Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

I found player filter on this site that covers all the positions in the game: Player Position Search Filter - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Dont know how good it is, but it is worth a look.

CREATED TO THE CREATOR FOR THE FILTERS:
IanC/Crusader

The way I see the 4141 rock tactic is:

GK - Normal
DR/L - Full Backs (Support)
CD - Center (Defence)
DM - Anchor (Defence)
MR/L - Winger (Support or Defence)
CM - Advancing Playmaker (Support)
CF - Complete (if you have good Strikers) or Advance Forward (Attack)

But please correct me if I got the positions wrong. I just get the best out of this tactic with these type of players.

Hope it help.

I found player filter on this site that covers all the positions in the game: Player Position Search Filter - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

IanC/Crusader

GK - Normal
CD - Center (Defence)
DM - Anchor (Defence)

But please correct me if I got the positions wrong. I just get the best out of this tactic with these type of players.

Hope it help.

Rock:

DM - deep laying playmaker
CM - box to box midfielder
CF - complete striker (or poacher)

Which best player types for 3-6-1 Sicilian Defense ?
DM, CM and CF? -?

IanC/Crusader

GK - Normal
CD - Center (Defence)
DM - Anchor (Defence)

Hope it help.

DM - DLP (DeepLyingPlaymaker)
MR/L - normal Winger (there is no defence duty)
CM - B2B (Box-to-Box-Midfielder)

Updated the front page with suggested individual training for my four recommended tactics. These should also be the kind of players you should be looking for.

You should note what rep teams (low, mid, etc.) each of the four recommended tactics should be used for and you should remove all the non-recommended tactics to clean it up and hopefully eliminate questions about which tactic for this and which tactic for that.

Updated the front page with suggested individual training for my four recommended tactics. These should also be the kind of players you should be looking for.

Perfect...just what I was looking for......sorry to be a pain....not being picky or anything but for sicilian defence where you've put dmc = centre mid.....are we looking for all 3 mids to be the same then or do you mean defensive mid and 2 centre mids for individual training?

Mr. L,

just a little thing about the update. For the sicilian defense. if a player is only DMC and not MC as position, you won't be able to train him as central midfielder.. Correct?

Last edited:
question not necessarily tactic based.

do you sub tired players or underperforming players?

Suppose you are losing or not winning, which type of sub (tired or bad) is more likely to change things around?

SWANSEA 3rd Season-Champions League

Hi man, great work!

3rd season with Swansea, last year was 3rd in division, using the queen. Now, can I use 2-5-3 in my Swansea?

CB's De vrij, Papadopoulos, Ashley williams, WB's, peruzzi, de sciglio,mansur,davies, DM's britton,soutto,cirigliano,MC's Jadson,Ekdal,Obiang,Michu, Strikers Destro,rodrigo,belfodil,benzia,fierro,wickham.

Cheers mate!

Mr. L, I couldn't find in OP but what pitch size do you recommend for the top 4 tactics?

Hi man, great work!

3rd season with Swansea, last year was 3rd in division, using the queen. Now, can I use 2-5-3 in my Swansea?

CB's De vrij, Papadopoulos, Ashley williams, WB's, peruzzi, de sciglio,mansur,davies, DM's britton,soutto,cirigliano,MC's Jadson,Ekdal,Obiang,Michu, Strikers Destro,rodrigo,belfodil,benzia,fierro,wickham.

Cheers mate!

Should be fine then yeah :) As long as your team gel level is good (check assistant manager team report)

question not necessarily tactic based.

do you sub tired players or underperforming players?

Suppose you are losing or not winning, which type of sub (tired or bad) is more likely to change things around?

I'm usually never subbing unless there are injuries or red cards :p

Mr. L,

just a little thing about the update. For the sicilian defense. if a player is only DMC and not MC as position, you won't be able to train him as central midfielder.. Correct?
True, then you can either train him as a DLP, or position train him to CM just to get the option to train him as central midfielder.

Perfect...just what I was looking for......sorry to be a pain....not being picky or anything but for sicilian defence where you've put dmc = centre mid.....are we looking for all 3 mids to be the same then or do you mean defensive mid and 2 centre mids for individual training?
Ye, all three mids the same.

You should note what rep teams (low, mid, etc.) each of the four recommended tactics should be used for and you should remove all the non-recommended tactics to clean it up and hopefully eliminate questions about which tactic for this and which tactic for that.
Ehm, I already did that :) 2-5-3 Angels v2 for top teams etc.. And I can't remove the other tactics, cause every time I do, people ask me for weeks where did the other tactics go, cause there are always people having success with them too.

Should be fine then yeah :) As long as your team gel level is good (check assistant manager team report)

I'm usually never subbing unless there are injuries or red cards :p

True, then you can either train him as a DLP, or position train him to CM just to get the option to train him as central midfielder.

Ye, all three mids the same.

Ehm, I already did that :) 2-5-3 Angels v2 for top teams etc.. And I can't remove the other tactics, cause every time I do, people ask me for weeks where did the other tactics go, cause there are always people having success with them too.

-Cool.Last question. Michu and Jadson. I reckon they can't play that good as DMCR or L, Michu can play as a striker of the three on top, but what about Jadson?should I use him as DMCR-L? Marking 11 ,pass 18 and really good stats, but strength 9 and red as DMCR-L.Thanks!

Last edited:
-Cool.Last question. Michu and Jadson. I reckon they can't play that good as DMCR or L, Michu can play as a striker of the three on top, but what about Jadson?should I use him as DMCR-L? Marking 11 ,pass 18 and really good stats, but strength 9 and red as DMCR-L.Thanks!

You should have Michu as the middle FC as it helps if he's creative and good passing, which Michu is. I think you're going to have to sell Jadson and get someone else in. He's not a DMC and lacks the stats for that even though he's good as a player.

What position is he good at then? (green). Takes a while getting from red to green, so have to be next season then if you wanna use him as dmc. What's his work rate and stamina like? DMCR/DMCL requires heavy stamina and work rate.

Last edited:
Into my 5th season in the prem with Blackpool and I switched from Rock Classic to Queens Gambit and I'm currently 12 points clear at the top with 10 games to go, Rock Classic did well for me but I usually ended up around 3rd. Queens Gambit is going to give me my first Premier league win.

Love it.

How do you set your pitch size? Dont seem to get that option to choose it now in pre season
Thanks