Mr Langvatn's Tactic Thread (Updated for 13.3.3)

I'm using balanced high and tactics only but attacking movement works well too

4-4-2 revisited tc w4nker version
AC Milan - Brondby - Ajax - Middlesbrough - Toulouse

I'm having lots of success using team cohesion all year round, low intensity - 20% match training & attacking movement

In the beginning of the season I do this: First 5-8 league and cup matches I give them match training Teamwork after that switch to attacking movement

Team cohesion keeps the morale steady and your team will perform better when the morale is up, day before and after match is ticked, I also try and get the same 11 ready for the next match by resting them 1 day extra by going into their profile under training and say rest 1 day, I do that straight after a match for all who have condition 83% or below, it seems to be working.

Brondby 12pl 12won 36 points - 15 points down to the 2nd placed
Ajax 8pl 7won 1draw 22 points
Middlebrough 7pl 6won 1 lost 18points
AC Milan 6pl 6won 18 points (9-0 vs Roma)
Toulouse 9pl 5won 1draw 3loss (very young team full of 17 and 18 year olds, they are currently no.3)

All these 5 teams here went from using arrigo sacchi 442 to this one and the tendency is much more positive though arrigo sacchi was consistant this one seems more consistant, I also adopted this tactic to international sides Tunisia - France - Chile - Denmark and they are doing fantastic as well. I have never won the premier league in england playing fm13 but I think it is on its way with middlesbrough.

Playing with 442 revisited tc v2 by w4nker this happened

View attachment 397145 And this :) View attachment 397144 Manfred Hinz is a DCL the one that scores from corners

Well lately I have been reading and reading, this thread a few times and other fm13 threads related to tactics. I think the setup in the tactics used in this thread is very well done by Mr.Langvatn - Malte722 & W4nker and also why I'm gonna post the tactic I have played around with in here instead of a new thread. Inspiration is taken from in here anyway and I think its worth posting.

I took the 442 revisited tc v2 by w4nker and added all the settings from both player and team instructions to a 4-3-3 Brobs formation setup. Look at images below and see what happened. It has nothing to do with Brobs and is all related to the tactics in this thread.

View attachment 397157 View attachment 397156 View attachment 397155 View attachment 397154 View attachment 397153

As you can see it seems promising and its possession style. Ofcouse being Barcelona I have an automatic advantage with money and players. I wanted to change to one of Mr.Langvatn's tactics with my Barcelona team but I just felt with the players I have in my squad I have to play without wingers, so the change is no wingers but 2 mc's instead and only 1 dlp to get a central striker, and it seems to work wonders. The 2 mc's and the 3 strikers I would train as complete forward and either advanced forward or trequartista. Obiously I feel acceleration and pace is important especially for scl/r
In my world its also important to have player preferred moves SC shoot with power works great for me. FB's,mc's',sc's knock ball past opponent. Scl/r come deep,anything run with ball, through centre, often etc i think is value. Creativity is highly important for all who can have it but mc-sc is where i want to see it for sure. Mc's can also benefit coming deep for the ball, if they have other offensive moves as mentioned above. Strenght 12+ is fine in my opinion mc's-sc's

My save is a bit slow I run alot of leagues with several teams 6 exactly, so it takes me 2 real life weeks to complete a season, so if anyone wanna try this tactic I will post the link below

Brobs433 Revisited.v1- by Jesaustralia

I have to say I'm still very sceptical about this one because my team is the best the world have seen, and players are still more important than a good tactic in my opinion, well several factors actually,
morale - condtion - quality of players - quality of tactic

What would be the most fitting tactic for lower leagues (Skrill Premier, League 1 & 2 etc) due to the pace and overall play is a lot different to high reputation leagues

Playing with 442 revisited tc v2 by w4nker this happened

View attachment 550443 And this :) View attachment 550446 Manfred Hinz is a DCL the one that scores from corners

Well lately I have been reading and reading, this thread a few times and other fm13 threads related to tactics. I think the setup in the tactics used in this thread is very well done by Mr.Langvatn - Malte722 & W4nker and also why I'm gonna post the tactic I have played around with in here instead of a new thread. Inspiration is taken from in here anyway and I think its worth posting.

I took the 442 revisited tc v2 by w4nker and added all the settings from both player and team instructions to a 4-3-3 Brobs formation setup. Look at images below and see what happened. It has nothing to do with Brobs and is all related to the tactics in this thread.

View attachment 550412 View attachment 550413 View attachment 550415 View attachment 550418 View attachment 550421

As you can see it seems promising and its possession style. Ofcouse being Barcelona I have an automatic advantage with money and players. I wanted to change to one of Mr.Langvatn's tactics with my Barcelona team but I just felt with the players I have in my squad I have to play without wingers, so the change is no wingers but 2 mc's instead and only 1 dlp to get a central striker, and it seems to work wonders. The 2 mc's and the 3 strikers I would train as complete forward and either advanced forward or trequartista. Obiously I feel acceleration and pace is important especially for scl/r
In my world its also important to have player preferred moves SC shoot with power works great for me. FB's,mc's',sc's knock ball past opponent. Scl/r come deep,anything run with ball, through centre, often etc i think is value. Creativity is highly important for all who can have it but mc-sc is where i want to see it for sure. Mc's can also benefit coming deep for the ball, if they have other offensive moves as mentioned above. Strenght 12+ is fine in my opinion mc's-sc's

My save is a bit slow I run alot of leagues with several teams 6 exactly, so it takes me 2 real life weeks to complete a season, so if anyone wanna try this tactic I will post the link below

Brobs433 Revisited.v1- by Jesaustralia

I have to say I'm still very sceptical about this one because my team is the best the world have seen, and players are still more important than a good tactic in my opinion, well several factors actually,
morale - condtion - quality of players - quality of tactic

more games to report

View attachment 396900 View attachment 396899 View attachment 396898
The Levante game was alright and then I had some conditoning problems becourse of a national match being played and I have injuries as well, so I'm not playing with the best line up, however its still some concerning results the Wolfsburg game and Elche. We should have beaten Elche 16-0 and I guess that is the good in this formation that it shows promise for attacking football. In the Elche game I had 2 penalties missed both, but I'm still undecided about this formation love the dominance and the big chances that we create, the defence is usually very solid, but due to the player types I have I'm not using 2 dlp's and I think that would enhance this formation to be honest. anyway will be back with more results later.

I have a question: "Stand off more" is related with a deep defensive line, while press more is related with a high defensive line, right?. To make stand off more to work, should i train team cohesion?

Thanks in advance guys.

I have a question: "Stand off more" is related with a deep defensive line, while press more is related with a high defensive line, right?. To make stand off more to work, should i train team cohesion?

Thanks in advance guys.

You can train what ever you want. It does not have that big of a influence. :) I would not recomend to go for stand of more tho...

You can train what ever you want. It does not have that big of a influence.
smile.gif
I would not recomend to go for stand of more tho...

Thank you. Can I know why dont you recomment Stand off more ?

Thanks in advance guys.

That's right. Although it may work the other way too. But most likely it will not be as solid with a high pressing game.

Thank you. Can I know why dont you recomment Stand off more ?

I feel that in this version of the game is better to go with a higher defensive line and with press more. I have been tinkering arround with a lower defensive line and lower pressing a lot, but i really cant get it to work as good as with the other way arround. I feel that "Stand off more" gives the opposition a big advantage since they are then allowed to have the ball for a longer time before the players "react" and start chasing and hassle the opponents.

The mentality of the players may also affect the style of pressing and defensive line settings.. at least that's what i have been seeing... offcourse you could try.. it's like everything in this game; trial and error :)

Good luck mate.. feel free to tell me if you find something that works out rather good with the "Stand off more" solutions...

I have been working on a classic 4-3-3. I am wondering if midfield should be all DLPs like 2-5-3 or tripletweak. But these are DMs. This 4-3-3 classic I'm working on are midcenters, not DMs. Should they still be DLPs or should I try...BWM-DLP-BWM?..or all CM-Automatics ?

I have a feeling that I could make classic 4-3-3 play similar to 2-5-3. FBs would be set to play WB role with same 3-forwards setup from 2-5-3. But the midfield part is difficult to work with.

Edit: I think DLP-D are the way to go. View attachment 393533 players instructions are very identical to 2-5-3, just that it is 4-3-3. I did my own att/def corners, tho. If anyone would like to try 4-3-3 that is same as 2-5-3 but i am sure this isn't as good as 2-5-3.

Last edited:
Hey, I see some of you are still active in fm13 :) I haven't played anything for a while, but from the looks of it, fm14 still sucks balls... If they make fm15 like fm14, I will probably just play fm13 forever. Too few options to play around with in fm14...

Hey, I see some of you are still active in fm13 :) I haven't played anything for a while, but from the looks of it, fm14 still sucks balls... If they make fm15 like fm14, I will probably just play fm13 forever. Too few options to play around with in fm14...

Nice to see you here again! Yup, i totally agree. :) Will start a new save tonight and play some FM 2013.

Hello Mr Langvatn, I have a question for the most voted tactics here, there is the role of playmaker, but not found in the OP what players so we should put as an organizer in the set pieces.

Thank you

Hello Mr Langvatn, I have a question for the most voted tactics here, there is the role of playmaker, but not found in the OP what players so we should put as an organizer in the set pieces.

Thank you

Just plug and play, don't set any playmaker :) (The option is ticked, but that is only to alter the play-style)

Can't believe you pulled that off...tricked us into giving you "clicks" :(

steam-cards - share your unique link and get free Steam Wallet cards!

Check it out. If anyone don't have FM14 yet, this is a nice chance of getting it for free!

Its a CPA offer which basically means Mr Langvatn is trying to make money on his popular thread, I saw it long ago and his tactics are not as good as he saids, but he is getting plenty of help to hype this thread. Langvatn is an affiliate for a company and are illigally trying to make money and take advantage on his popular thread, its pretty pathetic, and yes it is fake but nothing to do with a virus it is as i just said.

A company pays the middleman to generate leads and the middleman hires alot of wanna be rich quick people to do all their dirty work= To get traffic to their offers - when they then fill out the offers which can be a survey or email submits etc the wanna be rich quick person in this case Mr Langvatn, makes anywhere from 0.50c - 1$ sometimes more. I know this because it has been my interest for years and I'm even a member in one of these companies (Peerfly) (adscendmedia). Unfortunately its highly illigal what Mr Langvatn is doing due to copyright reasons and I honestly don't think that SEGA appreciates it.

Further I would not blindly trust this thread and its integrity at all, becourse the purpose of it is to make money. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not trying to flame anyone, I just wanna make people aware of who Mr Langvatn really is.

i don't know,man.. you did earn your respect here,i appreciate your tactics..trully amazing,let's put this awkward moment away ,will ya?i mean if some people misread your "effort", let it be. but the point is, you made great tactics on this edition.that's it.
i wonder what happen with fm14,though..i didn't find any convenience tactic so far,maybe i should create my own ..