Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

It would have performed about the same as the 2-5-3 from the first test. 100% equal tactics except wingbacks vs fullbacks.

i was asking it because of some goals I concede. My central defenders don't find a player to pass to when they have the ball and they like to mess up then. So that was why I was considering the 4-3-3. However I'm not sure if they will be much closer to these defenders then because as soon as we have the ball, all players start rushing forward :D

Rock Classic is such a tidy formation for the casual, cheers Clubber Lang! :) Also has anyone else noticed that if you switch to the pre-season training just before your squad goes away on holiday at the end of a season, they'll have the formation practically mastered before playing any friendlies? It's ideal so you can concentrate on other training types during the friendlies.

Decided to take some time off from tactic testing and run my own team. Here are the results from my first season:

View attachment 380083

Missed winning the league because we tied last game of season, so we lost by 2 points. Not bad for a projected 19th finish.... Keep up the great work... Cheers....

Rock Classic is such a tidy formation for the casual, cheers Clubber Lang! :) Also has anyone else noticed that if you switch to the pre-season training just before your squad goes away on holiday at the end of a season, they'll have the formation practically mastered before playing any friendlies? It's ideal so you can concentrate on other training types during the friendlies.

what do you mean "switch to preseason training"?

MrL I'm playing with your 2-7-1 with Bayern and it can be best tactic. Especially Attack is amazing and defense is solid but opponent's corners can be dangerous like 4-1-3-1-1 Degen. I continue to try this tactic but I enjoy it.

I only have one thing to figure out on the 2-7-1, and that's whether or not to set it to counter-attack... Works very well both off and on, so have to test this very thoroughly to figure this one out.

Wow really ? U mean a game after season finishes, directly change the training for pre season ?

I tested them all quite alot, and in my opinion nezza V3 and Rock classic same good for both tops and underdogs, 2-5-3 and 3-6-1 abit behind

The 2-5-3 and 3-6-1 are actually a tad better than the rock classic :p

what do you recommend individual training and general training 2-7-1 mr langvath

Last edited:
The 2-5-3 and 3-6-1 are actually a tad better than the rock classic :p
Well, 2-5-3 require 3 strikers (better 5 with subs). I dont know any EPL team (except MU) with 4 good strikers.
3-6-1 you need like 10 players for subs (1 sub striker, 1 MC, 2-3 DC/DM, 2-3 WB/W, 1 GK). Any bad injure streak and you in troubles

Well, 2-5-3 require 3 strikers (better 5 with subs). I dont know any EPL team (except MU) with 4 good strikers.
3-6-1 you need like 10 players for subs (1 sub striker, 1 MC, 2-3 DC/DM, 2-3 WB/W, 1 GK). Any bad injure streak and you in troubles

I'm only talking about the tactic's quality, not how good it fits teams first season :) The new 2-7-1 should fit most teams though, same formation as the rock, but with wingbacks instead of fullbacks.

I'm in season 11 as dortmund, got a new stadium, CL winners 3x in a row, so every now and again I like to sell many players and build a team around a tactic of yours (this time it was gambit, sold all wingers etc)

For next season I'll be trying out you're 2-7-1 for sure, only need to sell 4 strikers, hah!

quick question, still looking at box-to-box for CM's, CM/DLP for DMC, and for striker the most complete forward as possible? or just every stat for advanced forward?

Last edited:
I'm in season 11 as dortmund, got a new stadium, CL winners 3x in a row, so every now and again I like to sell many players and build a team around a tactic of yours (this time it was gambit, sold all wingers etc)

For next season I'll be trying out you're 2-7-1 for sure, only need to sell 4 strikers, hah!

I think the 2-7-1 will be absolutely devastating with such a top team

before the start of the new season i'll upload a few screenshots of the regens i bought in aged 15-18, i think most are 27 now fully developed