Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

before the start of the new season i'll upload a few screenshots of the regens i bought in aged 15-18, i think most are 27 now fully developed

To answer your questions above, ye, just look for same stats as with the rock/sicilian defense, as it's a mix of those two. box to box, cm/dlp, CF, etc...

The weird thing is that with the 2-7-1, with high tempo and counter-attacking ticked, I get more possession than with slow tempo and don't tick the counter-attacking. Anyway, who cares about logic when I can score 3,5 goals per game in the EPL :)

what do you recommend individual training and general training 2-7-1 mr langvath

Yesterday you shared 2-7-1 is it same OP's 2-7-1 so you said tempo-counter attack?

I definitely think you are on to something with your latest tactic. Will post some screenshots as soon as possible :) Really well done MrLangvatn. 8-|

I tested the 2-7-1 in my Man Utd in midseason in 7 games with the tactic not 100% fluid, with these results:

H vs Stoke 1-1
Man Utd 14 Shots (6 on target) 58% possesion
Stoke 4 shots (1 on target) 42% possesion

A vs Arsenal 0-0
Man Utd 10 Shots (2 on target) 51% possesion
Arsenal 11 Shots (4 on target) 49% possesion

A vs Man City 0-1
Man Utd 13 Shots (5 on target) 51% possesion
Man City 8 Shots (2 on target) 49% possesion

A vs Aston Villa 0-1 (FA Cup)
Man Utd 18 Shots (7 on target) 58% possesion
Aston V. 3 Shots (1 on target) 42 possesion

H vs Chelsea 5-0
Man Utd 18 Shots (12 on target) 62% possesion
Chelsea 2 Shots (1 on target) 38% possesion

H vs Real Sociedad 3-1
Man Utd 28 Shots (14 on target) 60% possesion
R. Society 6 Shots (1 on target) 40% possesion

Very good results, the team increased the possession and shots every game

I tested the 2-7-1 in my Man Utd in midseason in 7 games with the tactic not 100% fluid, with these results:

H vs Stoke 1-1
Man Utd 14 Shots (6 on target) 58% possesion
Stoke 4 shots (1 on target) 42% possesion

A vs Arsenal 0-0
Man Utd 10 Shots (2 on target) 51% possesion
Arsenal 11 Shots (4 on target) 49% possesion

A vs Man City 0-1
Man Utd 13 Shots (5 on target) 51% possesion
Man City 8 Shots (2 on target) 49% possesion

A vs Aston Villa 0-1 (FA Cup)
Man Utd 18 Shots (7 on target) 58% possesion
Aston V. 3 Shots (1 on target) 42 possesion

H vs Chelsea 5-0
Man Utd 18 Shots (12 on target) 62% possesion
Chelsea 2 Shots (1 on target) 38% possesion

H vs Real Sociedad 3-1
Man Utd 28 Shots (14 on target) 60% possesion
R. Society 6 Shots (1 on target) 40% possesion

Very good results, the team increased the possession and shots every game

I have no idea why possession is dominated by this tactic, it just happened because of the formation change (Having 7 "midfielders" may have something to do with it though). Quick tempo and counter-attacking possession tactic? Doesn't sound logical :p However, **** logic, it's a game :)

Last edited:
I'm coming to the end of my third season, and my first season with Man Utd. I've used a load of different tactics and found a lot of them useful, but I felt like I was getting everything out of my Utd squad. I tried out Langvatn's new 2-7-1 and it's been unstoppable.

I do recommend it, but I have to say I do have a strong squad to be getting some of them victories.

View attachment 380232 View attachment 380231

Taken a few days break and I return to see you've created yet another brilliant tactic!

Im still (slowly) working through pre-season 2014/15 with my Feyernoord side. Looking for us to give Ajax a bit of competition this season. Ive switched from Queens Gambit and spent pre-season working towards Rock classic. Although we've improved the squad since I took over im still worried about trying the your favourite (or even your new favourite) until maybe were a little stronger.

How does the new 2-7-1 shape up with mid to upper top teams so far? May give it a blast!

Always amazes me how your tactics with only 1 up top creates so many goals. Real good achievement. Well done Mr Lang!

Taken a few days break and I return to see you've created yet another brilliant tactic!

Im still (slowly) working through pre-season 2014/15 with my Feyernoord side. Looking for us to give Ajax a bit of competition this season. Ive switched from Queens Gambit and spent pre-season working towards Rock classic. Although we've improved the squad since I took over im still worried about trying the your favourite (or even your new favourite) until maybe were a little stronger.

How does the new 2-7-1 shape up with mid to upper top teams so far? May give it a blast!

Always amazes me how your tactics with only 1 up top creates so many goals. Real good achievement. Well done Mr Lang!

I haven't tried it with lesser teams yet, but I appreciate people who can help me test :) It's useful information I can put on the front page.

I've tried with Bayern for 20 matches and W:18 D:2 L:0 Goal:78 CG:10. It is very impressive and it can be best FM 2013 13.3.3 patch tactic least offensive aspect.

I have no idea why possession is dominated by this tactic, it just happened because of the formation change (Having 7 "midfielders" may have something to do with it though). Quick tempo and counter-attacking possession tactic? Doesn't sound logical :p However, **** logic, it's a game :)

Yes, new tactic with tempo and counter's

I again repeat the test on the same 7 games since they are a strong opponent away games, as in the previous test the tactic is not 100% fluid

H vs Stoke 4-1
Man Utd 15 Shots (9 on target) 53% possesion
Stoke 8 shots (five on target) 47% possesion

A vs Arsenal 0-1
Man Utd 5 Shots (2 on target) 45% possesion
Arsenal 7 Shots (4 on target) 55% possesion

A vs Ajax 0-4
Man Utd 11 Shots (8 on target) 53% possesion
Ajax 2 Shots (2 on target) 47% possesion

A vs Man City 2-1
Man Utd 9 Shots (4 on target) 50% possesion
Man City 12 Shots (5 on target) 50% possesion

A vs Aston Villa 0-3 (FA Cup)
Man Utd 14 Shots (5 on target) 54% possesion
Aston V. 4 Shots (1 on target) 46% possesion

H vs Chelsea 2-1
Man Utd 15 Shots (10 on target) 54% possesion
Chelsea 3 Shots (2 on target) 46% possesion

H vs Real Sociedad 4-0
Man Utd 16 Shots (5 on target) 56% possesion
R. Society 4 Shots (1 on target) 44% possesion

In this 2 test less shots and possession per game and lost the match against the city, but still great results!

Yes, new tactic with tempo and counter's

I again repeat the test on the same 7 games since they are a strong opponent away games, as in the previous test the tactic is not 100% fluid

H vs Stoke 4-1
Man Utd 15 Shots (9 on target) 53% possesion
Stoke 8 shots (five on target) 47% possesion

A vs Arsenal 0-1
Man Utd 5 Shots (2 on target) 45% possesion
Arsenal 7 Shots (4 on target) 55% possesion

A vs Ajax 0-4
Man Utd 11 Shots (8 on target) 53% possesion
Ajax 2 Shots (2 on target) 47% possesion

A vs Man City 2-1
Man Utd 9 Shots (4 on target) 50% possesion
Man City 12 Shots (5 on target) 50% possesion

A vs Aston Villa 0-3 (FA Cup)
Man Utd 14 Shots (5 on target) 54% possesion
Aston V. 4 Shots (1 on target) 46% possesion

H vs Chelsea 2-1
Man Utd 15 Shots (10 on target) 54% possesion
Chelsea 3 Shots (2 on target) 46% possesion

H vs Real Sociedad 4-0
Man Utd 16 Shots (5 on target) 56% possesion
R. Society 4 Shots (1 on target) 44% possesion

In this 2 test less shots and possession per game and lost the match against the city, but still great results!

There is really no point to testing tactics before they aren't 100% fluid :) Results will vary too much when it's not fluid.