going through your tactics The one that best fitted the current squad I have is Queens Gambit. I wasnt expecting it to work immediately due to players morale, the fact i'd just walked through the door at 28 years old etc...drew the first two games. Didnt control possession but did create more chances than who we were playing. 9 games in an ive won 4, drawn 4 and lost 1 (which was against AZ who were 2nd and we had a man sent off for 2 yellow cards within first 6....YES 6mins).

Im planning (provided I keep my job) to sign a few wingers I trust in the summer an play Rock Classic next season as people seem to be raving about that more than Queens Gambit (as I dont see many people using it sadly, despite myself liking it).

One question though. Do you have any special tips on retraining players for positions. I never seem to have much luck! Like you mentioned a few pages back you got Sterling playing upfront well. For example Ive got loads of decent AML/AMR players but can they easily be trained to play upfront within some of your other formations?

AML/AMR performs very well if retrained to strikers (advanced forwards). Use them as side strikers in the 2-5-3 angels v2 (my personal favourite tactic).

The current testing I am doing now will take a while lol. Two tests, one where the four managed teams have ca/pa 200 players and 10.000 reputation, and one where the teams have ca/pa 120 and 5.000 reputation :) Gonna finish the Premier League on both tests. This will be the ultimate confirmation of what works best for underdog/mid-range teams, and what works best for sub-top/top teams.

Last edited: