Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

hey malte

any chance you could reupload it and open a new thread for it/redo the old one

i got a glimpse of the screenshots (results, formation, etc) and it looks like you nailed a great tactic for that type of formation/offense (i'm not a fan of all the 4-4-2's/4-5-1's, i like narrow midfield stacked tactics)

shouldn't let some troll who's a bit challenged deter you from releasing it if you feel it's ready

nice first result with the xmas tree, having an england game to waste time, played cappello's russia away, thumped them 3-0 with ricardo southampton lambert scoring a hat trick, i played a misture of reserve, youth players, my team was forster from celtic, jones smalling, jenkinson parker huddlestone baines, rodwell, shelvey hughes, lambert, very impressed :wub:

Lets try to keep the personal insults to a minimum please (unless they are genuinely funny, then fire away).

I use Mr Langvatn Rock 4-5-1 Tripleweaked (Jassar, Malte, Mr L)

OP tactic :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
What are the roles of the 2 forwards on the 4-4-2 revisited, just so i know what to put them on for training, thanks.

What are the roles of the 2 forwards on the 4-4-2 revisited, just so i know what to put them on for training, thanks.

You need complete forwards, fast nippy ones with no strength will lose out to defenders and big target men will struggle because both strikers play deep so need to have a bit of pace to make a run forward when you break on the attack. So you need very good all round strikers or the tactic won't work so well.

What are the most important favorite movements for 4141 Rock Classic?

Lukaku is a beast

Agreed, I won the league in season 1 with WBA and no signings, Lukaku and Long were amazing, Lukaku was footballer of the year with 21 goals and 17 assists and was injured for 11 games. Shane Long finished prem top scorer with 27 goals in 32 games. I actually signed one player, both my strikers were injured at the start of season so I signed Libor Kozak who usually does great, but in this tactic he played 10 games and didn't score a single goal. Also in another save I had Carlos Fierro a poacher up front and he was ****.

hi i play with liverpool and i use the 4-4-2 revisited by malte i use an update of the transfers of this summer which player do you recommend to play as forwards and which one should i use as wingers on the left and on the right? I'm sorry but i don't find where is the presentation of the tactic to see what kind of players i need.

Malte, please try 3-4-3 like the one Chile used against Spain.. seems a very great tactic in real life, and i supposed shud be, in FM too ;)

Do you guys use the classic formation from the front page: malte 4-4-2 revisted?

hi i play with liverpool and i use the 4-4-2 revisited by malte i use an update of the transfers of this summer which player do you recommend to play as forwards and which one should i use as wingers on the left and on the right? I'm sorry but i don't find where is the presentation of the tactic to see what kind of players i need.

3 of the previous 4 posts before yours explain what type of striker you need.